Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Bad movies that should be remade

Old 05-04-10, 12:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Re: Bad movies that should be remade

I'd love to see a better version of Tobe Hooper's Lifeforce. Fucking space vampires, man! It could be epic.
Old 05-04-10, 03:04 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Ash Ketchum View Post
All I'm sayin' is that I didn't like DiCaprio in GANGS OF NEW YORK (nor in anything else he's done that I've seen) and I was using a broad historical argument to dress up my position. I would have liked that movie more with better actors in the DiCaprio/Diaz roles or diminished roles for those characters. If DiCaprio worked for you, as he works for so many out there, fine. I can't tell you you shouldn't like him. Only that he didn't work for me. I'm an old crank and I'm harder to please.
This is why I continue to love this forum. You and I just demonstrated that two forum members can discuss an issue in which they have opposing points of view without it devolving into something childish. On nearly any other forum, one of the two of us would have been blasted with posts about how moronic our unpopular opinion proves us to be.

As for Gangs of New York, I confess I've not seen it since I saw it in a theater on Christmas night, 2002. I remember DiCaprio's accent not impressing me, but I do remember his eyes. They were animalistic throughout the movie, and it was unsettling at times. It was the first time I'd noticed that kind of energy from him in a performance. At the time I was so dreadfully tired of hearing about him that I took an anti-DiCaprio bias into the film with me, and maybe this is why I'm so vocal in my support of him now: he won me over in that performance. Which, when you think about it, was no small feat since he was in the same film that had Daniel Day-Lewis as Bill the Butcher!
Old 05-04-10, 03:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I'll also chime in to say that Gangs would have been a far superior film had Scorsese cast someone other than DiCaprio/Diaz. Neither of the two do anything for me.
Old 05-04-10, 05:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Nesbit View Post
Watched Little Shop of Horrors ('86) the other day and even though it was done well I'd be down for a remake that doesn't have a crappy feel good ending tacked on.
Just as long as they didn't cast any Disney kids or American Idol or Glee people in the movie I would consider it.
Old 05-04-10, 05:31 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by calhoun07 View Post
Just as long as they didn't cast any Disney kids or American Idol or Glee people in the movie I would consider it.
One name: Neil Patrick Harris.
Old 05-04-10, 05:41 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by KillerCannibal View Post
I'd love to see a better version of Tobe Hooper's Lifeforce. Fucking space vampires, man! It could be epic.

As long as it is rated R and contains the same ammount of nudity.