Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

The Avengers - May 2012 - D: Joss Whedon

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

The Avengers - May 2012 - D: Joss Whedon

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-11, 09:23 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 135 Likes on 80 Posts
Re: The Avengers - May 2012 - D: Joss Whedon

Originally Posted by Solid Snake PAC
She is an attractive girl and can act when it calls for something along her quality of persona (or whatever).
Old 09-06-11, 09:27 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I had to google to understand what you meant. I've never even heard about that. Either way...he's an actor I like.
Old 09-06-11, 09:55 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Calling Scarlett "average at best" is a crime against manhood
Old 09-06-11, 10:00 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by RocShemp
Although I appreciate a good pair of breasts (of which size is not the only mark of quality), I'm not obsessed with them.
Not that there's anything wrong with that!
Old 09-07-11, 12:49 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My "thumbs and elbows" comment was a reference to the internet phenomenon wherein someone announces to the world that Random Starlet is hideous due to some minor physical defect. Megan Fox has weird thumbs and others have "man elbows" or bony knees or whatever. It's really irritating, especially since it's the same attitude that labels women as "fat" simply because they weigh more than the average toddler.

To be fair to Shemp, he didn't do this exactly, but it was close enough to get my eyes a'rolling. Of course, physical attraction is a deeply personal thing, and someone either does it for you or they don't. But even though Megan Fox, Natalie Portman, or the current flavor of the month doesn't rev my engines, I can look at them somewhat objectively and understand how other folks can go ga-ga over them*. I certainly don't go into a thread where others are extolling the beauty of an actress just to tell them how wrong they all are.**

* - Uma Thurman is, of course, the perennial exception.
** - Again, rules are made to be broken where Uma Thurman is concerned.
Old 09-07-11, 06:29 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 625 Likes on 482 Posts

Originally Posted by fumanstan
Calling Scarlett "average at best" is a crime against manhood
There's plenty of girls far more attractive than she is. She's nothing special.

Originally Posted by Preterite
My "thumbs and elbows" comment was a reference to the internet phenomenon wherein someone announces to the world that Random Starlet is hideous due to some minor physical defect. Megan Fox has weird thumbs and others have "man elbows" or bony knees or whatever. It's really irritating, especially since it's the same attitude that labels women as "fat" simply because they weigh more than the average toddler.

To be fair to Shemp, he didn't do this exactly, but it was close enough to get my eyes a'rolling. Of course, physical attraction is a deeply personal thing, and someone either does it for you or they don't. But even though Megan Fox, Natalie Portman, or the current flavor of the month doesn't rev my engines, I can look at them somewhat objectively and understand how other folks can go ga-ga over them*. I certainly don't go into a thread where others are extolling the beauty of an actress just to tell them how wrong they all are.**

* - Uma Thurman is, of course, the perennial exception.
** - Again, rules are made to be broken where Uma Thurman is concerned.
Well it's not like I called her a hideous freak or complained about some minor physical detail (who do you think I am? Jerry Seinfeld?). I simply think she's a dime a dozen and not worth being placed on a pedestal.

Last edited by RocShemp; 09-07-11 at 06:35 AM.
Old 09-07-11, 09:25 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 264 Likes on 192 Posts

Originally Posted by MoviePage
The funniest thing about that pic is the fact that one of Hollywood's current worst-kept secrets is that Renner isn't interested in boobs at all.
In this day and age who cares? He is a good actor. That is all that matters to me.
Old 09-07-11, 09:42 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 696 Likes on 430 Posts

Old 09-07-11, 11:08 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

The funniest thing about that pic is the fact that one of Hollywood's current worst-kept secrets is that Renner isn't interested in boobs at all.
Maybe he's a leg or ass-man?

I agree that these guys must feel like dorks standing around in such ridiculous costumes. Then again, I guess the salary makes up for it.
Well... if actors were completely honest, would it make any difference if they weren't wearing comic book costumes? After all, what they're doing (regardless of what they're wearing) is just "make-believe." Which is something that ought to make any adult feel like a dork, unless they're playing with their kids. And even then an adult ought to feel like a dork, but shouldn't care because it's for their kids.

I agree, it's got to be the money.
Old 09-07-11, 11:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Jon2

After all, what they're doing (regardless of what they're wearing) is just "make-believe." Which is something that ought to make any adult feel like a dork, unless they're playing with their kids. And even then an adult ought to feel like a dork, but shouldn't care because it's for their kids.
Feeling like dorks? Unless they're playing with their children?

These guys are making multi-millions acting in major motion pictures.

I really don't think they care that some nobody on a message thinks they look like a dork.
Old 09-08-11, 07:50 AM
Banned

Maybe they also think it's pretty cool to play a superhero in a movie?
Old 09-12-11, 10:22 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Second villain revealed?

Spoilers obviously

Also win

Last edited by anomynous; 09-12-11 at 11:27 PM.
Old 09-12-11, 10:29 PM
Banned by request

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I think I will avoid that particular spoiler, and will probably have to quit this thread as I did the Dark Knight one.
Old 09-12-11, 11:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 427 Likes on 291 Posts

Damn. Win indeed
Old 09-13-11, 12:16 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Pretty obvious who the second villain is.
Old 09-13-11, 12:21 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 810 Likes on 684 Posts

That is a great choice for a villain, surprised they actually went that direction. Though supposedly the spoiler villain is more for the inevitable sequel than anything else.
Old 09-13-11, 05:55 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Awesome character but you know he wont do jack shit in this movie but rather will be setup as the main villain for the sequel. So it's not worth getting excited over (as far as this film is concerned).
Old 09-13-11, 06:58 AM
Banned

Yeah...wonder how'll they integrate that without falling flat. I can see it working..but it'd probably be something the fans see coming and await but the audience won't know it's siginficance..so..it could work out without being done bad.
Old 09-13-11, 08:36 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts

awesome news.
Old 09-13-11, 08:59 AM
DVD Talk Legend

cool...
Old 09-14-11, 01:46 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

If that rumor is true, it will be interesting to see if they deal with him by bringing in his primary opponent.
Old 09-14-11, 03:45 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Since Scarlett is in this flick and she has many adoring fans here, I thought I'd share this:

Originally Posted by Darth Anakin
The release of photos the actress allegedly took of herself may be the work of a hacker group targeting Hollywood.

It looks like Scarlett Johansson may be the latest victim of a hackers group that targets celebrities.
our editor recommendsDisney's D23 Expo 2011
'Avengers' Jeremy Renner and Scarlett Johansson Talk Fight Scenes and Injuries (Video)
Hacker Group Attacks Hollywood Stars; Releases Stolen Julianne Hough Pictures

The Avengers actress reportedly contacted the FBI to report that her cell phone was hacked and that the private photos were released to the public.

"The FBI is aware of the alleged hacking incident and is looking into it," an FBI official told FoxNews.com.

Two photos made their way onto the internet on Wednesday. One shows the actress rapped in only a towel with an exposed backside. The other is a topless image. Johansson’s reps did not immediately respond to THR’s request for comment.

STORY: Hacker Group Attacks Hollywood Stars; Releases Stolen Julianne Hough Pictures

While no one hacker group has taken credit for releasing the images, the FBI has been investigating a group that has targeted celebrities, and boasts of hacking into 50 Hollywood heavyweights computers and cell phones.

Other celebrities that have reportedly been hacked include Jessica Alba, Christina Aguilera, Selena Gomez and Miley Cyrus. All the victims are female.

VIDEO: 'Avengers' Jeremy Renner and Scarlett Johansson Talk Fight Scenes and Injuries

Hollywood Leaks has already taken credit for releasing racy photos from Julianne Hough’s cell phone and nude photos of musician Kreayshawn after the MTV Video Music Awards. The group also claims to be responsible for leaking the script for Tom Cruise’s upcoming film, Rock of Ages.

The Hollywood Leaks hacker group also released a YouTube video back in late August around the time of the release of Kreayshawn’s private photos. "Attention Hollywood we are Anonymous. We have been watching you. We have been listening to you. You have been allowed to run free too long,” the video said.
Source - http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...-hacked-235568
Old 09-14-11, 06:19 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So why would a woman want to take nude pics of herself?
Old 09-14-11, 08:31 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by wm lopez
She likes how she looks? She wants to remind her boyfriend/husband/girlfriend/wife/neighbour what they won't be screwing if they cheat on her? So they can be "stolen" and she gets some free PR? Take your pick.
Old 09-14-11, 08:45 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by wm lopez
Hmmm... I have no idea

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.