Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Legend Of The Guardians (2010) (dir. Zack Snyder)

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Legend Of The Guardians (2010) (dir. Zack Snyder)

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-10, 12:38 PM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Legend Of The Guardians (2010) (dir. Zack Snyder)

I didn't believe my friend when he told me Zach Snyder directed this. Why would he follow up Watchmen with a kids movie about owls?
Old 10-02-10, 04:19 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 366 Likes on 266 Posts

Originally Posted by rabidgoatboy
I didn't believe my friend when he told me Zach Snyder directed this. Why would he follow up Watchmen with a kids movie about owls?
Zach has six kids.
Old 10-02-10, 10:18 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rabidgoatboy
Why would Spielberg follow up Jurassic Park with a movie about the Holocaust?

Last edited by whoopdido; 10-02-10 at 11:45 PM.
Old 10-02-10, 10:37 PM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

^ LOL

oh snap! ... okay my stomach hurts now
Old 10-06-10, 11:57 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

Saw this tonight. Visually stunning, atrocious first half, great second half. I'd probably say it's a C+, maybe B- movie.
Old 12-28-10, 10:05 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Watched this OnDemand last night. I was actually captivated for the first half, good character development (though painted with broad strokes), but it almost lost me completely once "Owl City" kicked in. My gf and I were both laughing at how absurd that song was; it nearly killed the film for me. But, once things got going again, it was good, just not great. The battle scenes were well-shot, but I just didn't quite get what the evil "flecks" were or how they worked. Seemed like a lame plot device. I got a very "Secret of Nimh" vibe from the overall film. Loved the animation, too. Some scenes looked astounding with the level of detail in the owls' faces. I don't think I'd buy it on BD (unless I had kids), but it was worth watching.
Old 12-28-10, 10:16 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,022 Likes on 812 Posts

Yeah that song was horrrrrrrible.
Old 01-30-11, 08:30 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Finally saw this. It boggled my mind that one movie could have both a stupid almost slapstick musical montage with that stupid owl city song and also a musical montage with that song from the end of The Mist...Host of the Seraphim. Is it possible to have 2 more polar opposite songs in the same movie? Actually, the movie was also strange in how different in tone it was during different parts. Some parts seemed like 300 or Lord of the Rings while others seemed like Cats and Dogs: Kitty Galore.

Anyway, I enjoyed it. Obviously the animation was outstanding. The story was a little weak and I actually found it a little hard to follow. I couldn't keep the names straight and a lot of the owls looked alike and I really don't understand the whole fleck thing and that blue force field thing, but I guess I just overlooked that stuff and treated it as an action movie and it was fun. I only read the first book, so maybe the later books explain it better.

The end left it open for a sequel and I'd like to see one made, but from what I understand there aren't any plans at the moment. I believe it underperformed at the box office.

By the way, could anybody explain what the deal was with the flecks?