DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Movie Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk-17/)
-   -   Help with movie title (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk/570021-help-movie-title.html)

cincyfan987 02-26-10 08:07 AM

Help with movie title

Im trying to remember a movie where a group of crooks, I think it was 3, go into this suburban house and dig in the basement floor to recover some hidden money. It was a comedy film from what I remember and probably came out in the 90's because thats when I remember watching it on tv. I remember them digging most of the movie and the homeowner guy even joins in. The cops are hot on their trail. Anyone know the title?

riotinmyskull 02-26-10 08:09 AM

Re: Help with moie title

more like 'help with thread title'.....ZING!

but seriously the movie you're looking for is probably THERE GOES THE NEIGHBORHOOD: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0105573/

JackBurton 02-26-10 08:53 AM

Re: Help with movie title

Heh, I had forgotten about that one. I remember watching it on HBO with my brother "back in the day."

Skyclad01 02-26-10 09:28 AM

Now that that's solved, ill take a turn...

It was a 90's comedy movie about these group of not so sharp guys about thier mid to late 30's (3 I believe it was), and these guys needed some money so they were going to kidnap a random girl for ransom. And from there it goes downhill really quickly. Problem was, the girl was the daughter of a Chinese conciliate (or something of that stature), but he didnt want to pay them for some reason or another. So while these guys are hiding out up in a cabin, the main guy wants to prove hes serious to the father about the ransom. (though he doesn't have any intentions of hurting the girl) So he makes a call though his connections about getting a female right hand pinky finger so he can send it to the father to make him pay the ransom.

So he sets up a time, date and place to get the finger (which was behind some trashcans someplace), but when he opens the box containing the finger, its a black male's right thumb. Meanwhile, the 2 other guys are up at the cabin with the girl, but they forgot to bring food with them. Fortunately, they find a can of peas, but something happens and theres only one pea left and the 2 guys are arguing about who gets to eat it.....

Unfortunately, I cant remember who acts in it. But if it helps any one of the cabin guys could have easily been Brian Posehn

Ash Ketchum 02-26-10 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by Skyclad01 (Post 10020023)
Now that that's solved, ill take a turn...

It was a 90's comedy movie about these group of not so sharp guys about thier mid to late 30's (3 I believe it was), and these guys needed some money so they were going to kidnap a random girl for ransom. And from there it goes downhill really quickly. Problem was, the girl was the daughter of a Chinese conciliate (or something of that stature), but he didnt want to pay them for some reason or another. So while these guys are hiding out up in a cabin, the main guy wants to prove hes serious to the father about the ransom. (though he doesn't have any intentions of hurting the girl) So he makes a call though his connections about getting a female right hand pinky finger so he can send it to the father to make him pay the ransom.

So he sets up a time, date and place to get the finger (which was behind some trashcans someplace), but when he opens the box containing the finger, its a black male's right thumb. Meanwhile, the 2 other guys are up at the cabin with the girl, but they forgot to bring food with them. Fortunately, they find a can of peas, but something happens and theres only one pea left and the 2 guys are arguing about who gets to eat it.....

Unfortunately, I cant remember who acts in it. But if it helps any one of the cabin guys could have easily been Brian Posehn

First few sentences sound like THE BIG HIT, with Mark Wahlberg, Lou Diamond Phillips and China Chow. The rest doesn't. But I could have forgotten all those parts. It was a pretty forgettable movie.

cincyfan987 02-26-10 01:43 PM

Thank you so much riotinmyskull! Ive been trying to remember this title forever. Now if only it was available on dvd...

Nicholas Vargo 02-26-10 01:55 PM

Speaking of that, why does Paramount continue to sit on that one? Who knows when HBO will show that one again. It's a really funny movie!

Skyclad01 02-26-10 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by Ash Ketchum (Post 10020153)
First few sentences sound like THE BIG HIT, with Mark Wahlberg, Lou Diamond Phillips and China Chow. The rest doesn't. But I could have forgotten all those parts. It was a pretty forgettable movie.

This was pretty similar, except the action was replaced with comedy and I dont recall any big name actors in it off hand. Unless its one of those like Dirty Work / Chairman Of The Board / Office Space where later on you go "Ohh, I didn't realize he/she was in it"