DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Movie Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk-17/)
-   -   Madonna to Direct King Edward VIII Biopic (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk/569570-madonna-direct-king-edward-viii-biopic.html)

Daytripper 02-15-10 04:29 PM

Madonna to Direct King Edward VIII Biopic

:yack: and :suicide:

From Variety via worstpreviews.com. And check out the user comments (http://www.worstpreviews.com/headlin...=16769&count=0)

Madonna is set to direct "WE," a biopic about the affair between King Edward VIII and Wallis Simpson that led to the British royal abdication from the throne to marry his divorcee lover.

Vera Farmiga (Up in the Air) is eyeing the role of Simpson. There is no word yet on who will play King Edward. Madonna is writing the script with Alex Keshishian (Truth or Dare).

Simpson led a colorful life, having been married twice before her romance with Edward. The two of them, who lived the rest of their lives as the Duke and Duchess of Windsor, spent the best part of three decades living a life of leisure as social celebrities around the world.

RichC2 02-15-10 04:30 PM

Re: Madonna to Direct King Edward VIII Biopic

rotfl

Dr. DVD 02-15-10 04:32 PM

I hope she is funding it herself, as I don't see any studio in their right mind forking over the money for something like this.

fernsita 02-18-10 04:41 PM

She just bothers me, especially after the whole Guy Richie thing....movies are his thing -- why does she need to jump into that too...annoying..

islandclaws 02-18-10 04:50 PM

Ugh. Madonna and Farmiga - two people I can't stand.

I think it's hilarious that Madonna can't get a clue.

Groucho 02-18-10 04:53 PM

Does she still talk with that phony British accent or have the effects of the flu shot worn off?

terrible chong 02-18-10 04:58 PM

Oh boy!

JumpCutz 02-18-10 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by Groucho (Post 10006282)
Does she still talk with that phony British accent or have the effects of the flu shot worn off?

No but she can walk backwards just fine.

RocShemp 02-18-10 05:01 PM

The project sounds questionable (at best) but I won't mock her directing skills (or lack thereof) without seeing something she's directed first.

But the fake English accent is overdue a swift death.

BJacks 02-18-10 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by fernsita (Post 10006260)
She just bothers me, especially after the whole Guy Richie thing....movies are his thing -- why does she need to jump into that too...annoying..

She was working in Hollywood long before she met Guy Ritchie.

islandclaws 02-19-10 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by BJacks (Post 10006388)
She was failing in Hollywood long before she met Guy Ritchie.

Fixed.

d2cheer 02-19-10 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by RichC2 (Post 10000438)
rotfl

This!

Too early for April 1 jokes guys and gals.

GoldenJCJ 02-19-10 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by fernsita (Post 10006260)

I hear she'll be trying out for the Yankees this Spring.

lamphorn 02-20-10 08:21 PM

How much you wanna bet Lourdes plays a princess?

mickey65 02-20-10 10:06 PM

This actually would make a great movie - if Madonna wasn't involved to taint it.

Ugh, I can't stand her anymore.

Charlie Goose 02-20-10 11:00 PM

I don't normally like shitting on things blindly, but this movie would suck hard, take a deep breath, and then suck some more. Madonna has always been desperate to become a movie star, with no luck.

wago70 02-26-10 12:09 PM

Casting soon. I know that Madonna is said to be directing, but I haven't had any confirmation. I do know that director Alek Keshishian is involved in the screenplay. Madonna is currently working on her new album and a tour is rumored to begin in Australia in winter of '10 or '11.
I know she's a workaholic, but it would seem doubtful she'd take on directing a feature length film with everything on her plate. Since Alek is an established director and very inspired by this project one would assume he'd be directing. Not sure without official confirmation from her website nor from other fansites about her taking on directorial duties for sure. Maybe Variety and imdb.com are correct?