Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Breaking Dawn (Twilight Saga) to be two films

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Breaking Dawn (Twilight Saga) to be two films

Old 11-08-12, 03:21 PM
  #51  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 12,250
Received 75 Likes on 64 Posts
Re: Breaking Dawn (Twilight Saga) to be two films

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.nbc.com/assets/video/widget/widget.html?vid=1423329" frameborder="0"></iframe>

I never found Kristen Stewart attractive but damn does she look hot!
Old 11-14-12, 09:36 PM
  #52  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 45,364
Received 1,035 Likes on 819 Posts
Re: Breaking Dawn (Twilight Saga) to be two films

This one is actually getting solid reviews 81% so far though I'm sure it'll drop like a rock tomorrow.

"Finally -- finally! -- the Twilight franchise embraces its own innate absurdity with the gleefully over-the-top conclusion, The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 2."

"Tellingly, it's when Condon and screenwriter Melissa Rosenberg veer away from Stephenie Meyer's turgid text that Breaking Dawn, Part 2 actually comes to life and turns into something bold and outrageous."
Old 11-14-12, 10:18 PM
  #53  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 39,420
Received 650 Likes on 500 Posts
Re: Breaking Dawn (Twilight Saga) to be two films

Originally Posted by mhg83
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.nbc.com/assets/video/widget/widget.html?vid=1423329" frameborder="0"></iframe>

I never found Kristen Stewart attractive but damn does she look hot!
I can't see the video you posted at all.

She's really cute when she smiles:

Spoiler:




Sadly, it seems impossible to ger to smile like that in any of her movies. I actually had to google "Kristen Stewart smiling" just to see what she looks like while smiling.
Old 11-14-12, 11:10 PM
  #54  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
Rex Power Colt-Robot Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 2,033
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Breaking Dawn (Twilight Saga) to be two films

Even after all these years I still cant tell if thats a boy or girl in "Panic Room"
Old 11-14-12, 11:34 PM
  #55  
Banned by request
 
Supermallet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Termite Terrace
Posts: 54,150
Likes: 0
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Re: Breaking Dawn (Twilight Saga) to be two films

I look forward to the Rifftrax.

Also Stewart was kind of okay (and nude) in On The Road.
Old 11-15-12, 05:47 AM
  #56  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 39,420
Received 650 Likes on 500 Posts
Re: Breaking Dawn (Twilight Saga) to be two films

The trailer hits me where it hurts since I saw that Michael Sheen is the villain. And I must say that the trailer overall looked good. That's the first time I've felt that way about any Twilight trailer. So I'm tempted to see this. Can I go in blind or should I rent the other flicks first?
Old 11-15-12, 01:36 PM
  #57  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Kal-El's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Fortress of Solitude
Posts: 7,992
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: Breaking Dawn (Twilight Saga) to be two films

Originally Posted by RocShemp
The trailer hits me where it hurts since I saw that Michael Sheen is the villain. And I must say that the trailer overall looked good. That's the first time I've felt that way about any Twilight trailer. So I'm tempted to see this. Can I go in blind or should I rent the other flicks first?

I'll save you the trouble:
Spoiler:

Twilight: Bella likes Edward, who's a vampire

New Moon: Edward leaves, Bella hangs out with Jacob, who's a werewolf

Eclipse: Werewolves and "good" vampires fight renegade vampires that want to kill Bella

Breaking Dawn 1: Bella and Edward get married, have destructive vampire sex. Bella gets pregnant within days, dies during the C-section and is turned into a vampire by Edward. Jacob falls in love with Edward and Bella's baby, Renesmee.


Now you're all caught up.

Michael Sheen is the head of the Volturri, kind of like the head family that keeps the vampire global population "in line.
Old 11-15-12, 01:43 PM
  #58  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 39,420
Received 650 Likes on 500 Posts
Re: Breaking Dawn (Twilight Saga) to be two films

Originally Posted by Kal-El
I'll save you the trouble:
Spoiler:

Twilight: Bella likes Edward, who's a vampire

New Moon: Edward leaves, Bella hangs out with Jacob, who's a werewolf

Eclipse: Werewolves and "good" vampires fight renegade vampires that want to kill Bella

Breaking Dawn 1: Bella and Edward get married, have destructive vampire sex. Bella gets pregnant within days, dies during the C-section and is turned into a vampire by Edward. Jacob falls in love with Edward and Bella's baby, Renesmee.


Now you're all caught up.
Thanks.

Although that last spoiler is...

Originally Posted by Kal-El
Michael Sheen is the head of the Volturri, kind of like the head family that keeps the vampire global population "in line.
Cool. Have you seen it already? If so, does he get plenty of screentime and get to be a badass?
Old 11-15-12, 02:26 PM
  #59  
DVD Talk Legend
 
islandclaws's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Behind the Orange Curtain
Posts: 20,084
Likes: 0
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Re: Breaking Dawn (Twilight Saga) to be two films

I couldn't have less interest in seeing this, but I saw that Devin Faraci tweeted last night that the final 20 min or so are "a total bloodbath", which he sounded kinda shocked to say.
Old 11-15-12, 11:22 PM
  #60  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Kal-El's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Fortress of Solitude
Posts: 7,992
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: Breaking Dawn (Twilight Saga) to be two films

Originally Posted by RocShemp
Thanks.
Cool. Have you seen it already? If so, does he get plenty of screentime and get to be a badass?
You're welcome. In the theater right now waiting. I'll give my thoughts after.
Old 11-16-12, 02:47 AM
  #61  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Kal-El's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Fortress of Solitude
Posts: 7,992
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: Breaking Dawn (Twilight Saga) to be two films

Just got back. My wife and I loved it. Strayed from the book enough to make it interesting. And it has one of the best twists ever I think. Kudos for whoever came up with that.

Michael Sheen chews up every scene he's in.

Cullen Coven vs. Volturri >>>> Jedi vs. Geonosians in EpII.

End credits were a nice touch. They acknowledged every major actor going back to the first movie. Yes, even the 2 Victorias.
Old 11-16-12, 09:55 AM
  #62  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Puyallup
Posts: 16,430
Likes: 0
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Re: Breaking Dawn (Twilight Saga) to be two films

Originally Posted by Kal-El
Just got back. My wife and I loved it. Strayed from the book enough to make it interesting. And it has one of the best twists ever I think. Kudos for whoever came up with that.

Michael Sheen chews up every scene he's in.

Cullen Coven vs. Volturri >>>> Jedi vs. Geonosians in EpII.

End credits were a nice touch. They acknowledged every major actor going back to the first movie. Yes, even the 2 Victorias.
Were they able to make the whole soul mate issue between the jacob character and Bella's daughter not feel weird.

My wife described that situation from the book, and it creeped me out a little.
Old 11-16-12, 10:25 AM
  #63  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Kal-El's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Fortress of Solitude
Posts: 7,992
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: Breaking Dawn (Twilight Saga) to be two films

Yep. One of the good changes they made.
Old 11-16-12, 12:31 PM
  #64  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
mdc3000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Guelph, Ontario
Posts: 9,921
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Breaking Dawn (Twilight Saga) to be two films

I thought the Jacob stuff still felt weird, but they played it for laughs, knowing full well that it was fucked up. Decent wrap up to the series and was glad they finally delivered some action, which I guess the book didn't have. The girls I saw it with who HAD read the books, all thought it was an improvement, because the final book is 'dead boring' according to them, so at least they spiced it up with the 'twist' for the movie audience.

Some extremely cringe worthy green screen at the start (par for the course) but Baby Renesmee looked HORRIBLE... I can't even be sure if they ever used a real baby at all or just cgi'd the face for some reason...but that and the creepy cg baby hand were disturbing. All in all a satisfying movie that I'm sure the fanbase is going to flip out for.
Old 11-16-12, 01:22 PM
  #65  
Senior Member
 
draven31's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: in Austin, probably stuck in traffic.
Posts: 903
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Breaking Dawn (Twilight Saga) to be two films

Originally Posted by Kal-El
Just got back. My wife and I loved it. Strayed from the book enough to make it interesting. And it has one of the best twists ever I think. Kudos for whoever came up with that.

Michael Sheen chews up every scene he's in.

Cullen Coven vs. Volturri >>>> Jedi vs. Geonosians in EpII.

End credits were a nice touch. They acknowledged every major actor going back to the first movie. Yes, even the 2 Victorias.
care to spoil the twist? I have a feeling what it might be based on what I've heard and the books ending.

Spoiler:
That the bloody fight with good guys getting torn to shreads was just a vision of Alice's. Who do they kill? Do any of them really get killed?


I wont be seeing it for awhile so spoilers are fine with me.
Old 11-16-12, 01:29 PM
  #66  
Moderator
 
Groucho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Posts: 71,383
Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
Re: Breaking Dawn (Twilight Saga) to be two films

Is this the one where they introduce the pedophilia storyline? I might have to go check it out just to laugh at all the middle-aged women gushing about how "romantic" it is.
Old 11-16-12, 02:10 PM
  #67  
DVD Talk Legend
 
stingermck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Cobra Island
Posts: 17,132
Received 431 Likes on 293 Posts
Re: Breaking Dawn (Twilight Saga) to be two films

Well one person is glad its over. The Google Image part from Breaking Dawn Part 1 is hilarious

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/HBpNps3xATc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 11-16-12, 04:56 PM
  #68  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Puyallup
Posts: 16,430
Likes: 0
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Re: Breaking Dawn (Twilight Saga) to be two films

Originally Posted by Groucho
Is this the one where they introduce the pedophilia storyline? I might have to go check it out just to laugh at all the middle-aged women gushing about how "romantic" it is.
Even hardcore fans of the series are split with the whole soulmate thing between Jacob and the child.

My wife tells me "Its really not all perverted like how it appears to be"
Old 11-16-12, 08:27 PM
  #69  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 39,420
Received 650 Likes on 500 Posts
Re: Breaking Dawn (Twilight Saga) to be two films

Originally Posted by Kal-El
Just got back. My wife and I loved it. Strayed from the book enough to make it interesting. And it has one of the best twists ever I think. Kudos for whoever came up with that.

Michael Sheen chews up every scene he's in.

Cullen Coven vs. Volturri >>>> Jedi vs. Geonosians in EpII.

End credits were a nice touch. They acknowledged every major actor going back to the first movie. Yes, even the 2 Victorias.
Awesome. Didn't get a chance to go see it today and weekend is packed but I'll catch the first showing on Monday.

I can't believe I'm actually excited to see a Twilight movie.
Old 11-16-12, 09:55 PM
  #70  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Drexl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 16,077
Likes: 0
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Re: Breaking Dawn (Twilight Saga) to be two films

Originally Posted by KillerCannibal
I couldn't have less interest in seeing this, but I saw that Devin Faraci tweeted last night that the final 20 min or so are "a total bloodbath", which he sounded kinda shocked to say.
Thankfully it wasn't an actual bloodbath at this theater:

Police say 20-year-old Blaec Lammers, turned in by his mother, bought movie tickets, assault rifles and ammunition.

A Missouri man has been charged after officials say he bought movie tickets, assault rifles and ammunition and planned an Aurora, Colo.-style shooting at a showing of the new Twilight movie.

Blaec Lammers, 20, of Bolivar, faces charges of first-degree assault, making a terrorist threat and armed criminal action, the News-Leader reports. Lammers told police he bought two assault rifles and 400 rounds of ammunition and bought tickets to a Sunday screening of Summit Entertainment's Breaking Dawn - Part 2. The movie opened wide Friday.

He told police he had "a lot in common" with people involved in "recent shootings in the news," according to the charging documents, the News-Leader reports. Police said Lammers' mother turned him in to police.
He is being held under $500,000 bail.

A spokesman for Summit/Lionsgate could not immediately be reached for comment.
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...-police-391475
Old 11-16-12, 11:18 PM
  #71  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 39,420
Received 650 Likes on 500 Posts
Re: Breaking Dawn (Twilight Saga) to be two films

I'm glad he was caught before the fact.
Old 11-17-12, 01:00 AM
  #72  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Kal-El's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Fortress of Solitude
Posts: 7,992
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: Breaking Dawn (Twilight Saga) to be two films

Originally Posted by draven31
care to spoil the twist? I have a feeling what it might be based on what I've heard and the books ending.

Spoiler:
That the bloody fight with good guys getting torn to shreads was just a vision of Alice's. Who do they kill? Do any of them really get killed?


I wont be seeing it for awhile so spoilers are fine with me.
Ding ding ding we have a winner. Everybody and their mother flipped out when
Spoiler:
the first casualty was Carlisle and that's what triggered the full on fight. Jasper bit it too. Seth was crushed to death, Leah sacrificed herself to save Esmee. Biggest cheers when Jane's head got bit off by a wolf and when Bella and Edward basically tag-teamed Aro.

Personally I'd have been ok with that change (having the fight) because the book was so anticlimactic without it. But when they show Aro's POV of the flame approaching his face and then cut back his face minutes before when he was reading Alice's vision, and you realized what the entire previous sequence really was, the audience reaction was priceless.
Old 11-17-12, 01:05 AM
  #73  
Senior Member
 
draven31's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: in Austin, probably stuck in traffic.
Posts: 903
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Breaking Dawn (Twilight Saga) to be two films

Originally Posted by Kal-El
Ding ding ding we have a winner. Everybody and their mother flipped out when
Spoiler:
the first casualty was Carlisle and that's what triggered the full on fight. Jasper bit it too. Seth was crushed to death, Leah sacrificed herself to save Esmee. Biggest cheers when Jane's head got bit off by a wolf and when Bella and Edward basically tag-teamed Aro.

Personally I'd have been ok with that change (having the fight) because the book was so anticlimactic without it. But when they show Aro's POV of the flame approaching his face and then cut back his face minutes before when he was reading Alice's vision, and you realized what the entire previous sequence really was, the audience reaction was priceless.
ok.. thats the gist of what I had heard. Just didn't know who. thank you.

Spoiler:
so the whole fight we see in the previews is the vision or do they keep it like the books (boring) ending?
Old 11-17-12, 07:07 AM
  #74  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
mdc3000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Guelph, Ontario
Posts: 9,921
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Breaking Dawn (Twilight Saga) to be two films

Originally Posted by draven31
ok.. thats the gist of what I had heard. Just didn't know who. thank you.

Spoiler:
so the whole fight we see in the previews is the vision or do they keep it like the books (boring) ending?
Spoiler:
The entire fight is the vision, but it plays out as if it is actually happening...it's only as the fight is wrapping up that it is revealed to be Alice's vision and then we get the ho hum boring ending.
Old 11-17-12, 07:38 AM
  #75  
Senior Member
 
draven31's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: in Austin, probably stuck in traffic.
Posts: 903
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Breaking Dawn (Twilight Saga) to be two films

Originally Posted by mdc3000
Spoiler:
The entire fight is the vision, but it plays out as if it is actually happening...it's only as the fight is wrapping up that it is revealed to be Alice's vision and then we get the ho hum boring ending.
Ah that might have been worth going to an early screening to see. Well I mean watching the crazy fans loosing their minds and the normal fans watching them loose it only to have the twist happen.


I used to really like the series but the twihards and the awful last book kinda killed my taste for it.


Thanks..

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.