Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Weekend Box-office (11/20-11/22) : Eclipse of the moon

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Weekend Box-office (11/20-11/22) : Eclipse of the moon

Old 11-22-09, 03:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Weekend Box-office (11/20-11/22) : Eclipse of the moon

Originally Posted by Indy Jones Fan
I guess I'm just cranky in my old age because they annoy me. Here are a few more:

Everyone watches Harry Potter Pull Out His Wand

She Cut A Bitch!

2012 Destroys The Competition

Bet Nobody SAW This Coming
To be fair they are normally much better than that.
Old 11-22-09, 03:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DRG
I have to wonder how big this opening could have been if these stories were written even a *little* bit better and thus maybe had a broader appeal. I think of something like Harry Potter, which has a lot of die hard fans who've read the books, but also manages to attract more casual viewers who've never picked up one of the books. Twilight is so heavily geared toward the fangirls and seems to be very polarizing to most everyone else.
Well if it is polarizing to anyone they certainly aren't hurting for profit. The segment of the audience they are gearing this to are coming out in force, and going multiple times and buying all the merch. So if they are only focused on a certain audience they certainly know how to seperate them from their money.
Old 11-22-09, 06:27 PM

Received 61 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by ardathbey
Well if it is polarizing to anyone they certainly aren't hurting for profit. The segment of the audience they are gearing this to are coming out in force, and going multiple times and buying all the merch. So if they are only focused on a certain audience they certainly know how to seperate them from their money.
I'ts good to keep in mind that during all this past year since the first Twilight movie was released, all four books have been selling remarkably well.