Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Really bad and therefore great (horror) movies

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Really bad and therefore great (horror) movies

Old 10-06-09, 06:43 PM
  #1  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 789
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Really bad and therefore great (horror) movies

Hi,

Recommend me some fantastically bad movies (mostly horror/gory I guess) that are so indescribably bad, horrendously stupid, over the top bloody, and enormously stupid plot-wise, that they become a parody of their own, and therefore become great movies to watch with the buddies, over chips and beer.

Examples:
Machine girl
Jesus Christ vampire killer (not gory, but fits the rest)
Black sheep
Mega shark versus giant octopus (this one may have been too boring to fit the description)

Thanks!
Old 10-06-09, 06:44 PM
  #2  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
riotinmyskull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: portsmouth, va
Posts: 9,176
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: Really bad and therefore great (horror) movies

troll 2

/thread
Old 10-06-09, 06:50 PM
  #3  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Navinabob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Bay Area, California
Posts: 8,939
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Really bad and therefore great (horror) movies

"House of the Dead" and for those my age... "The Stuff"
Old 10-06-09, 06:52 PM
  #4  
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY
 
OldBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Are any of us really anywhere?
Posts: 47,239
Received 652 Likes on 559 Posts
Re: Really bad and therefore great (horror) movies

Originally Posted by riotinmyskull View Post
troll 2

/thread
does that have a double meaning

Last edited by OldBoy; 10-06-09 at 07:29 PM.
Old 10-06-09, 07:00 PM
  #5  
DVD Talk Legend
 
DeputyDave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 14,080
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Really bad and therefore great (horror) movies

Campfire Stories (2001) – Not to be confused with Campfire Tales (a decent anthology horror film). This movie was so over the top bad I would actually put it on par with Manos or Plan 9. It has Jamie Lynn Sigler (from Sopranos) proving that someone has nude photos of her and apparently Charlie Day and Rob McElhenney (from It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia)

Certainly the worst movie of this millennia.
Old 10-06-09, 07:09 PM
  #6  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 8,634
Likes: 0
Received 173 Likes on 123 Posts
Re: Really bad and therefore great (horror) movies

Blood Feast
Old 10-06-09, 07:19 PM
  #7  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
visitor Q's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 2,501
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Really bad and therefore great (horror) movies

James Cameron's Piranha 2: The Spawning

Still love the nurse kill ....
Old 10-06-09, 07:24 PM
  #8  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Mondo Kane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 11,559
Received 91 Likes on 81 Posts
Re: Really bad and therefore great (horror) movies

Old 10-06-09, 07:26 PM
  #9  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: Somewhere out there... YES THERE!!!
Posts: 7,936
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Really bad and therefore great (horror) movies

Why has no one mentioned "Killer Clowns from Outer Space"

Classic.
Old 10-06-09, 08:22 PM
  #10  
DVD Talk Legend
 
islandclaws's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Behind the Orange Curtain
Posts: 20,086
Likes: 0
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Re: Really bad and therefore great (horror) movies

^ Because it isn't bad...

My pick: C.H.U.D.

Last edited by islandclaws; 10-06-09 at 08:27 PM.
Old 10-06-09, 08:30 PM
  #11  
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Henderson, NV
Posts: 136
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Really bad and therefore great (horror) movies

Originally Posted by DeputyDave View Post
Campfire Stories (2001) Not to be confused with Campfire Tales (a decent anthology horror film). This movie was so over the top bad I would actually put it on par with Manos or Plan 9. It has Jamie Lynn Sigler (from Sopranos) proving that someone has nude photos of her and apparently Charlie Day and Rob McElhenney (from Its Always Sunny in Philadelphia)

Certainly the worst movie of this millennia.
Charlie Day and Rob McElhenney in a horror movie? Sold! I'm a huge bad horror movie fan and a huge IASIP fan.



If I were to add anything to the list, maybe...

Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Next Generation(the plot makes NO sense whatsoever and Matthew McConaughey is gloriously over the top)

Cutting Class
Old 10-06-09, 08:42 PM
  #12  
DVD Talk Legend
 
DeputyDave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 14,080
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Really bad and therefore great (horror) movies

Originally Posted by James Lafleur View Post
Charlie Day and Rob McElhenney in a horror movie? Sold! I'm a huge bad horror movie fan and a huge IASIP fan.



If I were to add anything to the list, maybe...

Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Next Generation(the plot makes NO sense whatsoever and Matthew McConaughey is gloriously over the top)

Cutting Class
Don't go expecting Always Sunny, this is a bad, bad, bad movie. As Ranger Bob (Buster Poindexter) says as the moral of one of the stories: "You see- right when you think you got life by the balls, you kill an Indian and he steals the life right outta ya."

Last edited by DeputyDave; 10-06-09 at 09:00 PM.
Old 10-06-09, 09:15 PM
  #13  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: a mile high, give or take a few feet
Posts: 14,500
Received 139 Likes on 114 Posts
Re: Really bad and therefore great (horror) movies

Leprechaun series.
Old 10-06-09, 09:21 PM
  #14  
DVD Talk Reviewer
 
GenPion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 4,665
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Re: Really bad and therefore great (horror) movies

Originally Posted by visitor Q View Post
James Cameron's Piranha 2: The Spawning

Still love the nurse kill ....
I haven't watched this one in YEARS, but when I was really young this was an awesome scary movie.
Old 10-06-09, 09:29 PM
  #15  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 304
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Really bad and therefore great (horror) movies

Old 10-08-09, 10:28 AM
  #16  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Posts: 313
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Really bad and therefore great (horror) movies

Sorority House Massacre 2

Classically bad. Classically great!

Sample dialogue:

Sorority Girl 1: "I can't find Janie anywhere!"

Sorority Girl 2: "Janie?? Janie??"

Sorority Girl 3: "See!"
Old 10-08-09, 11:39 AM
  #17  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 14,806
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Really bad and therefore great (horror) movies

Feast.
Old 10-08-09, 11:43 AM
  #18  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Posts: 17,091
Received 547 Likes on 399 Posts
Re: Really bad and therefore great (horror) movies

Old 10-08-09, 11:52 AM
  #19  
DVD Talk Legend
 
EdTheRipper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 15,640
Received 51 Likes on 39 Posts
Re: Really bad and therefore great (horror) movies

Gingerdead Man and Gingerdead Man 2: Passion of the Crust
Old 10-08-09, 12:04 PM
  #20  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 7,956
Received 181 Likes on 104 Posts
Re: Really bad and therefore great (horror) movies

Boa vs. Python. Some friends and I used to rent the worst looking straight-to-dvd horror flicks we could find and this is the only one that stuck with me. Horrible on every level and hilarious if you're in the right mood.
Old 10-09-09, 03:18 AM
  #21  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Posts: 1,154
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Really bad and therefore great (horror) movies

Diary of the Dead
Old 10-09-09, 03:23 AM
  #22  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 1,608
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Really bad and therefore great (horror) movies

Originally Posted by kilcher View Post
I disagree... I actually really liked it (and so did a bunch of others).

Now if you want shitty...
-Sleepaway Camp 2&3. Best. Shitty. Horror films. Ever.
Old 10-09-09, 07:03 AM
  #23  
Senior Member
 
Rubix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Posts: 795
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Really bad and therefore great (horror) movies

pony trouble
Old 10-09-09, 08:22 AM
  #24  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
Perkinsun Dzees's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: CA
Posts: 3,807
Received 189 Likes on 126 Posts
Re: Really bad and therefore great (horror) movies



Old 10-09-09, 09:29 AM
  #25  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: SoCal
Posts: 825
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Really bad and therefore great (horror) movies

Slithis


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.