Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

King of Fighters The Movie

Old 10-06-09, 10:18 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

King of Fighters The Movie

Ok so i noticed that Maggie Q was starring in this movie and that got my interest. I found the following webpage with some photos from the shoot and all i can say is we already have a contender for worst video game adaptation of all time. Streetfighter: The Legend of Chun Li (at least was good to laugh at Chris Klein pulling faces a lot), Streetfighter, Mortal Kombat Annihilation and Dead or Alive......you look like you have some serious competition for shitness with this one.

Check out the pics at
http://makaiknights.blogspot.com/200...ers-movie.html

http://heroisx.wordpress.com/2009/06...hters-o-filme/
Old 10-06-09, 10:37 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Re: King of Fighters The Movie

LOL at the pic of Maggie Q's jump kick in that second link. I can just imagine the photo shoot for that pic -- her lying on some green boxes with leg outstretched, and then the photoshopping.
Old 10-06-09, 10:37 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I started a thread about this a while back: http://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk/...-fighters.html

It definitely looks bad.

I give Dead Or Alive a free pass. The games are pure shit story-wise so I think the movie did more than what was required of it.
Old 10-06-09, 10:56 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Yavin View Post
LOL at the pic of Maggie Q's jump kick in that second link. I can just imagine the photo shoot for that pic -- her lying on some green boxes with leg outstretched, and then the photoshopping.
is she supposed to be that chick with the huge boobs and the fans? She's kinda small.
Old 10-06-09, 11:06 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Solid Snake PAC View Post
is she supposed to be that chick with the huge boobs and the fans? She's kinda small.
That's exactly who she's supposed to be. Maggie Q is gorgeous but I find it odd that she was cast as a character that's only really known for her gargantuan breasts.
Old 10-06-09, 02:02 PM
Banned

What was the last KoF game that was good? Was that recent one any good btw?
Old 10-06-09, 02:48 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I've yet to play the latest KoF game. However, the review I read on PTOM is that the game was very lackluster. Basically, a "been there, done that" scenario but with nicer graphics. They recommenced Blaz Blue (or whatever the heck it's called) instead.

I enjoyed KoF XI even if the story made no real sense. But then again, when have they ever? Although very different, KoF 2006 was rather enjoyable. The transition to 3D graphics didn't hurt the gameplay one bit. However, that game has to feature the easiest SNK boss ever. I was shocked I wasn't swearing at the screen while fighting him.
Old 10-06-09, 02:54 PM
Banned

Sadly my only actual playing with a KoF game is KoF '99. I think it was known as the worst KoF game ever. Which didn't help my lackluster appreciation for the series though I always liked it's visual design.
Old 10-06-09, 07:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Solid Snake PAC View Post
What was the last KoF game that was good? Was that recent one any good btw?
Last good KOF was KOFXI on PS2. KOFXII (PS3/Xbox 360) was a tremendous let down. It feels completely rushed/unfinished compared to the other fighters that came out this year.

I have a feeling I might check out this train wreck.
Old 10-06-09, 09:44 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

It was possibly due to the disappointing roster. That and the game lacks any balance whatsoever.