Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Have you ever seen an Original and Remake screen as a Double feature at a Cinema ?

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Have you ever seen an Original and Remake screen as a Double feature at a Cinema ?

Old 10-02-09, 03:33 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Just having seen the new Nightmare on Elm street 2010 trailer, looks decent enough but really not that different to the original which i think still holds up well.

I would pay good money to see the original followed by the remake (or vice versa) in a double feature at the cinema

Have you ever seen this happen ?
Old 10-02-09, 06:28 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Re: Have you ever seen an Original and Remake screen as a Double feature at a Cinema

Last year I saw a double feature of The Reckless Moment, which was later remade as The Deep End. That's the only one I can think of.
Old 10-02-09, 07:15 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Re: Have you ever seen an Original and Remake screen as a Double feature at a Cinema

No, I have not.
Old 10-02-09, 08:15 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Psycho was played before the remake's midnight opening at my local theater in 1998.
Needless to say, they didn't save the best for last.
Old 10-02-09, 11:22 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Back in 1974 at a Raoul Walsh retrospective at the Museum of Modern Art, they ran THE STRAWBERRY BLONDE (1941), a b&w period comedy starring James Cagney, Olivia de Havilland, Rita Hayworth, and Jack Carson, with its 1948 Technicolor remake, ONE SUNDAY AFTERNOON (1948), starring the decidedly minor-list cast of Dennis Morgan, Dorothy Malone, Janis Paige and Don DeFore. Alan Hale Sr. was in the first one, pre-"Gilligan's" Alan Hale Jr. was in the second one. (That should tell you something.) Shot-for-shot, word-for-word remake, yet one sparkled and one fell completely flat.
Old 10-02-09, 12:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I couldn't imagine watching the awesome original NOES and then following it up with the (you know it's gonna be) pale imitation.

Personally, I'd love to see a double bill of The Thing From Another World with The Thing.
Old 10-05-09, 09:54 AM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Originally Posted by KillerCannibal View Post
Personally, I'd love to see a double bill of The Thing From Another World with The Thing.