Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Let the Right One In remake Let Me In...aka Fish Head?

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Let the Right One In remake Let Me In...aka Fish Head?

Old 07-01-10, 07:25 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,011 Likes on 803 Posts
Re: Let the Right One In remake Let Me In...aka Fish Head?

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/qjavOLdPk1c&hl=en_US&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/qjavOLdPk1c&hl=en_US&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>
Old 07-01-10, 08:00 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That almost looks like a shot-for-shot remake.
Old 07-01-10, 08:17 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow, that actually doesnt look horrible at all!
Old 07-01-10, 09:11 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 285 Likes on 209 Posts

Originally Posted by Drav3n
I agree. I think Hollywood finally did it! Let's hope they don't fuck up "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo".
Old 07-01-10, 09:26 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

no fucking thanks.
Old 07-01-10, 09:30 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wonder how the remake will handle the cat scene.
Old 07-01-10, 09:31 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Daytripper
I agree. I think Hollywood finally did it! Let's hope they don't fuck up "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo".
I think the only way they'd really fuck that one up is if we had the following headline: "M Night tries his hand at the thriller with Dragon Tattoo remake."

Curious to see how they handle the pacing in this remake, the atmosphere certainly appears to be there.
Old 07-01-10, 09:44 AM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by matome
That almost looks like a shot-for-shot remake.
yeah...dunno how I feel about it...

Originally Posted by Drav3n
It could be good. But the pacing in that trailer doesn't suduce me too well. It's got the environment and the cast...ah wtf....they just copied the whole damn thing from what I saw...there's no artistry in that trailer from the filmmaker. SO FAR...it's pretty much a damn carbon copy set in the US.

Originally Posted by Daytripper
ehhhhhh....I wouldn't go so far to say that. It's just a trailer. Trailer's job is to make you to want to see it. It's a an "ok" trailer pacing wise but the music turns the film into something of a different beast from what we know what it is adapted from, adding in the pacing of the trailer.

Originally Posted by riotinmyskull
no fucking thanks.
Again...it could be good. I don't know. I'll go once I hear more and see more that hits me in the positive direction. But a carbon copy of another film doesn't entice me to want to see it.
Old 07-01-10, 09:58 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Solid Snake PAC
ehhhhhh....I wouldn't go so far to say that. It's just a trailer. Trailer's job is to make you to want to see it. It's a an "ok" trailer pacing wise but the music turns the film into something of a different beast from what we know what it is adapted from, adding in the pacing of the trailer.
Yeah, the music sort of bugged me too. I liked that the trailer for Let The Right One was a little more subdued. This one has some electronic-ish music playing though the whole thing. Hopefully its just for the trailer.

That said, it does appear to be a shot for shot remake, except there were a couple things in the trailer I didn't recognize from the original. For Example, what was with the face that flashed on the screen after they were talking about hearing each other through the walls?

Old 07-01-10, 10:04 AM
Banned

The only thought I had when I saw that was the shot of Ele in the original when you see what you see "really" looks like.
Old 07-01-10, 10:08 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Pass. Reeves is obviously imitating what was already done better than he could have, so why bother? This is only for fools who can't handle subtitles, plain and simple.
Old 07-01-10, 10:09 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts

By now, I thought everybody knew that trailer music was just temporary?
Old 07-01-10, 10:19 AM
Banned

I'm not saying I'm thinking it's in the film but it gives off the wrong mood and pace of the tale that we know it's based on.
Old 07-01-10, 10:22 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Groucho
By now, I thought everybody knew that trailer music was just temporary?
Yes, I know. I just hope the music choice for the trailer isn't representative of the type of music they used in the movie.
Old 07-01-10, 12:24 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Even if it is a "carbon copy" of the swedish version, that's really not a bad thing. The swedish version followed the book closely, and the only things it didn't really focus on was the other characters and their actions (which I thought made the book boring at times) and it didn't really focus much on Eli's "true" background.

I wonder if they are gonna focus on Eli--I mean Abby's "true" background or just do a quick shot like in the swedish version.
Old 07-01-10, 12:44 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by riotinmyskull
no fucking thanks.
ditto. But I guess the tentacles couldn't let one slip away...all your expression belong to US!

Old 07-01-10, 01:12 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

How can people judge this to be a shot for shot remake based solely on a minute long trailer? I do see some similar shots but that doesn't lead to the conclusion that it's a shot for shot remake, a la Psycho.
Old 07-01-10, 01:21 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by FinkPish
How can people judge this to be a shot for shot remake based solely on a minute long trailer? I do see some similar shots but that doesn't lead to the conclusion that it's a shot for shot remake, a la Psycho.
C'mon now, it's the internet, we can judge an entire movie from two screen caps... A full minute and 16 seconds? Seen all it has to offer and then some. It's a 3 star remake of a 3 1/2 star movie.
Old 07-01-10, 01:45 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 598 Likes on 462 Posts

Originally Posted by RichC2
C'mon now, it's the internet, we can judge an entire movie from two screen caps... A full minute and 16 seconds? Seen all it has to offer and then some. It's a 3 star remake of a 3 1/2 star movie.
Old 07-01-10, 02:16 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,748 Likes on 1,093 Posts

@ RichC2

It looks pretty good to me and I love that Hit Girl Chick. Hey, the original was not fuckin' Citizen Kane. I mean it was good, but in no way the Greatest Vamp Film Ever making it untouchable.
Old 07-01-10, 02:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 814 Likes on 569 Posts

Pointless remake... and it does look like it was remade shot-by-shot for the most part.

All because people fear foreign-language films and can't stand reading subtitles.

I see no point in watching this - I'll just re-watch the original.
Old 07-01-10, 04:36 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by FinkPish
cuz in a remake we don't a (from what it really looks like) shot for shot remake. We at the least would want another version of that story, visually speaking, told differently.

Originally Posted by RichC2
talking about screencaps...One day we'll get the "perfect" version of Predator.

Originally Posted by Giantrobo
@ RichC2

It looks pretty good to me and I love that Hit Girl Chick. Hey, the original was not fuckin' Citizen Kane. I mean it was good, but in no way the Greatest Vamp Film Ever making it untouchable.
I'm totally game for a good movie...but if it's basically shot for shot...it's losing ground quickly cuz when you can't make something original you go to source and copy it. Which possibly means the filmmaker lacks the vision to make it his own or he loves the original too much or etc etc....

Originally Posted by Coral
Pointless remake... and it does look like it was remade shot-by-shot for the most part.

All because people fear foreign-language films and can't stand reading subtitles.

I see no point in watching this - I'll just re-watch the original.
I know right? Seriously...in a lot of other countries with at the same level or close to our resources don't mind subtitles a lot of the time. Or they get a dub at the least...and man, I hate dubs..but sometimes...I don't mind it. Talking about dubs...I watched Watchmen (I had already seen in in English on opening night) in Spanish...the spanish dub for Rorschach was badass.
Old 07-01-10, 04:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

People can't read.

It's not they don't want to, not that they 'fear' it, they lack the reading abilities to keep up with the movie.
Old 07-01-10, 05:06 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 598 Likes on 462 Posts

Not so much that they can't read but that they can't read quickly.

My dad, for example, doesn't speak English. So when he watches a movie for the first time, he'll watch it dubbed in Spanish so he doesn't miss what's happening on-screen while he's reading subtitles. He'll watch the film subtitled on subsequent viewings because he has a firm grasp of what the movie's about and what's being said. So he can just glance quickly at the subtitles and keep watching the movie.
Old 07-01-10, 05:10 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,748 Likes on 1,093 Posts

Originally Posted by Solid Snake PAC
cuz in a remake we don't a (from what it really looks like) shot for shot remake. We at the least would want another version of that story, visually speaking, told differently.

talking about screencaps...One day we'll get the "perfect" version of Predator.

I'm totally game for a good movie...but if it's basically shot for shot...it's losing ground quickly cuz when you can't make something original you go to source and copy it. Which possibly means the filmmaker lacks the vision to make it his own or he loves the original too much or etc etc....

You say all that but let's be honest, if they made major changes and put the Director's "Stink" on the remake, you guys would be complaining about that too.

Last edited by Giantrobo; 07-01-10 at 05:13 PM.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.