DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Movie Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk-17/)
-   -   Resident Evil being rebooted (Resident Evil Begins) (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk/561188-resident-evil-being-rebooted-resident-evil-begins.html)

Yavin 09-09-09 11:22 AM

Resident Evil being rebooted (Resident Evil Begins)

Yet another in a long line of reboots ... Bloody Disgusting is reporting that the Resident Evil film franchise will be getting the (quasi) reboot treatment, in the form of Resident Evil Begins.

The next RE film, Resident Evil: Afterlife however, will continue from the previous films, with Begins rebooting the series after that.

I've enjoyed the RE films for what they are, look forward to seeing the 4th film, and seeing what they do with the reboot. I hope that at least the 4th film seques into the 5th, in some way. And at least change the title also.

Solid Snake 09-09-09 12:33 PM

Re: Resident Evil being rebooted (Resident Evil Begins)

Funny..I'd like to see them stick to the story of the games...lose some of the stuff what wouldn't translate well to film and keep the jest of the story in place with characters etc.

Giantrobo 09-09-09 12:49 PM

I've always liked the RE films but I'll check out a Reboot.

beavis69 09-09-09 01:18 PM

I love Resident Evil games. I mean i love them. 2 is probably my favorite game ever. But the movies have always made me think...why. They are movies based on a video game thats biggest influence was movies. Why not just make a kick ass zombie movie and call it something else. Plus the games have gone so far from zombies at this point that ive started to lose interest

DRG 09-09-09 01:43 PM

I'm actually excited to hear this. I like the movies, but always wondered what it would like to have a film series that was truer to the feel and tone of the early games. To me, what makes those early games work is the spooky 'haunted house' atmosphere mixed with zombies and good old fashioned monster movies.

The RE films, on the other hand, pushed the sci-fi angle and made the whole thing seem more like a video game than the actual video game did... essentially dumbing it down into action movies, which was fun for what it was but sort of missed the point, in my opinion.

Maxflier 09-09-09 02:58 PM

Glad they are doing 1 more to follow the current storyline. I am looking forward to seeing
Spoiler:
all those Mila's running around kicking ass.

Bandit03 09-09-09 03:37 PM

I'm glad to hear this, I was never a huge fan of the current RE movies. I'm crossing my fingers its more in line with the games.

DeanoBKN 09-09-09 09:55 PM

Maybe this time they will try to follow the game's plot more. I hate the current RE movies (only seen 1 & 2 though)

Solid Snake 09-09-09 11:09 PM

Originally Posted by Dean Kousoulas (Post 9698755)
Maybe this time they will try to follow the game's plot more. I hate the current RE movies (only seen 1 & 2 though)

Ditto...hated them.

Jackskeleton 09-10-09 03:58 AM

God damn, I hated the films more than anything. Here's hoping they do actually follow the games this time around.

Tarantino 09-10-09 10:08 AM

The Resident Evil movies are awful.

Here's to hoping that it follows the plot of the fucking game.

islandclaws 09-10-09 10:59 AM

This one should have been the reboot. I'm tired with Mila's character. They need to make a hard-R kick-ass version of RE 4. And send Romero back in a time machine to the 90's to direct it.

riotinmyskull 09-10-09 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by KillerCannibal (Post 9699572)
This one should have been the reboot. I'm tired with Mila's character. They need to make a hard-R kick-ass version of RE 4. And send Romero back in a time machine to the 90's to direct it.

:thumbsup: we can dream.

Numanoid 09-10-09 02:11 PM

Which hard-R kick-ass zombie movie did Romero make in the '90s?

Solid Snake 09-10-09 02:19 PM

No offense...in case some people haven't seen his flicks now..but..uh..he sucks. Give it to a good director and a writer who knows what bad dialogue is.

islandclaws 09-10-09 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by Numanoid (Post 9699977)
Which hard-R kick-ass zombie movie did Romero make in the '90s?

None, that's why I need him to go back in time and make one.

Don't forget, he did that awesome Outbreak trailer for Japan which gave fans a taste of what his RE world might've looked like.