Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Noticed Quentin Tarantino movies favor the Good Guy prevailing in the end...jeez

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Noticed Quentin Tarantino movies favor the Good Guy prevailing in the end...jeez

Old 09-09-09, 10:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Noticed Quentin Tarantino movies favor the Good Guy prevailing in the end...jeez

Pretty disappointing by Onion standards, I think.
Old 09-09-09, 12:31 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Noticed Quentin Tarantino movies favor the Good Guy prevailing in the end...jeez

Good Guys and Bad Guys is an incredibly simplistic and arguably worthless viewing of these films.
Old 09-09-09, 02:23 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Location: Northern New Jersey...or as we say it "Sopranos Country USA"
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DRG
I think it's to the point where the bad guy winning has become a cliche in its own right. It's one thing if the choice is honest to the story, but I think filmmakers too often go that route merely for shock value. I'm getting sick of movies where the bad guy wins seemingly just to make the movie 'edgy'.
+1, the same can be said about the good guys doing the same thing. It works if it doesn't feel forced.