DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Movie Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk-17/)
-   -   Most Bizarre/Twisted Film EVER??? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk/561045-most-bizarre-twisted-film-ever.html)

van der graaf 09-06-09 06:14 PM

Most Bizarre/Twisted Film EVER???

Someone has to watch this and report back...because I am sure as hell not going to see it:

pajiba.com*trade_news*human-centipede-first-sequence-images.php
(The * should be / , they wont let me post urls yet).

One of the films currently playing at FrightFest over in the UK is a movie called Human Centipede: First Sequence. The plot, essentially, is this: A respected Siamese Twin surgeon has developed his future vision of the world. He wants to remove all humans’ kneecaps and then graft the humans together, mouth-to-anus, to form a human centipede. He kidnaps two American women and a Japanese man and begins the tissue matches, teeth removal, and buttock moulding to create his triplet creature, aka, the First Sequence.
The wildest thing: it isn't even Japanese...*

Solid Snake 09-06-09 07:35 PM

Re: Most Bizarre/Twisted Film EVER???

never heard of it. Youtube had this...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ETGyvAFUZY8&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ETGyvAFUZY8&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

and some pics...
http://www.pajiba.com/trade_news/hum...nce-images.php

AnonomusBob15 09-06-09 08:09 PM

someone was talking about this at work. the same someone who though Dead Snow was going to be some sort of a breakthrough.

this sounds gross.

EdTheRipper 09-06-09 08:51 PM

I'd see it.

Larry C. 09-06-09 08:52 PM

Wow that's a whole new spin on "Ass to Mouth"

Brent L 09-06-09 09:39 PM

http://www.quietearth.us/articles/20...FIRST-SEQUENCE

Year: 2009
Directors: Tom Six
Writers: Tom Six
IMDB: link
Trailer: N/A
Gallery: link
Review by: Ben Austwick
Rating: 7.5 out of 10

The Human Centipede – when you read the title you're know you're in for something strange and disgusting, especially on learning that the centipede in question is a chain of humans sewn together mouth to anus in a surgical procedure. The idea is original and nasty enough to be horror in its own right - which is lucky as The Human Centipede never does much more than expand on its premise, one which is sick and twisted enough to carry the film, helped along by some great performances.

Things start pretty badly as two American tourists, Lindsey and Jenny (played by Ashley Williams and Ashlynn Yennie respectively), find themselves stranded in a remote part of Germany where, unsurprisingly, there is no mobile phone signal. They walk to the house of the creepy and uptight Dr Heiter (played with wry hamminess by Dieter Laser), a retired leader in the field of cojoined twin surgery who now wants to try a twisted, reverse version of his speciality and is on the hunt for victims. This disappointingly by-wrote set up, echoed later in the film in a pointless hide-and-chase scene that distracts from rather than adds to the real horror at The Human Centipede's core, and the averagely handled police intervention that brings the film to a head, point to a lack of ideas beyond the central subject matter.

The sometimes plodding nature of the film is rescued by a constant string of jokes, mainly through the comedy of Dieter Laser's performance and that of Akihiro Kitamura, Dr Heiter's third unfortunate victim, who makes up the “head” of the human centipede. Both play off each other brilliantly, Dr Heiter preening and even kissing himself in a mirror while Kitamura screams with anger at the "crazy German" tormenting him. Kitamura's over-the-top acting provides some real laughs, but is underpinned by warmth for his character as he suffers through a gamut of emotions, his initial rage giving way to the dehumanisation of being turned into a weird parody of an insect.

The body horror takes second seat to comedy throughout, but behind the laughs this is a dark film that while never exploring the human-technology interface of obvious influence David Cronenberg dwells extensively on the degradation, humiliation and pain of Dr Dieter's victims. The inevitable consequence of sewing people mouth-to-anus to form one long, complete digestive tract is realised in a sequence that invokes disgust and sympathy more than laughter. The trauma of the surgery is ever present and the sheer despair of their predicament is excruciating. While The Human Centipede only has its own title to work with, it explores the concept thoroughly with both humour and horror, and that is really quite enough.

JOE29 09-06-09 09:54 PM

I'm not intrested in this either.

The most bizare / twisted film that I ever saw was the original, The Fly.
Seeing that human head on the fly creeped me out for years.
And it kept saying "help me, help me " that's the creepiest thing i've ever seen
in a movie.

Drav3n 09-06-09 10:11 PM

Originally Posted by Larry C. (Post 9692459)
Wow that's a whole new spin on "Ass to Mouth"

damnit! as soon as i read the quote the OP posted, that was the first thing came to mind! damn u for beating me to it! haha

this does sound like a movie i would watch! lol

Abob Teff 09-06-09 10:27 PM

http://scrapetv.com/News/News%20Page...nte-randal.jpg You never go ass to mouth.

And people wonder why I have such a low opinion of modern "horror" films.

This description begs so many questions ... none which do I give a rat's-mouth-to-rat's-ass to bother with asking.

Larry C. 09-06-09 10:32 PM

Originally Posted by Drav3n (Post 9692565)
damnit! as soon as i read the quote the OP posted, that was the first thing came to mind! damn u for beating me to it! haha

this does sound like a movie i would watch! lol

:lol: I'm gonna watch this some how some way.

Solid Snake 09-06-09 10:38 PM

Originally Posted by EdTheRipper (Post 9692458)
I'd see it.

Usually I'm not into this stuff...especially with the actual premise given...I kinda wanna see how this thing ends. It's sounds visually disturbing...

van der graaf 09-07-09 01:32 AM

Originally Posted by Solid Snake PAC (Post 9692599)
Usually I'm not into this stuff...especially with the actual premise given...I kinda wanna see how this thing ends. It's sounds visually disturbing...

Nice pun :rimshot:

Solid Snake 09-07-09 08:01 AM

It...it wasn't a pun. I guess it could be. It wasn't meant to be. *shrugs shoulders*

kstublen 09-07-09 09:04 AM

I'm dying at the title of the article:

"There Just Aren't Enough Mouth-to-Anus Human Centipede Movies Anymore"

I'm sure this movie is very disturbing and I'd regret seeing it, but i can't help but be curious as to what happens in the movie and what possible resolution there is for the unfortunate and unwilling participants in the project.

Gunde 09-07-09 10:26 AM

Review at Dread Central
http://www.dreadcentral.com/reviews/...-sequence-2009

I don't think I'll be able to resist watching this :D

Larry C. 09-07-09 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by kstublen (Post 9692978)
I'm dying at the title of the article:

"There Just Aren't Enough Mouth-to-Anus Human Centipede Movies Anymore"

I'm sure this movie is very disturbing and I'd regret seeing it, but i can't help but be curious as to what happens in the movie and what possible resolution there is for the unfortunate and unwilling participants in the project.

As far as resolution, I'm hoping that one turd that originates in the first segment of the centipede makes it all the way out the ass of the last segment.

Way cool!!!

TheySentYou 09-07-09 02:58 PM

i had a great deal of curiosity and interest towards this until the review mentioned its comedic value. Comedy in horror/disturbing films usually tends to ruin it from being "disturbing" to me. i'll probably watch it anyway.

someone PM me when there are torrents available for this or if a dvd release is nearing - as being a sheltered fellow from Arkansas, my nearest indie theater is a good 3 hours away and it probably won't even show something like this.

mike45 09-07-09 03:39 PM

I will not be watching this one. Ever.

Troy Stiffler 09-07-09 03:59 PM

There's three or five stills on Google image search, if anyone's interested.

Not sure what to think. Sounds interesting. But can't say that I'l lbe seeing it anytime soon.