DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Movie Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk-17/)
-   -   What do you REALLY think of Renee Zellweger? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk/560664-what-do-you-really-think-renee-zellweger.html)

Charlie Goose 08-31-09 01:10 AM

What do you REALLY think of Renee Zellweger?

She gets a lot of crap on here for being annoying, and her lemon puss. Is anyone a fan?

I thought she was good, and cute as hell, in Jerry Maguire.
She was okay in Nurse Betty and Me, Myself, & Irene.

Wanted to punch her in the snout in Appaloosa, Cold Mountain, Chicago, Leatherheads.

She also seems to be annoying in real life too, although that is only my impression of her, and not anything specific.

The Infidel 08-31-09 01:35 AM

Re: What do you REALLY think of Renee Zellweger?

I thought she was hot even before Jerry Maguire, when she was in Empire Records. Trouble is, she did the lemon puss thing on the DVD cover (which I assume was also the movie poster), and I honestly thought there was going to be an Asian chick in the movie.

Supermallet 08-31-09 01:51 AM

Hot from Empire Records through Me, Myself, and Irene. Not hot in everything else. Annoying.

Tarantino 08-31-09 01:52 AM

Can't stand her.

UAIOE 08-31-09 02:00 AM

Empire Records...kinda hot

Jerry Maguire and beyond...not so much.

Giantrobo 08-31-09 02:19 AM

I LOVE her. I've liked her in pretty much every film she's been in and I think she looks better "Bridgette Jones Plump".

I LOVE her with Ewan McGregor because I think they have great chemistry.

Giantrobo 08-31-09 02:23 AM

And oh, I think the REAL title for thread should be "Do You Still Want to FUCK RENEE, and How Much Does She Annoy You". :lol:

Charlie Goose 08-31-09 07:48 AM

Originally Posted by Giantrobo (Post 9678907)
I LOVE her. I've liked her in pretty much every film she's been in and I think she looks better "Bridgette Jones Plump".

I forgot about that one. Although the fake accent is off-putting, I loved her plump. Certainly more than the stick figure she is now.

arminius 08-31-09 08:00 AM

I like her in most movies and thought she was perfect in Appaloosa. Exactly the sort of woman that would intrigue Harris.

BlueCC 08-31-09 08:58 AM

I will see any movie she's in just because it's her. She was a bit too big in Bridget Jones for me, but still much better than the skinny Renee.

Double_Oh_7 08-31-09 09:35 AM

I've only seen her in Jerry Maguire. She tends to make movies I have no interest in seeing.

toddly6666 08-31-09 10:03 AM

She was cute and nice (up to Jerry McGuire), but now she is annoying and ugly. She messed herself up doing those fat British woman movies. Now she has a big head, scrawny boney shoulder body, and beaty little eyes.

Jam Master Jay 08-31-09 10:09 AM

Always thought she looked like a real life version of Mrs. Potato Head.

tommyp007 08-31-09 10:14 AM

I like her best as Bridget Jones plump, rather than skinny Renee. Pretty good in Down With Love, too.

Numanoid 08-31-09 11:34 AM

I think she's a fine actress, and I always find her believable in her roles, though she tends to make movies I'm not that interested in.

Oh wait...I have to evaluate her on her "hotness", since she's a woman. -rolleyes-

Hokeyboy 08-31-09 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by toddly6666 (Post 9679293)
She was cute and nice (up to Jerry McGuire), but now she is annoying and ugly. She messed herself up doing those fat British woman movies. Now she has a big head, scrawny boney shoulder body, and beaty little eyes.

http://www.nndb.com/people/760/000023691/beatty_1.jpg

Anyway, I like her. GREAT in "Chicago". Done some turdburger movies, but she always seems to standout nicely in them. Wouldn't mind a shot at that pooper.

Ash Ketchum 08-31-09 12:06 PM

I remember liking her in CHICAGO, probably the only thing about that movie I liked, with the final number that Renee and Catherine ZJ do onstage the best thing in it. If more of the movie had been like that...

I liked her a lot in APPALOOSA, playing an ambiguous woman of dubious character but one that Harris' character finds himself drawn to, flaws and all, a not implausible situation in such a remote western town. It was a believable, mature, adult relationship, with the kinds of compromises that so many people settle for in their relationships. I think Zellweger should pursue more character roles like that, rather than leads in ridiculous romantic comedies or JERRY MAGUIRE-style idiocy. ("You had me at hello" is one of the most grating lines I've ever heard in a movie, the very essence of everything that's wrong about Hollywood movies.)

She's also very good in the first movie I saw her in, THE WHOLE WIDE WORLD, where she's a schoolteacher in West Texas who's the only girl Robert E. Howard (author of the Conan the Barbarian stories) can talk to.

rexinnih 08-31-09 02:03 PM

Just OK. Never was overwhelmed by her but I've enjoyed some of her roles.

mcnabb 08-31-09 02:45 PM

I can't stand potato face anymore. She was great in Jerry Maguire, but she is so damn full of herself whenever she does interviews now, she is so annoying.

Supermallet 08-31-09 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by tommyp007 (Post 9679326)
I like her best as Bridget Jones plump, rather than skinny Renee. Pretty good in Down With Love, too.

Forgot about Down With Love. She's too skinny in that, but otherwise, I did enjoy her performance.

bwvanh114 08-31-09 03:07 PM

I think she looks like she had bad plastic surgery done.

Geofferson 08-31-09 03:37 PM

Never really been a fan of her.

http://bp0.blogger.com/_NOXa1CXNsxg/...s400/renee.jpg

toddly6666 08-31-09 04:00 PM

http://www.the-two-malcontents.com/w...r-nomakeup.jpg

mndtrp 08-31-09 08:24 PM

She's alright in most of her roles, but she's not someone I'm drawn to.

covenant 08-31-09 08:30 PM

http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/showbiz...0b29c90f4f.jpg