Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Bad Boys For Life -- Aw hell yes it's happening... (2020, D: El Arbi, Fallah)

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Bad Boys For Life -- Aw hell yes it's happening... (2020, D: El Arbi, Fallah)

Old 08-13-17, 08:08 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

re: Bad Boys For Life -- Aw hell yes it's happening... (2020, D: El Arbi, Fallah)

Bad Boy II wasn't terrible - from what I recall. The one thing hat stands out to me, was the entirely unnecessary Cuba (?) part tacked on at the end. Completely not call for and extends the running time by 20 minutes. Weighed the thing down like an anchor.

I'm definitely in for more. Yes they're getting older, but Smith still looks young. Cruise is running around doing the same an people aren't complaining.
Old 08-13-17, 09:39 AM
DVD Talk Legend

re: Bad Boys For Life -- Aw hell yes it's happening... (2020, D: El Arbi, Fallah)

And Cruise movies for the most part have been bringing in $300mil+ per movie. Smith and especially Lawrence can't say the same thing. I'm down for more, but I'm guessing whenever they get around to making it, and by the time we see it, I think we'll all wish they stopped after the second one.
Old 08-13-17, 10:02 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by E Unit View Post
And Cruise movies for the most part have been bringing in $300mil+ per movie. Smith and especially Lawrence can't say the same thing. I'm down for more, but I'm guessing whenever they get around to making it, and by the time we see it, I think we'll all wish they stopped after the second one.
Cruise does a lot of over the top big budget action movies though, Will Smith shifted into moderately budget crappy melodramas over the last few years. Even After Earth somehow made $245m worldwide.

But yeah since 2007:

I Am Legend - $256m domestic / $585m worldwide
Hancock - $227m domestic / $624m worldwide
Seven Pounds - $69.9m domestic / $168m worldwide
Men in Black 3 - $179m domestic/ $624m worldwide
After Earth - $60m domestic / $243m worldwide
Focus - $53m domestic / $158m worldwide
Concussion - $34.5m domestic / $48m worldwide
Suicide Squad - $325m domestic / $745m worldwide
Collateral Beauty - $31m domestic / $88m worldwide

It's just an all around tough call on Smith.
Old 08-13-17, 10:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Superman07 View Post
Bad Boy II wasn't terrible - from what I recall. The one thing hat stands out to me, was the entirely unnecessary Cuba (?) part tacked on at the end. Completely not call for and extends the running time by 20 minutes. Weighed the thing down like an anchor.
You'd rather it end with Marcus' sister's cover blown and kidnapped and the drug dealer getting away? Seems like a downer of an ending.

Plus, that scene with the SEALS (or whoever they were) offering their help is what hits me right in the feelies when watching a Michael Bay movie. In a way, the MCU movies borrowed from and improved upon those moments. It's on the nose. I can't think of too many movies that take that chance.
Old 08-13-17, 11:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

KKK: White power!

Will Smith: Blue power motherfuckers!

Old 08-13-17, 11:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Superman07 View Post
Bad Boys II needed to be cut by 30 minutes or so but the Cuba stuff at the end was good. It needed to be trimmed earlier, the rats fucking and the majority of the ghoulish cadaver stuff would have been a good place to start.
Old 08-13-17, 11:57 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

I'm puzzled. Why would Sony schedule this movie in the first place with no script and without Smith and Lawrence officially signed on?

And they still kept it on the schedule even with no director after Carnahan dropped out.

Get a script, hire a director and then sign Smith and Lawrence to contracts, then get it a release date booked.
Old 08-14-17, 12:00 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by DJariya View Post
I'm puzzled. Why would Sony schedule this movie in the first place with no script and without Smith and Lawrence officially signed on?

And they still kept it on the schedule even with no director after Carnahan dropped out.

Get a script, hire a director and then sign Smith and Lawrence to contracts, then get it a release date booked.
I'm never puzzled by Sony anymore.
Old 08-14-17, 01:34 AM
DVD Talk Legend

In fairness, it's not a Sony thing, studios now feel they need to lock in a date otherwise some other film will take the slot. Just look at all the "Untitled" Marvel and DC movies, neither company knows exactly what they're going to put there.

BTW, I think the title can be changed since 1. it's not going to come out in 2018, 2. Carnahan isn't directing and 3. it's really questionable if it's really going to happen.
Old 08-14-17, 01:46 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Forecasting.
Old 08-14-17, 10:47 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I said the same thing back in post 128. And here we are almost 9 months later and still nothing happening

My guess is the date will get moved at least two more times, and the movie might as well be about their retirement party from the force.
Old 08-14-17, 11:33 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Will Smith could use a big hit right about now. As it stands his next big movie is the genie from Aladdin.

And Martin Lawrence could use something to remind people who he is other than Shanene.
Old 08-14-17, 11:38 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by DVD Josh View Post
Will Smith could use a big hit right about now.
I know it was hated, but Suicide Squad did make $745M worldwide. Bad Boys 3 won't break $300M WW (and at this point I'd question if it would get to $100M domestically).
Old 08-14-17, 11:42 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by TheMovieman View Post
I know it was hated, but Suicide Squad did make $745M worldwide. Bad Boys 3 won't break $300M WW (and at this point I'd question if it would get to $100M domestically).
But that was an ensemble cast, and you could argue that Margot Robbie was probably the bigger draw, if not Leto.
Old 08-23-17, 08:11 AM

It’s been a long and difficult road for Bad Boys 3 a.k.a. Bad Boys For Life. Over the last few months, the long-gestating third installment in the Martin Lawrence and Will Smith-led franchise has lost its director and release date. Now, 14 years after Bad Boys II, even one of the stars is questioning whether the film ever gets made.

“I don’t think we’re going to get one, not the way everything’s turning out,” Lawrence tells EW. “Will is off doing another movie, and I don’t think it’s going to happen.”

Last year, Smith, who has recently been cast as the Genie in Disney’s live-action Aladdin remake, teased that Bad Boys 3 was “very, very, very close.” He also added of Lawrence, “I love that dude. That’s among the best times I’ve ever had making movies. So I’m looking forward to it.”

As is Lawrence, should it defy his expectations and become a reality. “I’m there, I’m ready right now,” he laughs. “If they wanted to do it, I’m ready, but I don’t have control of that. That’s the studio’s decision.”

A representative for Sony didn’t immediately respond to EW’s request for comment.
http://ew.com/movies/2017/08/22/mart...alflow_twitter
Old 08-23-17, 08:19 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Ha! Good. "Will is off doing another movie, and I'm still here waiting on the set of Bad Boys II, hoping they'll be here soon." You know poor Lawrence is dying to make this happen, but alas...
Old 08-23-17, 08:30 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Just cast Jessie T. Usher to play Smith's son. Worked out last time.
Old 08-23-17, 12:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa

Maybe he can get Lawrence cast as the voice actor for the new Iago to make it up to him.

I'm not sure if that's a terrible idea or a great idea.
Old 08-23-17, 08:35 PM

Great.
Old 08-23-17, 08:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

So much for hype.
Old 01-30-18, 08:29 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

And it's back on the production schedule again.

http://deadline.com/2018/01/bad-boys...es-1202274816/

EXCLUSIVE: Looks like Bad Boys are back in town and the Boys from Belgium will bring them to the screen. Sony Pictures is negotiating with the film making team of Adil El Arbi & Bilall Fallah to direct Bad Boys For Life, the action comedy that will bring Will Smith and Martin Lawrence back together, with an August production start being sighted. Jerry Bruckheimer is back as producer.
Old 01-30-18, 08:40 PM

They directed the pilot for Snowfall really well, but why the fuck can’t this movie get a big name director.
Old 01-30-18, 08:47 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Well, they better hurry the hell up. Smith and Lawrence aren't getting any younger. Smith turns 50 this September and Lawrence turns 53 in April.

If this comes out in 2019, it will be 16 freaking years since the 2nd movie. Will there be any audience for this?
Old 01-30-18, 09:07 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Pfft, black don't crack. Smith looked like a 30something in Bright.
Old 01-30-18, 09:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Will there be any audience for this?
Hell yaw! There's a lot of love to Bad Boys 1 and 2. Though nobody has been able to make a Michael Bay movie except Michael Bay. He just knows how to get that visceral response that makes you feel good. So good luck to the new guys.

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.