Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

District 13 Remake and Taken Sequel on the Way

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-09, 11:16 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 36 Likes on 28 Posts

http://screenrant.com/taken-2-americ...ards-ross-6068

Kind of old news but why a remake for District B13? How would that work?
Fake cgi and wire harnesses on hollywood actors to recreate the parkour scenes? The only way that would work if they used David Belle in the same role.
Old 08-18-09, 11:41 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 622 Likes on 480 Posts
Re: District 13 Remake and Taken Sequel on the Way

A remake is pointless. Just do a third movie, without calling it part 3, and release it in the states.

Now a folloup to Taken... And wasn't it rumoured to be a prequel? That makes far more sense than a sequel.
Old 08-18-09, 11:45 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I think a prequel of Neeson's character in the CIA would be badass..fuck, I'd love to see some of his pals from Taken in it too.
Old 08-18-09, 11:52 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Solid Snake PAC
I think a prequel of Neeson's character in the CIA would be badass..fuck, I'd love to see some of his pals from Taken in it too.
That's exactly what I want to see.
Old 08-18-09, 11:54 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sign me up for another installment of Liam Neeson Assaults and Kills a Bunch of French People.
Old 08-19-09, 01:35 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 165 Likes on 118 Posts

The Taken sequel has to be called Tooken.
Old 08-19-09, 01:38 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sierra Disc
The Taken sequel has to be called Tooken.
Taken 2: Taken Aback
Old 08-19-09, 07:37 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,021 Likes on 812 Posts

Naw -- Taken 2 The Extreme
Old 08-19-09, 07:48 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Taken It to the Streets?
Old 08-19-09, 08:11 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Taken 2: Uncle Rico kickin ass
Old 08-19-09, 08:23 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

2 Taken 2 Furious

or

2aken
Old 08-19-09, 10:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Goat3001
2 Taken 2 Furious

or

2aken
I lol'd.
Old 08-19-09, 11:02 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts

on Taken sequel/prequel.
Old 08-19-09, 11:15 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 381 Likes on 306 Posts

Didn't anybody have a problem with Taken's plot holes? I mean, he shoots an ambassador's wife and the entire French govt is looking for him -- but get's on a plane with no issues at the end. He is captured yet the exact pipe he is handcuffed to is mysteriously broken. He recognizes a frenchy's voice out of a million french people (yes, I know he is specially trained - but really?) and to top it off, his daughter is accosted, drugged, possibly raped, has found out that her best friend is dead and he takes her to get singing lessons???? My first trip would be to a doctor / clinic and a psychologist.

I hated this movie.
Old 08-19-09, 11:26 AM
DVD Talk Hero

The guy wasn't an ambassador. He was a cop. I'm guessing Brian was either very good at covering his tracks (which was shown in the movie as he outwitted the French cops a few times while they were tailing him) or beat the shit offscreen of whatever cops got in his way.

The pipe was a contrivance not a plot hole. Either way, it did bug me.

The daughter was not raped since they were selling her at a very high price due to the fact that she was a virgin. She may have been drugged but I think it was more of a sedative to keep her calm during the auction.

We don't know how long it's been between the plane ride home and his visiting Sheera at her home. It may have been months.
Old 08-19-09, 11:28 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 211 Likes on 178 Posts

Originally Posted by Rob V
Didn't anybody have a problem with Taken's plot holes? I mean, he shoots an ambassador's wife and the entire French govt is looking for him -- but get's on a plane with no issues at the end. He is captured yet the exact pipe he is handcuffed to is mysteriously broken. He recognizes a frenchy's voice out of a million french people (yes, I know he is specially trained - but really?) and to top it off, his daughter is accosted, drugged, possibly raped, has found out that her best friend is dead and he takes her to get singing lessons???? My first trip would be to a doctor / clinic and a psychologist.

I hated this movie.
I didn't... But the pipe was a bit much, lol.
Old 08-19-09, 01:05 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,021 Likes on 812 Posts

Originally Posted by Rob V

I hated this movie.
The movie from a plot prespective was a total dud. The flick was a complete B-movie beginning to end and the only thing that kept it above Straight-to-Video status was Liam Neeson and a director that knew how to keep things going (extremely well).

It was great for what it was, and sometimes that's all that matters (I enjoyed the hell out of it.) So no, the plot holes didn't bother me. It was dumb fun, with a boatload of idiocy mixed in.

And while that end cap was stupid, you make it sound like he took her straight from the airport to the singer's house. There's no accounting for time lapsing in many movies, this is no different.

Last edited by RichC2; 08-19-09 at 01:07 PM.
Old 08-19-09, 01:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Maybe they will go back and find her friends dead body they all forgot about at the end of the movie.
Old 08-19-09, 01:26 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts

How did I miss District 10 through District 12?
Old 08-19-09, 01:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 277 Likes on 212 Posts

Originally Posted by Groucho
How did I miss District 10 through District 12?
And District 1 through 8...
Old 08-19-09, 01:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 277 Likes on 212 Posts

Instead of a remake, combine the two: Liam Neeson has to go into District 13 to find his wayward daughter again and runs up against the two guys there. They fight until they realize they're on the same side and they help him get his daughter.
Old 08-19-09, 01:32 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 176 Likes on 116 Posts

I can't say that I'm interested in a Taken sequel or prequel. At barely 90 minutes, I still felt the first film was overlong for what it was. It felt like a Very Special Episode of Law & Order: Special Victims Unit more than a feature film.

The opening was very paint-by-numbers: "Remember that time we were spies in a foreign place and did spy things?" was the essence of the dialog, entirely for our benefit so we know these guys were once spies. Then the guy happens to take a job working concert security and he's the one guy who gets some action? Oh, that's right: Danger is everywhere, and he's the one who finds it. His daughter and her friend are kidnapped by sex traffickers, but only her friend is violated; his daughter is special enough to be reserved for an auction that won't take place until he's had the chance to reach her. So on and so forth...it was fun to watch, admittedly, but only because of Liam Neeson. Had any number of other actors had the lead role, I can't say I would have cared at all for the film.

What's worse--and I hesitate to blame the film for this--is the reaction it gets from so many fans who insist that's exactly how they'd handle that situation. I hear that from so many middle-aged guys whose only combat expertise is that they've watched professional wrestling for thirty years and I think, "You wouldn't have any of the necessary resources to even know how to begin!" I know we all turn to films for escapist fantasies from time to time and we want to identify with them and be inspired, but this is an outright delusion and it's obnoxious.
Old 08-19-09, 01:43 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts

Originally Posted by MinLShaw
I can't say that I'm interested in a Taken sequel or prequel. At barely 90 minutes, I still felt the first film was overlong for what it was. It felt like a Very Special Episode of Law & Order: Special Victims Unit more than a feature film.

I totally remember all the times Benson and Stabler went all rogue and broke up an international sex slavery ring while kicking ass in the process.
Old 08-19-09, 01:44 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Well, if I had Brian's resources, expertise, and badassness (all three admittedly huge ifs ), I too would kick foreign ass to get my daughter back from sex traffickers.
Old 08-19-09, 01:53 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Deftones

I totally remember all the times Benson and Stabler went all rogue and broke up an international sex slavery ring while kicking ass in the process.
Actually, it was Munch and Fin that went rogue. But those episodes never aired. Too bad since they explain why they've essentially become nothing but talking set dressing these past few seasons.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.