DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Movie Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk-17/)
-   -   The Losers (S. White, 2010) — Vertigo book about betrayed ex-Special Forces team (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk/560016-losers-s-white-2010-%97-vertigo-book-about-betrayed-ex-special-forces-team.html)

Solid Snake 02-11-10 04:10 PM

Re: The Losers (S. White, 2010) — Vertigo book about betrayed ex-Special Forces team

Sounds like WB likes to compete.

RocShemp 02-11-10 05:35 PM

Re: The Losers (S. White, 2010) — Vertigo book about betrayed ex-Special Forces team

All I know is that both this and The A-Team are getting my money.

Solid Snake 02-11-10 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by RocShemp (Post 9994280)
All I know is that both this and The A-Team are getting my money.

Yep.

Giantrobo 03-30-10 06:31 PM

This looks pretty damn good. The cast alone has my ass in a theater seat. :up:

DGibFen 03-30-10 09:20 PM

I'm guessing WB moved the release date back, given that the ads all say April 23rd as the release date.

Boba Fett 04-01-10 03:57 AM

Looks like they went PG-13 with this one.

LorenzoL 04-05-10 08:06 AM

The trailer looked really good for this movie.

Supermallet 04-05-10 02:20 PM

Damn it, I don't want to wait till June! This looks waaaaay better than the A-Team.

Boba Fett 04-05-10 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by Suprmallet (Post 10089311)
Damn it, I don't want to wait till June! This looks waaaaay better than the A-Team.

They changed the release date again, it opens April 23rd.

Supermallet 04-05-10 02:41 PM

Oh, sweet!

harrydoyle 04-05-10 02:51 PM

Seems real similar to the A-Team but I don't have a problem with that at all. I'll see both of them, this looks great and the cast looks like a good one.

The Bus 04-05-10 09:25 PM

Honestly once I saw the trailer I was a bit turned off because it seemed to goofy. Then I re-read the books (for a 4th time) and realized the books are pretty damn goofy.

Too bad they're changing Aisha's back story (or so it appears).

Solid Snake 04-09-10 10:07 PM

Alternate trailer, I like it. I still want to see it. Need to get the comic cuz it seems pretty badass.

<object width="450" height="237"><param name="movie" value="http://www.traileraddict.com/emd/20614"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.traileraddict.com/emd/20614" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" wmode="transparent" width="450" height="237" allowFullScreen="true"></embed></object>

EdTheRipper 04-10-10 06:41 AM

I'm looking forward to seeing this. I'm glad they stuck with the April release date. Once my son's out of school in June, my weekly theater visits on my day off will end.

Matthew Chmiel 04-10-10 12:12 PM

It's PG-13. :thmbsdwn:

foofighters7 04-10-10 01:41 PM

Am I the only one who thinks this looks terrible? I see a great deal of people who are saying they think it looks good, AFTER they seen the trailer!

I understand saying that Before you seen it, but seriously?

It looks like all the other moronic shoot em up movies, like Shoot Em Up, Smokin Aces, etc.

oh well, I was somewhat interested before I seen the trailer. Looks uninspired and generic.

TGM 04-10-10 07:06 PM

I'd watch anything* with Jeffrey Dean Morgan in it. I'm not gay, but I suspect I have a pretty big man-crush on the guy.

*except Grey's Anatomy

Solid Snake 04-10-10 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by foofighters7 (Post 10098213)
Am I the only one who thinks this looks terrible? I see a great deal of people who are saying they think it looks good, AFTER they seen the trailer!

It looks like all the other moronic shoot em up movies, like Shoot Em Up, Smokin Aces, etc.

oh well, I was somewhat interested before I seen the trailer. Looks uninspired and generic.

Well we can't say it looks good till we see something and that something is a trailer..sooooo..yeah. It looks cool. Hopefully its good.

Idioteque... 04-10-10 08:19 PM

Originally Posted by foofighters7 (Post 10098213)

It's over the top action fun. And the comic's gotten really good praise so yeah it does. I didn't expect a drama, I expected silly action fun but maybe you're right it could end up being as awful as Shoot Em Up or Smokin Aces but those movies took themselves a bit too seriously.

Solid Snake 04-10-10 08:26 PM

Shoot Em Up took itself seriously? I dunno about that.

riotinmyskull 04-10-10 08:29 PM

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/K7zbCeyYTys&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/K7zbCeyYTys&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

DEAD SERIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!

PopcornTreeCt 04-10-10 08:47 PM

Originally Posted by TallGuyMe (Post 10098569)
I'd watch anything* with Jeffrey Dean Morgan in it. I'm not gay, but I suspect I have a pretty big man-crush on the guy.

*except Grey's Anatomy

When I first saw the trailer I thought it was Javier Bardem. It looks like fun but the movie is too colorful and too censored at PG-13.

Solid Snake 04-10-10 08:52 PM

Wikipedia:

The film is rated PG-13 by the MPAA for "sequences of intense action and violence, a scene of sensuality and language." This makes it the first movie released by Dark Castle Entertainment (as well as the first Vertigo film adaptation) not to receive an R rating.
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/...ff0a74f88d20bb

So having never read the comic...what kind of rating would a reader of the comic give an adaptation of that story?

Osiris3657 04-10-10 11:35 PM

I don't know about this, it looks too Hollywood. Explosions everywhere, insane over the top action set pieces, one liners galore...Ugh. The PG-13 rating doesn't help either.

Artman 04-11-10 02:08 AM

Originally Posted by Osiris3657 (Post 10098901)
I don't know about this, it looks too Hollywood. Explosions everywhere, insane over the top action set pieces, one liners galore...

Isn't that pretty much what they were going for?