Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

The Fourth Kind Trailer - Alien Abuctions *Goosebumps*

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

The Fourth Kind Trailer - Alien Abuctions *Goosebumps*

Old 11-09-09, 12:29 PM

Received 1,766 Likes on 1,046 Posts
Re: The Fourth Kind Trailer - Alien Abuctions *Goosebumps*

So do you see the aliens in it or not? Aliens creep me out.
Old 11-09-09, 12:31 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by dogmatica
So do you see the aliens in it or not? Aliens creep me out.
Spoiler:
not really, you see shadowy stuff like the evil spirits in Ghost. They also show a UFO at one point but it's just a black circle, nothing like Close Encouters.
Old 11-10-09, 03:37 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Saw the movie tonight in a fairly packed theater. Long story short: I thought the film was a piece of shit and I'm upset my friend's wife dragged us to this and not The Box.

I'm sorry, but the editing of this film was super cheesy. I felt as if I was watching a rejected episode of Unsolved Mysteries or Beyond Belief. I was waiting for Jonathan Frakes or the zombie corpse of Robert Stack just to make an appearance and start narrating the events on screen. It probably would've made the film actually entertaining and watchable. I did not like the various titles thrown across the screen, like the actors' names and who they're portraying, or the cheesy subtitles thrown into the various 911 calls. Ugh. I thought we left the 90s a decade ago.

The entire film just feels like an exercise in, "Hey! Let's fool the audience and mix in fake real footage with filmed footage with real actors! Success!" Give me a fucking break; it would've played better as an archival of found footage (like the highly superior Paranormal Activity) or as a straight-up narrative with the real actors.

I'm still upset we didn't see The Box.
Old 11-10-09, 12:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

^ I pretty much agree with you. If it were more like Fire in the Sky, I would have been ok with how the film played out, but nothing really happened. The "actual" footage was obviously staged; they barely even did much to make it look degraded. And the whole intro from Milla was just bizarre. I didn't buy any of it for a second, especially since the "real" Dr. Tyler was a terrible actress. I was expecting more of a payoff from the owl scenes, but they didn't go where I thought they might. Aside from one creepy scene of a guy sitting straight up in documented footage, nothing really happened.