Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Movies That Made You Laugh For the Wrong Reasons

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Movies That Made You Laugh For the Wrong Reasons

Old 08-10-09, 02:12 PM

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
Re: Movies That Made You Laugh For the Wrong Reasons

Originally Posted by Merkin Muffley
Crash

Not too long into it, I'm thinking, "Maybe it's just me. but...this isn't very good." But then it just keeps getting more silly and more absurd until the scene when they guy "shoots" the other guy's daughter.

That's when I lost it...hilarious. From that point on, I just enjoyed the movie as pure comedy.

and why and how this won Best Picture is simply beyond me.

the line 'I think it's gonna snow' and it snows had me in stitches.
Old 08-10-09, 02:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 239 Likes on 175 Posts

Originally Posted by devilshalo

I ALWAYS laugh at this scene.
YES! Saw this in the theater with a couple of friends. One friend was on the floor laughing his a** off. Of course we were laughing at him and it became a viscious laugh circle.
Old 08-10-09, 09:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 195 Likes on 151 Posts

It's hard to believe they filmed that scene with Brad Pitt to have an impact of high drama.
Old 08-10-09, 10:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 347 Likes on 247 Posts

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ESZncMZJzcE&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ESZncMZJzcE&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I laughed...and many did too.
Old 08-10-09, 11:08 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 182 Likes on 120 Posts

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/XmxSbCYG3pI&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/XmxSbCYG3pI&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
Old 08-10-09, 11:21 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm covering on my podcast on tues but the opening of the stuff is funny as hell.
Old 08-10-09, 11:25 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Merkin Muffley
Crash

Not too long into it, I'm thinking, "Maybe it's just me. but...this isn't very good." But then it just keeps getting more silly and more absurd until the scene when they guy "shoots" the other guy's daughter.

That's when I lost it...hilarious. From that point on, I just enjoyed the movie as pure comedy.
I'm stealing a line from Ebert when I say, "I hated, hated, HATED this movie"

We share the same views. Everything just got so silly, up to a point where I was either laughing or shaking my head at the screen. The shooting scene payoff pretty much makes me yell "Oh, FUCK YOU!" every time.

The Happening, with our heroes outrunning the wind was pretty funny, as was Day After Tomorrow, with our heroes outrunning...umm...a freezing wind chill?

Oh yea, who can forget our lovable Transformers sneaking around outside the boy's house in part 1 without no one hearing or seeing them?
Old 08-11-09, 03:48 AM

Location: ____St. Louis___ a.k.a. 'Roid Rage in fantasy sports
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Joey Lawrence in the movie Rest Stop "You missed!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBaeM2HwbcU

Last edited by brkhrt7; 08-11-09 at 04:07 AM. Reason: link added
Old 08-11-09, 08:02 AM

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/XgLICoFgb2s&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/XgLICoFgb2s&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Pieces
Old 08-11-09, 08:03 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Gran Torino, oh man. Every time that Eastwood shows up and the military drums start playing, would just crack me up. The bad acting didn't help (not Eastwood, he was awesome). And then when Eastwood starts singing that Gran Torino song at the end...I was dying!
Old 08-11-09, 09:13 AM

Originally Posted by Anubis2005X
Gran Torino, oh man. Every time that Eastwood shows up and the military drums start playing, would just crack me up. The bad acting didn't help (not Eastwood, he was awesome). And then when Eastwood starts singing that Gran Torino song at the end...I was dying!
good call.

except i was laughing even when when eastwood was speaking his lines.
Old 08-11-09, 09:29 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 598 Likes on 462 Posts

Was it really Eastwood singing that song at the end of Gran Torino? The first time I saw the movie I thought it was him but the end credits list two singers for that song and neither of them is Eastwood.
Old 08-11-09, 09:39 AM

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by JediMindTricks
good call.

except i was laughing even when when eastwood was speaking his lines.

but I think that was part of the charm of the film - it felt and sounded like a B-movie.
Old 08-11-09, 11:38 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I remember the opening credits of the Matthew Broderick Godzilla remake... the score is SO over the top and bombastic that I just started laughing my ass off in the theater.
Old 08-11-09, 11:40 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Anything in this entire playlist.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/p/588FCEDC3BECEF48&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/p/588FCEDC3BECEF48&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="480" height="385" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>
Old 08-11-09, 11:42 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

I actually laughed out loud during Schindler's List.

Speilberg, for all his good intentions, still makes some obvious, pandering, dramatic choices and that stuff always makes me giggle. Plus, I kept thinking, "Dont laugh out loud, dont laugh out loud, dont laugh..." so naturally I did. The crowd was none too pleased with me.
Old 08-11-09, 11:48 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Slumbering Fist
I actually laughed out loud during Schindler's List.

Speilberg, for all his good intentions, still makes some obvious, pandering, dramatic choices and that stuff always makes me giggle. Plus, I kept thinking, "Dont laugh out loud, dont laugh out loud, dont laugh..." so naturally I did. The crowd was none too pleased with me.
Newman probably saw you doing it too.
Old 08-11-09, 01:04 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Originally Posted by chuckd21
Newman probably saw you doing it too.
Paul Newman? Huh?
Old 08-11-09, 01:15 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Acutally... for me it was "Halloween". Saw it for the first time maybe four years ago, and between Michael standing up from behind a car with some farting noise going on and something I remember about a knitting needle and couch- it just made me laugh. Wasn't at all scary.
Old 08-11-09, 01:16 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 180 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by Slumbering Fist
Paul Newman? Huh?
Not a Seinfeld fan I take it:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1jULC78i6sM&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1jULC78i6sM&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
Old 08-11-09, 01:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Rambo. The scene where the guy just take the baby from someone and tosses it into a fire so casually. Our whole group was cracking up.
Old 08-11-09, 03:35 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The movie Palindromes by Todd Solondz.

When the girl enters Mama Sunshine's home full of freak-like children, and that mentally challenged kid turns around and introduces himself and says:

"AND MY NAME IS SKIPPY! LIKE THA PEANUT BUTTAH!"

That, and when all the freak-children do that choreographed Jesus sing/dance number had me rolling, but it felt so incredibly wrong.

Definitely one of the most fucked up moments in indie film history.
Old 08-11-09, 03:52 PM
Banned

^Palidromes is the one that gets me too but I think the laughs are just intentional albeit extremely dark.

The retards, the fat black woman the way the fat guy runs after shooting those people.. I love when she talks about her parents dying on 9/11 and when she faints and screams when she sees the aborted fetus in the baggy. I lose it during all those scenes and more in that one.
Old 08-11-09, 04:08 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^LOL thanks - I now have someone to relate to. Now I'm not as demonic and cruel as I had thought.
Old 08-11-09, 06:23 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Highlander 2. My friends and I were literally laughing through the entire film, it was so laughably bad.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.