Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Poltergeist II & Nightmare 4 Teaser Trailers?

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-09, 01:25 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 87 Likes on 55 Posts

I've been searching for these for years but never was able to find them.

Maybe one of you all have come across them online somewhere. I check YouTube from time to time but all I ever see are the standard trailers for each movie.

For those who are wondering what they are...

Poltergeist II
Starts with a slow zoom into a dark room with the phone ringing, finally a hand picks up the phone and the camera pans to Carol Anne answering saying "They'rre Baack." Then the camera zooms back super fast accompanied by a creepy sound effect and then we see flashes of what I remember as Poltergeist I (I could be wrong, they might be P2 scenes), then the title comes up.

A Nightmare On Elm Street 4: The Dream Master
I don't remember too many visuals from the beginning, but the voice over said something like "Every nightmare deserves another." Then there were two slashes dividing the screen into 3 vertical sections with scenes from Nightmare 1-3 playing in each section.
Old 07-13-09, 11:04 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Poltergeist II & Nightmare 4 Teaser Trailers?

Don't know where they'd be, but that's cool they exist. Always on the lookout for long-lost old-school trailers.

One that I was diligently trying to track down forever was a teaser for Big Top Pee-wee that appeared on the old VHS for Beverly Hills Cop II:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/MBhnFD9wNPY&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/MBhnFD9wNPY&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Also heard there was a teaser for Beverly Hills Cop II not on any DVD release.
Old 07-13-09, 11:19 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Poltergeist II & Nightmare 4 Teaser Trailers?

The lost teaser I really want to see is for Happy Birthday to Me, showing a cake and then an axe smashing through it. I remember reading somewhere it was very scary and effective.