DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Movie Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk-17/)
-   -   Sheep, James (Bond) (Reverse) Sheep (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk/557619-sheep-james-bond-reverse-sheep.html)

the big train 07-02-09 09:27 PM

Sheep, James (Bond) (Reverse) Sheep

The James Bond question in Movie Sheep 2 got me thinking about a James Bond Sheep game. I figured that the amount of content, along with the number of changes the series has experienced throughout its run, make it a good candidate for its own game. If you haven't seen your fare share of James Bond movies, this game is probably not for you.

Rules
  • The goal of the game is to out think everybody else by giving what you believe will be the most popular answer to a question (<FONT style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #F9DF00">Sheep</font>); and by giving a unique correct answer to a <FONT style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #A3D867">Reverse Sheep</font> question.
  • Example <FONT style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #F9DF00">Sheep</font> question: "Name a Bond film that was released in the 1960s." A good answer might be Goldfinger. A bad answer might be On Her Majesty's Secret Service. Obvious is good in Sheep.
  • Example <FONT style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #A3D867">Reverse Sheep</font> question: "Name an actor who portrayed James Bond." A bad Reverse Sheep answer might be Sean Connery. A good answer might be George Lazenby. The trick with a Reverse Sheep answer is that the other contestants might be thinking the same thing. Obscure may or may not be good in Reverse Sheep.
  • Sheep questions are marked by an <FONT style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #F9DF00">S:</font>, Reverse Sheep questions are marked by an <FONT style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #A3D867">R:</font>
  • Use of search engines and sites like Wikipedia is considered cheating and will result in relentless mocking.
  • Sheep scores are counted as negative numbers. Reverse sheep scores are counted as positive numbers. The lowest score wins.
  • Certain rounds are considered Lightning Rounds (designated by a multiplier, such as ×2). In these rounds, scores are adjusted by the number on the multiplier. A wrong answer still gets a +4 penalty in a x2 round and a +6 penalty in a x3 round. In a sheep round, a wrong answer scores normally.
  • The answers to each question are tallied. Wrong answers in Reverse Sheep are scored two points above the most common answer. This penalty is multiplied by the Lightning Round Multiplier. Wrong answers in Sheep are not penalized.
  • Please send answers to me via PM only. Place only one answer per line, without numbers or the question itself. Those who do not do this will be penalized 15 points right off the bat.
  • Here's my Excel file. You can fill out the answers, select the column with the answers, then copy-paste them in the PM to me. Just a list of the answers, no numbers or corresponding questions.
  • Qualifying films: Every question assumes an answer from the 22 "official" Eon Productions James Bond films that have been released in theaters. We're not going to turn this into a history lesson on two "rogue" films and a TV production.

Questions

1. <FONT style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #F9DF00">S:</font> Name a Villain
2. <FONT style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #F9DF00">S:</font> Name a Producer of at least one James Bond film
3. <FONT style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #F9DF00">S:</font> Name the best James Bond film
4. <FONT style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #F9DF00">S:</font> Name a "Bond Girl" who either is good or ultimately sides with good
5. <FONT style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #A3D867">R:</font> Name a SPECTRE Agent ("Number ___" will not count)
6. <FONT style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #F9DF00">S:</font> x2 Name a Director of a James Bond movie
7. <FONT style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #F9DF00">S:</font> Name a James Bond film in which it is suggested that the villain is bent on world domination rather than material gain or revenge
8. <FONT style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #A3D867">R:</font> x2 Name a special feature of the original Aston Martin DB5 issued by Q Branch
9. <FONT style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #F9DF00">S:</font> Name the worst James Bond film
10. <FONT style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #A3D867">R:</font> Name an actress who has had at least one line of dialogue in multiple films
11. <FONT style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #A3D867">R:</font> Name an actor who played Number One of SPECTRE with his face visible
12. <FONT style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #F9DF00">S:</font> Name a "Bond Girl" who sides with evil
13. <FONT style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #A3D867">R:</font> Name an actor or actress who has portrayed different characters with speaking roles in multiple films
14. <FONT style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #A3D867">R:</font> Name a movie that does not take its name from an Ian Fleming-authored story title
15. <FONT style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #A3D867">R:</font> Name a film in which the villain stole nuclear weaponry to use in the ultimate evil plot
16. <FONT style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #A3D867">R:</font> Name a composer of at least one James Bond film score
17. <FONT style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #F9DF00">S:</font> Name a henchman
18. <FONT style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #A3D867">R:</font> Name a supposed ally, attached to Bond in a professional capacity, who intentionally betrays him in some way
19. <FONT style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #A3D867">R:</font> Name one of the four "specialities" of SPECTRE (the C, T, R, and E in SPECTRE)
20. <FONT style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #F9DF00">S:</font> Name one of Bond's vices
21. <FONT style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #A3D867">R:</font> x3 Name a Bond film that received an Academy Award nomination
22. <FONT style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #A3D867">R:</font> Name a film in which Bond steps foot on U.S. soil
23. <FONT style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #F9DF00">S:</font> x2 Name a band or singer who performed a title song
24. <FONT style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #A3D867">R:</font> x4 Name a movie in which the famous silver Aston Martin DB5 makes an appearance
25. <FONT style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #A3D867">R:</font> x007 Name an actor who has portrayed Felix Leiter

I don't know how popular this will be. Sheep games in general are popular right now, so why not run them into the ground! I want at least 15 players. I will take up to 60. I'll give fair warning of any deadline. The results will be posted at some point not long after all of the currently running sheep games finish.

I'll post a more definite time for the results when I have a good idea of what the exact date may be.

I'm not including the unique answer bonuses for reverse sheep questions. Since this is such a specialized topic, I think doing so would create too much of an unfair advantage for those with more than passing knowledge of this stuff.

kenbuzz 07-02-09 11:09 PM

Re: Sheep, James (Bond) (Reverse) Sheep

Excel file = file not found. :(

BTW - I'm in as soon as I send you my picks.

Boba Fett 07-03-09 01:21 AM

I'm in as soon as a good link is up.

gmanca 07-03-09 02:00 AM

I'm ready to send a PM but I think Q18 only has one answer; perhaps if you said Government Agent?

the big train 07-03-09 03:52 AM

There are many answers to #18, but I think I'll allow it. Anyone who already submitted an answer may amend their answer for question #18.

I'll re-upload the excel file.

Groucho 07-03-09 11:20 AM

Submitted my entry.

kenbuzz 07-03-09 11:41 AM

My #18 is unchanged, the wording didn't fundamentally change the 'rightness' of my answer.

Star Trek.

JasonF 07-03-09 07:48 PM

I'm in. I don't have an encyclopedic knowledge of Bond, but I was able to come up with an answer for all of the questions.

Tarantino 07-03-09 08:31 PM

I submitted answers, but I'm sure I'll do horribly. There was one question that I couldn't come up with an answer for.

= J

gmanca 07-03-09 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by Rockmjd23 (Post 9543698)
Limited choices for #15, unless I'm forgetting things.

Not counting the two recent Bond's(Haven't seen em), there are some answers that conform to the question, and a few that are plausible.

Merkin Muffley 07-03-09 09:49 PM

I'm in. This should be fun.

the big train 07-04-09 01:38 AM

Originally Posted by Rockmjd23 (Post 9543698)
Limited choices for #15, unless I'm forgetting things.

I'm sure there will be much uproar over that one.

kenbuzz 07-06-09 09:07 AM

So, can we get ON with the uproar? I'm impatient to start.

jjcool 07-06-09 11:01 AM

Answers sent in.

The Bus 07-06-09 02:00 PM

I'm in!

MR Round 07-06-09 02:18 PM

Im in sounds like fun

the big train 07-06-09 02:21 PM

Unless this game gets really popular, I'm going to leave entry open pretty much until the day before I present the results. Like I wrote in the first post, I'm going to post the results after the Music and Sports games finish.

davidh777 07-06-09 02:22 PM

Dang, wish I had time...

Spiderbite 07-06-09 07:34 PM

Sent.

Spoiler:
Though NSNA should be included in this. :(

Red Dog 07-07-09 09:50 AM

In.

the big train 07-07-09 12:46 PM

I'm planning now to start tomorrow between 1:00 pm and 2:00 pm EDT.

So please send your entries in tonight, or early tomorrow.

jjcool 07-07-09 03:45 PM

Cannot wait!

The Bus 07-07-09 04:40 PM

I'll say this right now. I will consider this a personal victory if I end up in the top 90%.

The Bus 07-07-09 04:41 PM

For example, I had no remembrance of who Felix Leiter was. :lol:

Boba Fett 07-08-09 01:10 AM

Originally Posted by The Bus (Post 9551069)
For example, I had no remembrance of who Felix Leiter was. :lol:

Couldn't find a thematically suitable one, so I went with a classic:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...BarkerFail.jpg