DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Movie Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk-17/)
-   -   GROWN UPS('10)w/Sandler,Spade,Rock,Schneider,Hayek,Rudolph & (WTF?) P.T. Anderson! (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk/557380-grown-ups-10-w-sandler-spade-rock-schneider-hayek-rudolph-wtf-p-t-anderson.html)

chris_sc77 06-28-09 07:08 PM

GROWN UPS('10)w/Sandler,Spade,Rock,Schneider,Hayek,Rudolph & (WTF?) P.T. Anderson!

PLot: "Thirty years after their high school graduation, five good friends reunite for a Fourth of July holiday weekend"

Director: Dennis Dugan (You Don't Mess with the Zohan, I Now Pronounce You Chuck & Larry, The Benchwarmers)

Cast: Adam Sandler, Maya Rudolph, Salma Hayek, Kevin James, Rob Schneider, Maria Bello, David Spade, Chris Rock, P.T. Anderson (?), Gary Busey, Norm MacDonald, Colin Quinn

IMage gallery:
http://www.comingsoon.net/imageGallery/Grown_Ups_Set

I have to say I am mostly interested in the cast. Comingsoon.net list P.T. Anderson as an actor in this one. I hope thats the case cause that could be interesting. Makes sense since he of course directed Sandler in Punch-Drunk Love and is in a relationship with Maya Rudolph.
Other than that I hope this is good. Its a reunion of the best of the best of the SNL-ers (at least the best SNl cast since the late 70's that is.) Oh and the supremely unfunny Kevin James is along for the ride as well.

My Other Self 06-28-09 07:20 PM

Re: GROWN UPS('10)w/Sandler,Spade,Rock,Schneider,Hayek,Rudolph & (WTF?) P.T. Anderson

I like the cast, but Dugan is meh. I'll probably end up seeing this for the 90s SNL factor.

AnonomusBob15 06-28-09 08:02 PM

Re: GROWN UPS('10)w/Sandler,Spade,Rock,Schneider,Hayek,Rudolph & (WTF?) P.T. Anderson

I thought Paul Thomas Anderson was directing. damn.

I will check this out if it's more than a cameo. Otherwise I will wait for DVD like all Sandler films.

Drexl 06-28-09 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by AnonomusBob15 (Post 9531524)
I thought Paul Thomas Anderson was directing. damn.

I will check this out if it's more than a cameo. Otherwise I will wait for DVD like all Sandler films.

I'd rather he spend the time directing something else. Punch Drunk Love wasn't bad, but I don't think I could take him directing the likes of Rob Schneider and Kevin James. :)

Brent L 06-28-09 08:35 PM

Oh if only Chris Farley could be a part of this.

SpinalGuffman 06-28-09 08:48 PM

"Thirty Years after their high school graduation"? So most of the cast are playing almost 50?

Weird. Still, Norm MacDonald = my ticket $.

Disneyboy 06-28-09 09:37 PM

Originally Posted by SpinalGuffman (Post 9531575)
"Thirty Years after their high school graduation"? So most of the cast are playing almost 50?

Weird. Still, Norm MacDonald = my ticket $.

When I first heard about this movie, I heard it was 20 years after, not 30 years after.

Troy Stiffler 06-28-09 10:04 PM

Originally Posted by Brent L (Post 9531563)

I'll get the lantern, shovel and paper bags.

Lets go!

Zen Peckinpah 06-28-09 11:55 PM

Originally Posted by Brent L (Post 9531563)

If he was, we wouldn't be seeing Kevin James in the cast. They should work Dana Carvey in there too.

Seriously though, I'll see this for the whole 90's SNL reunion. And this Busey news might turn this into a must-see for me, love the Buse.

LorenzoL 11-14-09 07:02 AM

The trailer doesn't look that promising...

http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1810125267/video/16609998

PopcornTreeCt 11-14-09 05:25 PM

You lost me at Adam Sandler is married to Salma Hayek

Arthur Dent 11-14-09 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by LorenzoL (Post 9835092)
The trailer doesn't look that promising...

http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1810125267/video/16609998

Wow. Looks worse than I had imagined...somehow.

Drexl 11-14-09 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by PopcornTreeCt (Post 9835794)
You lost me at Adam Sandler is married to Salma Hayek

Well, after him being with Kate Beckinsale in Click, it doesn't seem so outrageous.

islandclaws 11-14-09 06:02 PM

Rob Schneider must be excited to be in a theatrical film people will probably go see.

Joe Six Pack will eat this up. I think it looks incredibly hackneyed, cliche and laaaaammmmeeee.

NiCK Crush 01-30-10 05:20 PM

On this "This Is It' Blu-ray, the trailer for this says "Coming Soon to Blu-ray and DVD".

sauce07 01-31-10 02:19 AM

Originally Posted by NiCK Crush (Post 9972768)
On this "This Is It' Blu-ray, the trailer for this says "Coming Soon to Blu-ray and DVD".

I 100% guarantee that no matter horrible this film could possibly be, it is going to theaters.

JumpCutz 01-31-10 02:51 AM

:eek: That was just plain dreadful. Everyone looks bloated, bored & tired. -eek-

Zen Peckinpah 01-31-10 09:21 AM

I think we should all acknowledge the fact that Kevin James wouldn't be a mile from this shit if Chris Farley was still alive.

Still, as not good as it looks I'll see it just for the fact that it's an at least partial reunion of the 90's SNL cast, plus the presence of Norm Macdonald and the fact that Gary Busey is going to at least have a cameo.

Troy Stiffler 01-31-10 10:47 AM

Looks alright. Looks tame for a Dugan/Sandler & Co movie. I like it when they are offensive, but sweet about it. I was shocked by how great "Don't Mess With the Zohan" was.

And where is PT Anderson?

NiCK Crush 01-31-10 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by sauce07 (Post 9973363)
I 100% guarantee that no matter horrible this film could possibly be, it is going to theaters.

I mean, I think so too, but why would they advertise it as coming soon to Blu-ray and DVD?

MrSmearkase 01-31-10 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by troystiffler (Post 9973589)
I was shocked by how great "Don't Mess With the Zohan" was.

:hscratch:

Dr Mabuse 01-31-10 04:37 PM

Lactating chicks.

:drool:

auto 01-31-10 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by NiCK Crush (Post 9973825)
I mean, I think so too, but why would they advertise it as coming soon to Blu-ray and DVD?

Maybe they thought the MJ film wouldn't be released until later in the year when they cut that deal. :shrug:

The Infidel 05-15-10 11:51 PM

Just saw a preview/trailer/commercial (whatever you want to call it) for this during SNL. Looks like it might be fun.

Hokeyboy 05-15-10 11:53 PM

Please saw my legs off.