Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

My New Short Film - STAR WARS - EZ-CHEWIE (and I hope some of you will post yours)

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

My New Short Film - STAR WARS - EZ-CHEWIE (and I hope some of you will post yours)

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-09, 12:14 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey gang. I made this for the Atom Star Wars Fan Film Challenge, and would love some feedback. if your a fan of the trilogy then I think you'll get it. Feel free to repost it anywhere you see fit.

EZ-CHEWIE - A STAR WARS FAN FILM<embed src='http://media.mtvnservices.com/mgid:hcx:content:atom.com:2d3c8563-f046-4cac-aacf-dfaf96691dc3' type='application/x-shockwave-flash' wmode='window' width='425' height='354' allowFullscreen='true' flashvars='autoPlay=false'></embed>
Old 05-23-09, 01:00 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 904 Likes on 765 Posts
Re: My New Short Film - STAR WARS - EZ-CHEWIE (and I hope some of you will post yours

it was ok. i'm not sure if you want truly hoenst feedback or what.
Old 05-23-09, 05:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,403 Likes on 1,028 Posts
Re: My New Short Film - STAR WARS - EZ-CHEWIE (and I hope some of you will post yours

Ok, it was pretty pedestrian till the twist which was pretty good actually. I'd try to trim it down in length so it's closer to commercial length and tighten up the pacing (you know, "faster, more intense"), and you might have something along the lines of the goofy Orbitz gum commercials.
Old 05-23-09, 05:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 289 Likes on 210 Posts

Was hoping your film was starring this Chewie:

Old 05-23-09, 06:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

i wish my film was starring that chewie as well.
Old 05-24-09, 02:05 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Not bad. I got a chuckle out of it.
Old 05-24-09, 09:21 AM

Received 1,899 Likes on 1,121 Posts

To be honest:

Pros: Writing and Concept
I like the referential lines and the conversational dialogue. All of the writing really works. Oh, and I really dig how the product refers to Leia's line in Empire.

Cons: Pacing, Camera Work, Mise-en-Scene, and Acting
The thing moves way too slow. You don't need the Howard the Duck and Please Stand By logo, and the overall pace moves at a crawl. The camera dips down to follow the tooth brusher after he moves over and over and it's not at a good angle to see his face. All of the Star Wars gear is actually more distracting than anything. And the acting is... I'm sorry. The young woman is great, though.

My honest two cents. Great writing and good luck.

Last edited by story; 05-24-09 at 09:24 AM.
Old 05-26-09, 08:15 AM
DVD Talk Legend

thanks for the words everyone. I'll let you know if this goes anywhere.
Old 05-26-09, 08:59 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 911 Likes on 646 Posts

Originally Posted by dogmatica
To be honest:

Pros: Writing and Concept
I like the referential lines and the conversational dialogue. All of the writing really works. Oh, and I really dig how the product refers to Leia's line in Empire.

Cons: Pacing, Camera Work, Mise-en-Scene, and Acting
The thing moves way too slow. You don't need the Howard the Duck and Please Stand By logo, and the overall pace moves at a crawl. The camera dips down to follow the tooth brusher after he moves over and over and it's not at a good angle to see his face. All of the Star Wars gear is actually more distracting than anything. And the acting is... I'm sorry. The young woman is great, though.

My honest two cents. Great writing and good luck.
I concur with this assessment. Great concept, average execution. Good luck though.
Old 06-27-09, 11:45 AM
DVD Talk Legend

again thanks for the constructive criticism. Its over on youtube now, if you want to share anything in the comments over there. come be pals.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/JAGTLas8G0k&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/JAGTLas8G0k&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
Old 06-27-09, 11:16 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Camera work and editing were better than I thought it would be. But the content was fair to poor. I didn't think it was funny, neither did a friend of mine who was watching it with me. It does go on a bit too long.