DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Movie Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk-17/)
-   -   I'm proud to present...the trailer for Asylum's "Mega Shark vs. Giant Octopus"! (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk/554864-im-proud-present-trailer-asylums-mega-shark-vs-giant-octopus.html)

BJacks 05-11-09 02:02 PM

I'm proud to present...the trailer for Asylum's "Mega Shark vs. Giant Octopus"!

The moment you've all been waiting for is finally here: I managed to secure the worldwide trailer premiere for Asylum's "Mega Shark vs. Giant Octopus," starring Lorenzo Lamas and Deborah Gibson.

- Shark taking a bite out of the Golden Gate Bridge? Check
- A woman looking solemnly into the sunset? Check
- Shots of giant octopuses and mega sharks fighting? Check
- Tons of other surprises that I don't want to ruin? Check

<embed src="http://media.mtvnservices.com/mgid:uma:video:mtv.com:380369" width="512" height="319" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" flashVars="configParams=vid%3D380369%26uri%3Dmgid%3Auma%3Avideo%3Amtv.com%3A380369%26startUri={start Uri}" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" base="."></embed><div style="margin:0;text-align:center;width:500px;font-family:Arial,sans-serif;font-size:12px;"><a href="http://www.mtv.com/movies/trailer_park/" style="color:#439CD8;" target="_blank">Movie Trailers</a> - <a href="http://moviesblog.mtv.com/" style="color:#439CD8;" target="_blank">Movies Blog</a></div>

chris_sc77 05-11-09 02:11 PM

Re: I'm proud to present...the trailer for Asylum's "Mega Shark vs. Giant Octopus"!

Wow what a piece of shit. This doesnt even look " so bad its good" it just looks sad.

BJacks 05-11-09 02:15 PM

Re: I'm proud to present...the trailer for Asylum's "Mega Shark vs. Giant Octopus"!

Really? I think it looks awesome, in the same vein as "Boa vs. Python."

"IT RISES!"

The Bus 05-11-09 02:26 PM

The final shot :lol:

devilshalo 05-11-09 02:48 PM

Only if Deborah gets naked....

rexinnih 05-11-09 03:01 PM

Wow, that looks really, really bad. That's about the only reaction I can muster at this point.....

Ash Ketchum 05-11-09 03:05 PM

Poor Debbie Gibson (which is how I'll always remember her). How the teen pop stars of 20 years ago have fallen. At least my teen pop idol of yesteryear (a bit MORE than 20 years ago), Annette Funicello, never had to make movies like this. (And don't start trashing the BEACH PARTY movies--they were works of cinematic genius compared to dreck like this. Not that HOW TO STUFF A WILD BIKINI couldn't have used a giant octopus.)

Kicker_of_Elves 05-11-09 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by The Bus (Post 9437593)
The final shot :lol:

X2 Holy crap that was awesome :lol:

EdTheRipper 05-11-09 03:57 PM

I'd see it :lol:

Moopher 05-11-09 03:58 PM

"I look like Lorenzo Lamas and women find it irresistible."

Luther Heggs 05-11-09 04:40 PM

For this Lamas passed on The Chronicles of Meap: Meapless in Seattle?

Solid Snake 05-11-09 11:55 PM

....wtf was this?

Boba Fett 05-12-09 12:14 AM

That was awesome.

Matthew Chmiel 05-12-09 12:42 AM

Any movie in which a shark taking out an airplane is cinematic fucking gold.

Larry C. 05-12-09 12:53 AM

Please tell this is like a scifi channel movie and not something going to theaters pls pls pls

Apone 05-12-09 01:27 AM

This summer... Water has never been more dangerous.

Goddamn it! We're going to need a bigger plane.

I think I got what it takes to promote this movie.

UAIOE 05-12-09 04:37 AM

Originally Posted by Matthew Chmiel (Post 9438522)
Any movie in which a shark taking out an airplane is cinematic fucking gold.

Yes.

E. Honda 05-12-09 07:41 AM

Enough is enough. I have had it with these muthafuggin sharks eating these muthafuggin planes!

SkipKassidy 05-12-09 08:46 AM

We're going to need a bigger plane.

BJacks 05-12-09 09:44 AM

Originally Posted by Larry C. (Post 9438530)
Please tell this is like a scifi channel movie and not something going to theaters pls pls pls

This is going direct to dvd but I may rent out a theater myself just to see it on the big screen.

Charlie Goose 05-12-09 09:55 AM

It does look like a Sci-Fi network original shitfest.

Lorenzo Lamas as star is an ironclad guarantee that it fucking sucks.

RichC2 05-12-09 11:31 AM

rotfl

chuckd21 05-12-09 11:33 AM

I can't believe I had to watch a commercial before watching a commercial.

FantasticVSDoom 05-12-09 11:40 AM

Love it!

DRG 05-12-09 11:50 AM

Shark your love
I just can't shark your love
Shark your love
I just can't shark
Your love