Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

After School Special? Name that movie - obscure...

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-09, 10:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This might be a stretch for finding a title, but I've never been let down here, maybe it'll ring a bell with someone...

It was very After School Special-ish and was about drug use in high school students. It seems like everyone in the high school was stoned at all times. There are two scenes I remember very clearly. One scene where a girl and boy were driving in a car stoned out of their minds and they drive off of a cliff. Instead of screaming their heads off in fear they actually start yelling "WEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!". The girl ends up dying and the boy is all traumatized by her death. The other scene is the closing of the movie. This one teacher who is all gung ho about ridding the school of drugs goes through every locker in the school while the students are at a pep rally, comes into the auditorium with tons of drugs and bongs on a cart, and proceeds to burn them in front of the students while pissing and moaning about the drug problem in the school. The students start coming forward and throwing their drugs on the burning cart and she is the hero.

I think I was actually shown this film in health class in '90. It was so comically bad - I just remember laughing my head off when they yelled "WEEEEEE!!" Does this sound familiar to anyone?
Old 06-05-09, 09:22 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: After School Special? Name that movie - obscure...

I'd love to see this if you ever find out the name of it.
Old 06-05-09, 09:35 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It's not the one with Scott Baio is it? Stoned?

I remember that one.

Old 06-06-09, 03:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

This sounds like it could be it. Desperate Lives: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0083822/

This was Diana's first movie after Mommie Dearest, and it was fairly brave, at the time, for a TV movie. Yes, it's a bit of a mess, but it certainly deals with a messy subject -- one that can be dealt with any number of ways. When the students at an assembly, and Diana Scarwid goes around to their lockers with a shopping cart, it is an absolute scream. When she finally confronts the students, she is foaming with righteous anger and chews up the scenery like no other actress before her. When they burn all the contraband and the students begin to add their own stashes to the bonfire, Scarwid is victorious. GREAT performance in a campy movie...
Old 06-06-09, 04:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is this the movie where Helen Hunt is high off crystal meth and jumps through a window?

Or am I confusing another A-list actress in an after school special where they're high on crystal meth and jump through a window? That's like every other one, right?