DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Movie Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk-17/)
-   -   District 9 (Blomkamp, 2009) Ex-Halo director fleshes out "Alive in Joburg" (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk/554319-district-9-blomkamp-2009-%97-ex-halo-director-fleshes-out-alive-joburg.html)

LickTheABCs 01-25-10 06:44 PM

Re: District 9 (Blomkamp, 2009) Ex-Halo director fleshes out "Alive in Joburg"

Sharlto Copley has uploaded close to 200 behind the scenes photos to his facebook. Just a quick heads up.

Solid Snake 01-25-10 07:57 PM

Damn...a lot of cool stuff.

PopcornTreeCt 01-25-10 08:13 PM

Watched this the other night and thought it was okay. It was pretty good but it was too hyped for me. The documentary style + special effects kinda got boring for me. I also found scenes and plot points a bit cliche in parts, which was disappointing as the story itself was pretty original.

harrydoyle 01-26-10 11:56 AM

Lick, thanks for that. Awesome man! I'm going to swing over and check all those out on my lunch break.

RocShemp 01-26-10 02:03 PM

I didn't really care for it. I was too dull for me to ignore how contrived and predictable it all was. At least came with a demo for GoWIII. :shrug:

kaycee 09-14-10 01:57 PM

Man, this one took a while to get going, but it was so worth it when it finally did. A very deliberately paced build up, with a great pay off. And a lot of original ideas, in my opinion. Nothing I really feel the need to own, but I'm really glad I saw it. Nice to see a sci-fi movie outside the realms of your typical Washington DC stuff.

covenant 09-14-10 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by kaycee (Post 10370679)
Nice to see a sci-fi movie outside the realms of your typical Washington DC stuff.

:confused:

clappj 09-14-10 02:49 PM

Nice to see a sci-fi movie outside the realms of your typical Washington DC stuff.

Are you sure you're not confusing District 9 with John Sayles' Brother from Another Planet?

Yavin 09-14-10 03:07 PM

Maybe he's just been watching too much Independence Day.

BJacks 09-14-10 03:36 PM

Kaycee has been bumping months old threads for the past week or so (six old South Park threads just today in TV Talk). The cynic in me thinks it's to build up a quick post count so he can begin spamming for something.

MrSmearkase 09-14-10 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by BJacks (Post 10370934)
Kaycee has been bumping months old threads for the past week or so (six old South Park threads just today in TV Talk). The cynic in me thinks it's to build up a quick post count so he can begin spamming for something.

He (or she) is past the 30 post count already, though. I just think they have a Starz subscription, because most of the movies bumped have been in heavy rotation on that network for at least month. Nothing wrong with catching a flick, and bumping it's thread, right?

Solid Snake 09-14-10 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by covenant (Post 10370779)
:confused:

yeah...wtf is wrong w/ some of you people? Leave personal (fake or otherwise) agendas out of here...

dx23 09-14-10 04:53 PM

Man, this one took a while to get going, but it was so worth it when it finally did. A very deliberately paced build up, with a great pay off. And a lot of original ideas, in my opinion. Nothing I really feel the need to own, but I'm really glad I saw it. Nice to see a sci-fi movie outside the realms of your typical Washington DC stuff.

Do you work for Del Monte?