DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Movie Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk-17/)
-   -   The latest Matthew McConaughey winner (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk/554293-latest-matthew-mcconaughey-winner.html)

Daytripper 04-30-09 05:23 PM

The latest Matthew McConaughey winner

It never ends. Unfortunately for us.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/1193...lfriends_past/

Deftones 04-30-09 05:36 PM

Re: The latest Matthew McConaughey winner

chicks dig looking at him. until he stops looking like he does, he'll keep cranking out stupid chick flicks.

NoirFan 04-30-09 05:47 PM

I absolutely loathe him. The sad thing is, he actually has, or had, talent. Just rent Lone Star if you don't believe me. Oh well. We'll always have Wooderson.

animatedude 04-30-09 05:55 PM

why do ppl find him attractive?! eww this guy sucks.i even used to love texas accent and now i hate it because of him.and anyone seen that D&G advert he did? how boring..

shitty looks,shitty movies and shitty accent.

hasslein 04-30-09 09:12 PM

He must be stopped.

RichC2 04-30-09 09:19 PM

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-CXXzz-SE9w&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-CXXzz-SE9w&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Troy Stiffler 04-30-09 09:42 PM

He was really good for the Tropic Thunder role.

maxfisher 05-01-09 07:11 AM

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ukRdEVthmWM&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ukRdEVthmWM&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Goat3001 05-01-09 07:18 AM

I like him. When he does a movie I want to see he's always enjoyable in it. His bread and butter is easy rom coms and he gets a nice paycheck doing it. I see no problem with that. I'll pass on this though, unless seeing it will directly lead to me having sex.

mdc3000 05-01-09 09:29 AM

This looks really bad but I'll probably check it out because of Garner and it's directed by Mark Waters... the guy doesn't make the best movies ever, but he usually takes shitty ideas and somehow makes them work (Freaky Friday, Just Like Heaven) and has two pretty good movies under his belt (Mean Girls, Spiderwick Chronicles) so I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Charlie Goose 05-01-09 09:35 AM

Could be worse. It might be Freddie Prinze Jr.

Double_Oh_7 05-01-09 11:32 AM

He is the male version of Kate Hudson (who is the new Ashley Judd), just going for the cash and making one forgettable movie after another.

UAIOE 05-01-09 01:48 PM

Rumor is he *DOES NOT* take his shirt off in this movie.

EdTheRipper 05-01-09 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by Goat3001 (Post 9419602)
I like him. When he does a movie I want to see he's always enjoyable in it. His bread and butter is easy rom coms and he gets a nice paycheck doing it. I see no problem with that.

Same here. I'll more than likely wind up seeing this when it hits video.

pinata242 05-01-09 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by UAIOE (Post 9420283)
Rumor is he *DOES NOT* take his shirt off in this movie.

Shoulda been straight to video then.

riley_dude 05-01-09 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by animatedude (Post 9418738)
why do ppl find him attractive?! eww this guy sucks.i even used to love texas accent and now i hate it because of him.and anyone seen that D&G advert he did? how boring..

shitty looks,shitty movies and shitty accent.

He has a great body and for someone who is a big advocate of Pot smoking, I find it amazing that he still looks great after what must be frequent Munchies.
His movies, on the other hand, are pretty bad.

islandclaws 05-01-09 05:19 PM

My friend ran into him at a 7-Eleven in Hollywood at around midnight a few years back. He said he was high as a kite and had an armful of Twinkies, Ding-Dongs, etc. My friend asked for an autograph and he signed it with "Keep on livin'". When my friend pointed out how cool that line was, McConaughey said "L-i-v-i-n"... and made his retreat.

riotinmyskull 05-01-09 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by KillerCannibal (Post 9420633)
My friend ran into him at a 7-Eleven in Hollywood at around midnight a few years back. He said he was high as a kite and had an armful of Twinkies, Ding-Dongs, etc. My friend asked for an autograph and he signed it with "Keep on livin'". When my friend pointed out how cool that line was, McConaughey said "L-i-v-i-n"... and made his retreat.

that's fucking awesome.

UAIOE 05-02-09 03:02 AM

That is pretty awesome.

I'm guessing he was wearing a shirt since he was purchasing snacks at a 7-11.

thecrackedjack2 05-02-09 03:50 AM

A shame, the man's been in some decent flicks since Dazed as well. Frailty and Reign of Fire come to mind. Even Sahara was good entertainment.

Terrell 05-02-09 02:29 PM

He does love the romantic comedies doesn't he.

golden_rod 05-02-09 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by Double_Oh_7 (Post 9420024)
He is the male version of Kate Hudson (who is the new Ashley Judd), just going for the cash and making one forgettable movie after another.

Ashley Judd should never be lumped with The Shirtless Wonder and Kate Hudson. Yeah, she's made some awful shit, but hidden amongst the crap are lots of gems. The Passion of Darkly Noon, Smoke, Normal Life, Frida, Norma Jean & Marilyn, The Locusts, etc. And it was quite jarring to see her in something like Bug; not really a good movie, but she was certainly fun to watch.

Travis McClain 05-03-09 11:50 AM

I'm curious; since just about every post in this thread would qualify as a "threadcrap," including the original post...is this a "crapthread?" ;)

Daytripper 05-03-09 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by golden_rod (Post 9421739)
Ashley Judd should never be lumped with The Shirtless Wonder and Kate Hudson. Yeah, she's made some awful shit, but hidden amongst the crap are lots of gems. The Passion of Darkly Noon, Smoke, Normal Life, Frida, Norma Jean & Marilyn, The Locusts, etc. And it was quite jarring to see her in something like Bug; not really a good movie, but she was certainly fun to watch.

Not to mention "Heat" and she was incredible in "Ruby in Paradise".

UAIOE 05-03-09 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by Terrell (Post 9421719)
He does love the romantic comedies doesn't he.

I'm guessing he does them because they are easy to do and are pretty much guaranteed to make money.