Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Date Night (Levy, 2010): Steve Carell, Tina Fey, Mark Wahlberg, James Franco

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Date Night (Levy, 2010): Steve Carell, Tina Fey, Mark Wahlberg, James Franco

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-10, 10:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Date Night (Levy, 2010): Steve Carell, Tina Fey, Mark Wahlberg, James Franco

The GF and I watched this recently and we both liked it quite a bit for what it was.

I was really happy with the cameo by
Spoiler:
Mila Kunis
, as I didn't know it was coming, and damn - she's gorgeous.

A good, fun movie.
Old 09-17-10, 11:00 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: Date Night (Levy, 2010): Steve Carell, Tina Fey, Mark Wahlberg, James Franco

/\ She was the best part of the movie, IMO. Overall, it was pretty disappointing.
Old 03-21-12, 11:57 AM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

saw it yesterday on a BD cuz of a female friend who I think really likes me and tries to get me to watch movies w/ her. The problem w/ that is...I'm a guy who studied film...so she thinks taking me to movies is a good thing..and in theory...she'd be right..but unfortunately..she has shit taste. At least the sex is good...but not good enough for me to stick around too long. This girl has involved me in 3 movies I'd never watch personally. Lorax, Project X (well...I lasted 15 mins and then left to see John Carter instead...loved JC), and this at her home.

*sigh* It's mediocre. A few chuckles. A big ass Meh. Best thing about it was Franco and Kunis. Otherwise...mediocre. I also didn't know this was a Levy film...*sigh*
Old 03-22-12, 04:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So, you finally had teh sex!

Congratulations!
Old 03-22-12, 07:28 PM
Banned

If this was what I had to endure to get sex for the very first time *cue Jim Broadbent* well this'd ne easier to live through. Alas...it was not.
Old 03-23-12, 05:12 PM
Banned

Location: Conducting miss-aisle drills and listening to their rock n roll
Received 168 Likes on 126 Posts

Solid Snake,

I don't mean to dig into you too hard, but don't make proclamations about your girlfriend's bad taste in film and your superior taste (because you studied film), when just yesterday you posted in the Bela Tarr thread that you'd never heard of him. And I see you frequently confessing your ignorance in posts.

I don't like Date Night either but don't put on airs.

I know that sounds dick so I'll give you some sincere advice. I've studied film--and added to that I've probably spent 10,000 hours watching, reading, or writing about film for every hour I ever spent in a classroom. I have diverse taste and I have a somewhat refined taste. My wife likes PURE SHIT. The shittier the better. Like romance comedies and gross out comedies ONLY...but then when a good gross out comedy comes along she says she doesn't like it (she hates Anchorman!).

Anyway, I've learned that you don't make any friends trying to show off your superior taste. Just find something else you enjoy doing together and skip the movies. Haranguing her that she's an idiot for liking the Lorax (which she most assuredly is) isn't going to make her happy. So go bowling or something.
Old 03-23-12, 06:02 PM
Banned

My study of film has nothing to do w/ my taste in film. I love Crank 2 for god's sake. Just cuz you studied film...doesn't mean you know everything of film. I'm always discovering.

She thinks cuz I studied film...I'll love watching everything she's showing me. The girl is wrong. I'm just there to get my dick in her and to hang out w/ her a bit cuz she's for the most part cool.

Where she fails in understanding is that...*shocking* sometimes..you need to know your audience. If I could w/o watching a movie every time I had to fuck her. I'd have fun. The sex to me at the end is a great way to forget a shitty movie. Sadly...I don't want to watch more shitty movies than I need to. We could spend more time playing pool or playing darts or something else instead of wasting my time w/ a shit movie.
Old 03-23-12, 06:47 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Guys, he got laid. It's a party.
Old 03-23-12, 07:22 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

WAH, I had to watch a 90 minute movie in order to get laid. WAH

I thought the movie was okay, I remember laughing a few times but I also forgot everything about it by the next morning.
Old 03-24-12, 10:52 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by sauce07
WAH, I had to watch a 90 minute movie in order to get laid. WAH
Get married and then see what you have to do to get laid. For those of us married for a couple decades, the relationship portion of the movie rang very true. Why do you think I own every crappy rom-com put out in the last few years?