Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

George Lucas film 'Red Tails' gets green light

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

George Lucas film 'Red Tails' gets green light

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-12, 11:56 PM

Location: Stuck in traffic on the 5 fwy somewhere in Los Angeles
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Re: George Lucas film 'Red Tails' gets green light

Originally Posted by Terrell
Yes, I'm sure Lucas is going to listen to some random guy on the internet.
Some random guy... random guy!?! I'm Halfucking9000 and no, I won't open the pod bay doors!

Of course I don't expect him to listen to me... or any of the thousands of "yes men and women" that he employs up at LucasFilm. Because if he did have a "no man" (that he trusted) 90% of the shit that he makes wouldn't stink in the first place. I guarantee that if one person ever had the balls to say "George, this sucks" that person would no longer have a job up there. It takes a brilliant man to admit when he's wrong... George obviously has yet to discover that he could truly be brilliant. But, he's also an old man, does he give a shit? He never has, so why should he start now.

When you surround yourself with people that are only employed to say "yes, awesome, great idea, no I wouldn't change a thing, I still get payed on Thursday right George?" You end up with crap like Red Tails.
Old 01-22-12, 12:02 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 273 Likes on 206 Posts

To be fair, Spielberg said "No" to Lucas on numerous plot points for Indiana Jones, and we still got Crystal Skulls. If someone with his clout and relationship to Lucas can't get him to agree, then what can some employee do?
Old 01-22-12, 12:35 AM

Location: Stuck in traffic on the 5 fwy somewhere in Los Angeles
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by bluetoast
To be fair, Spielberg said "No" to Lucas on numerous plot points for Indiana Jones, and we still got Crystal Skulls. If someone with his clout and relationship to Lucas can't get him to agree, then what can some employee do?
Unfortunately, in the past I regarded Spielberg as an inspiration and a film maker that I once admired. But he too, has also surrounded himself with as many "yes men" as Lucas has.

So, Spielberg's conversation with Lucas about the Crystal Skull went something like this: "George, no, Indy flies through the air in the refrigerator, get it?" Followed by two old men chuckling uncontrollably.

Last edited by hal9000; 01-22-12 at 12:37 AM. Reason: typo