Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Sooo..if you're not doing anything this Sat, how about watching my MTV movie show?

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Sooo..if you're not doing anything this Sat, how about watching my MTV movie show?

Old 02-17-09, 09:37 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I sincerely apologize for the blatant self promotion; I hardly ever do it. But this time it's relevant so hopefully it can slide. This Saturday at 8pm on MTV we're airing "Spoilers," our quarterly movie show.

We'll be screening "Watchmen" for a live audience and the entire cast will be there along with My Chemical Romance (who contributed to the soundtrack), and Zack Snyder will be doing a Q&A. We'll also be running first looks at "Transformers 2," "Star Trek," "Land of the Lost" and others. It'll all be combined into the show.

I just booked Wil Weaton so he'll be there to talk about the "Star Trek" clip too and give his impressions. If that doesn't earn geek cred I don't know what does (aside from my Hamilton collection "Best of Both Worlds" dinner plate).

Anyway, I'd appreciate it if you could watch or DVR it. If it does well we can hopefully get more of these going, and make a real alternative to Access Hollywood and Extra. And if you have any critiques, pass 'em my way. Always looking to improve.

{/spam}

Last edited by BJacks; 02-17-09 at 10:58 PM.
Old 02-17-09, 09:44 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: Sooo..if you're not doing anything this Sat, how about watching my MTV movie show

I have to say, BJacks, that's the greatest spam post we've ever had. But I don't really care about any of those summer movies. Now if MTV was airing, say, the world premiere trailer of Public Enemies or had a sit down with Quentin Tarantino and Brad Pitt talking about Inglorious Basterds, then I'd be down.

Sounds like you're working on a good thing though.
Old 02-17-09, 10:02 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Sooo..if you're not doing anything this Sat, how about watching my MTV movie show

I'm looking forward to almost every movie you mentioned. I'll be tuning in! I don't watch MTV so much anymore, so thanks for the heads up.
Old 02-17-09, 10:25 PM
Banned

I'm looking forward for those flicks except Land of the Lost...I'm sure the idiots will go in throes to watch it.
Old 02-17-09, 10:54 PM

Originally Posted by PopcornTreeCt View Post
I have to say, BJacks, that's the greatest spam post we've ever had. But I don't really care about any of those summer movies. Now if MTV was airing, say, the world premiere trailer of Public Enemies or had a sit down with Quentin Tarantino and Brad Pitt talking about Inglorious Basterds, then I'd be down.

Sounds like you're working on a good thing though.
Thanks, appreciate it. We'll definitely go after Inglorious hard for the next episode (if there is one). For whatever reason they didn't want to give footage this time around.
Old 02-17-09, 11:11 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

This sounds like the failed MTV show from a few years back, "Movie House" hosted by Nick Zano. I liked that show.

How is this show any different than "Movie House?"
Old 02-18-09, 07:25 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

The original MTV movie show was the one hosted by John Norris that aired every Friday. Loved that show, especially since they always talked about whatever indie movies were opening.
Old 02-18-09, 08:54 AM

I will DVR it. I say it's not spam if you have more than 1,000 posts.
Old 02-18-09, 08:57 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Which MTV?
Old 02-18-09, 09:02 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

MTV hosting a screening? Is this going to turn out like the Two Towers screening they had where right in the middle of Helms Deep they bring cameras in with big lights on top and film the audience watching the movie? shameful.
Old 02-18-09, 09:08 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by SoSpacey View Post
I will DVR it. I say it's not spam if you have more than 1,000 posts.
Actually, the cut-off is 3,750 posts so he has some work to do before Saturday if he wants me to view. Spammer

I will go ahead and schedule the recording now, but I will not watch it if BJacks doesn't hit 3,750 posts before it airs.

Old 02-18-09, 09:13 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 91 Likes on 64 Posts

I'll set my DVR.

Did you give a shout-out to DVDTalk?
Old 02-18-09, 09:20 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by The Bus View Post
The original MTV movie show was the one hosted by John Norris that aired every Friday. Loved that show, especially since they always talked about whatever indie movies were opening.
Wasn't that "The Big Picture" with Chris Connelly? That was in the late 80s.
Old 02-18-09, 09:41 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Wait hold on. I thought MTV only played Music Videos.

On a side note I don't think its spam and good luck I will DVR.
Old 02-18-09, 09:42 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 442 Likes on 318 Posts

Wait, BJacks works at MTV?
Old 02-18-09, 09:52 AM
Banned

Good luck with the show. However I dont have cable anymore and even if I did I would NEVER watch anything on MTV. Maybe this'll make the Watchmen DVD though. I'd certainly give it a watch then.
Old 02-18-09, 10:09 AM

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Larry C. View Post
Wait hold on. I thought MTV only played Music Videos.
They don't anymore. It's all reality tv
Old 02-18-09, 10:32 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I think I can find 12 seconds in my life to set my DVR for Sat. Consider it done.
Old 02-18-09, 10:54 AM

To hit the bullet points:

1) I promise I have nothing to do with the reality TV side of the company. Everyone involved is legitimate movie fan so hopefully that shows. It's only our second episode so it may not be as polished as we'd like, but we're getting there.

2) Chris Connolly hosted Big Picture and Zano hosted Your Movie Show. The latter was cancelled and the former stopped when Connolly left.

3) MTV doesn't play music videos because nobody watches them. It's the sad truth. Although I believe we're doing a second season of Pete Wentz' FN'MTV, which is all music videos and live performances in primetime.

4) Thanks everyone. And please let me know any suggestions you have for ways to improve. I love feedback, good or bad.
Old 02-18-09, 10:59 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Gunde View Post
They don't anymore. It's all reality tv
I know i was being stupid
Old 02-18-09, 11:29 AM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 333 Likes on 295 Posts

forget about taping...how bout tickets to the show????????
Old 02-18-09, 12:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 118 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by Larry C. View Post
I know i was being stupid

No you weren't. You were making a funny. And I laughed!

Sounds like a good show BJacks. I'll tune it. Even though I hate anything and everything MTV is these past 15 years.
Old 02-18-09, 01:05 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Yeah I meant Chris Connelly. Don't know why I thought of John Norris.
Old 02-18-09, 01:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 118 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by The Bus View Post
Yeah I meant Chris Connelly. Don't know why I thought of John Norris.

Cause he's super creepy and you just can't get the name and image out of your head (?)

And God, I hope MadonnaMan is not a fan of his too.
Old 02-18-09, 01:19 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

DVR is set.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.