Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Tom & Jerry (2021) - News, Rumors, Casting, etc

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Tom & Jerry (2021) - News, Rumors, Casting, etc

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-09, 02:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
re: Tom & Jerry (2021) - News, Rumors, Casting, etc

Originally Posted by mcfly
This will suck. The only live action/animated movies that worked were Who Framed Rogger Rabbit and the Looney Tunes movies.
You're referring to Space Jam and Back In Action, right? I haven't seen BIA, but Space Jam was pretty weak. Too much basketball and Monstarz, not enough Looney Tunes.

It's not a large part of the movie at all (live action/animated), but what's there is golden: The Spongebob Sqaurepants Movie.
Old 01-23-09, 11:26 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,243 Likes on 854 Posts

Not a big fan of Space Jam, but I really liked Back in Action. It's been a long time since I've watched it, but I recall it had a little more "edge" to it, like the early Looney Tunes stuff.
Old 01-24-09, 11:05 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

What are the odds that Tom and Jerry stay mute for the duration of this movie?

Garfield and Alvin & the Chipmunks at least had characters that were known to have thoughts or verbal communication.
Old 01-24-09, 11:14 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hopefully this will star Brendan Frasier and Amanda Bynes.
Old 01-24-09, 01:08 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3,191 Likes on 2,059 Posts

Originally Posted by pinata242
What are the odds that Tom and Jerry stay mute for the duration of this movie?
I'm wondering the same thing. The only time I remember either of them talking was when Tom sang "Is you or is you ain't my baby". And occasionally Tom screaming in pain. Never heard a peep from Jerry.
Old 01-24-09, 01:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 598 Likes on 432 Posts

I really didn't like tom and jerry and never could figure out why anyone did.

what was the story?
both of them running around the house trying to kill each other. ZZZzzzzz

Itchy and Scratchy is what T&J was trying to be and I&S is funny.
I know I&S isn't a real cartoon but it is a parody of T&J that is better.
Old 10-15-18, 02:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 211 Likes on 178 Posts

‘Tom and Jerry,’ ‘Scooby-Doo’ Movies Land Top Talent at Warner Animation Group (EXCLUSIVE)

Warner Bros. has big ambitions for its animation division, and the studio has zeroed in on the talent to help steer the ship on two popular properties.

Sources tell Variety that Warners and Warner Animation Group are in negotiations with “Shaft” helmer Tim Story to direct the new “Tom and Jerry” hybrid live-action pic. The studio has also brought on Chris Columbus as creative producer on the new “Scooby-Doo” animated movie.
https://variety.com/2018/film/news/t...on-1202978052/
Old 10-15-18, 03:12 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 723 Likes on 528 Posts

Originally Posted by whotony
I really didn't like tom and jerry and never could figure out why anyone did.

what was the story?
both of them running around the house trying to kill each other. ZZZzzzzz

Itchy and Scratchy is what T&J was trying to be and I&S is funny.
I know I&S isn't a real cartoon but it is a parody of T&J that is better.
Depends on which T&J animators were working on it. I hate the Chuck Jones version. I love the original Hanna Barbera run.
Old 10-15-18, 03:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 211 Likes on 178 Posts

Only took 9 years but whotony got a reply
Old 10-21-18, 10:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 598 Likes on 432 Posts

Originally Posted by TheMovieman
Only took 9 years but whotony got a reply
I can finally rest.
Old 10-22-18, 06:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 696 Likes on 430 Posts

Originally Posted by Hokeyboy
I'm gonna call this right now, and if anyone wants to take me up on this, and I win, they owe me a meatball sub:

At some point in this "movie", Tom will perform a hip-hop rendition of "Is You Is, or Is You Ain't, My Bebbe".
Still applies.
Old 10-22-18, 08:20 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3,191 Likes on 2,059 Posts

^ I’ve had a meatball sub in the back of my closet for the last 10 years, just in case I lose the bet.
Old 10-22-18, 10:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

^I'd still eat it. Love me a meatball sub.
Old 10-22-18, 10:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,151 Likes on 900 Posts

I really don’t know why studios still insist on adapting properties like this. If you’re going to do it at least make it animated, even if it’s CG. I really hope it’s not some “live action” cat and mouse in a movie with human characters.
Old 10-22-18, 10:28 PM
Banned

Received 376 Likes on 295 Posts

Tom Cruise & Jerry Lewis movie? I'm in!
Old 10-23-18, 11:24 AM
DVD Talk Legend

If a single WB executive utters the phrase "Raja Gosnell", the Earth will crash into the Sun. And we'd be better off for it.
Old 03-14-19, 01:31 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 119 Likes on 71 Posts

Tom and Jerry has a release date, April 16th 2021.

https://www.cbr.com/tom-and-jerry-li...ie-april-2021/
Old 03-15-19, 11:14 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,457 Likes on 927 Posts

The old cartoons had an unacceptable level of violence. Today we know that we must teach children that the proper way to solve problems is through cooperation. The new Tom and Jerry movie should promote the modern values of friendship, caring, and product placement.

Last edited by Nick Danger; 03-15-19 at 12:33 PM.
Old 07-30-19, 05:09 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 723 Likes on 528 Posts
Re: Tom & Jerry (2021) - News, Rumors, Casting, etc

Warner Bros.' 'Tom and Jerry' Adds Ken Jeong and Rob Delaney
JULY 30, 2019 12:01PM by Aaron Couch
Jordan Bolger and Pallavi Sharda are also joining the cast, which already includes Colin Jost, Chloe Grace Moretz and Michael Pena.

Ken Jeong, Rob Delaney, Jordan Bolger and Pallavi Sharda have joined the live-action hybrid from Warner Bros. Animation Group. Director Tim Story is behind the project, which also stars Colin Jost, Chloe Grace Moretz and Michael Pena.

The new film sees Tom the cat and Jerry Mouse getting kicked out of their home and relocating to a fancy New York hotel. A scrappy hustler named Kayla has taken a job there, but she will lose her employment if she can't evict Jerry before a high class wedding at the hotel. Her solution? Hiring piano playing Tom to get rid of the pesky mouse.

Tom and Jerry began life as a series of long-running shorts created by William Hanna and Joseph Barbera in 1940. They centered on the exploits of house cat Tom and his never-ending battle with mouse Jerry. Seven of the shorts, released by MGM, won Oscars from 1943-53. The animated pair have remained in the pop culture consciousness over the years, first getting their own full-length theatrical film with 1993's Tom and Jerry: The Movie.

Story is executive producing the new Tom and Jerry with Adam Goodman. Chris DeFaria is producing.

Jeong, who broke out as an actor with NBC's Community and The Hangover films, released his Netflix special You Complete Me, Ho earlier this year. He will play a character named Jackie.

Delaney, who will play DuBros, had a small but memorable role as Peter in last year's Deadpool 2 and appears in Fast & Furious Presents: Hobbs & Shaw, in theaters Friday.

Bolger's credits include Peaky Blinders and The 100, and will play Cameron. Sharda, who will play Preeta, appeared in Lion and is among the stars of the ITV historical drama Beecham House.

Jeong is repped by ICM and Aligned Entertainment. Delaney is repped by UTA and Avalon Management. Bogler is repped by Circle of Confusion and Waring and McKenna. Sharda is repped by Innovative Artists and Hamilton Hodell.
Old 07-30-19, 11:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,403 Likes on 1,028 Posts

The new film sees Tom the cat and Jerry Mouse getting kicked out of their home and relocating to a fancy New York hotel. A scrappy hustler named Kayla has taken a job there, but she will lose her employment if she can't evict Jerry before a high class wedding at the hotel. Her solution? Hiring piano playing Tom to get rid of the pesky mouse.

Giving it the benefit of the doubt, that *almost* sounds close enough to the plot of a classic T&J short that this could work.
Old 11-17-20, 11:52 AM

Received 4,558 Likes on 3,093 Posts

One of the most beloved rivalries in history is reignited when Jerry moves into New York City’s finest hotel on the eve of “the wedding of the century,” forcing the event’s desperate planner to hire Tom to get rid of him, in director Tim Story’s “Tom & Jerry.” The ensuing cat and mouse battle threatens to destroy her career, the wedding and possibly the hotel itself. But soon, an even bigger problem arises: a diabolically ambitious staffer conspiring against all three of them.

An eye-popping blend of classic animation and live action, Tom and Jerry’s new big-screen adventure stakes new ground for the iconic characters and forces them to do the unthinkable… work together to save the day.

“Tom & Jerry” stars Chloë Grace Moretz (“Neighbors 2: Sorority Rising,” “The Addams Family”), Michael Peña (“Cesar Chavez,” “American Hustle,” “Ant-Man”), Rob Delaney (“Deadpool 2,” “Fast & Furious Presents: Hobbs & Shaw”), Colin Jost (“How to be Single,” “Saturday Night Live”), and Ken Jeong (“Crazy Rich Asians,” “The Hangover,” “Transformers: Dark of the Moon”).
The film is directed by Tim Story (“Fantastic Four,” “Think Like a Man,” “Barbershop”) and produced by Chris DeFaria (“The LEGO Movie 2,” “Ready Player One,” “Gravity”).

It is written by Kevin Costello, based on characters created by William Hanna and Joseph Barbera. Serving as executive producers are Tim Story, Adam Goodman, Steven Harding, Sam Register, Jesse Ehrman, and Allison Abbate. The creative filmmaking team includes director of photography Alan Stewart, production designer James Hambidge, editor Peter S. Elliot, and costume designer Alison McCosh. The music is composed by Christopher Lennertz.
A Warner Bros. Pictures and Warner Animation Group presentation, a Tim Story Film, “Tom & Jerry” will be distributed worldwide by Warner Bros. Pictures.

The film is rated PG for cartoon violence, rude humor and brief language.
Old 11-17-20, 12:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,151 Likes on 900 Posts

I like that they went with the classic looks for Tom and Jerry at least. It looks about like what one would expect from one of these animation/liv-action hybrids. Doesn’t look awful, but not particularly great either.

Might watch it once it hits HBO Max, but I probably wouldn’t pay to watch it in the theater or premium VOD if it was to go that route.
Old 11-17-20, 12:06 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts

I like that they went classic look vs some CGI version like what the Scooby Doo movies did. It looks cute.
Old 11-17-20, 01:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,403 Likes on 1,028 Posts

I don't completely hate it.

The gags seem to follow vintage stylings, so it will be up to how the young lady interacts with them.
Old 12-14-20, 05:45 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.