Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

The 81st Academy Awards — 2008 Nominations Discussion.

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

The 81st Academy Awards — 2008 Nominations Discussion.

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-09, 11:23 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: The 81st Academy Awards — 2008 Nominations Discussion.

perhaps i'm the only one who was remotely moved by The Reader. i went into this film anticipating insane boredom.. a typical period piece of some sort... but i truly adored this film. to call it a joke of a film is a little far, i'd say.. even for anyone who didn't appreciate it.
Old 01-26-09, 11:25 PM

question: was 'Hunger' submitted for Oscar consideration??? the sound editing and mixing was heart-stopping at times... as well as being an inventive history lesson. plus, Bobby Sands' physical 'thinning' is even more gruesome than Christian Bale's in 'The Machinist', i'd say.
Old 01-27-09, 03:27 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Newsweek's Oscar Roundtable

Brad Pitt, Frank Langella, Anne Hathaway, Mickey Rourke, Sally Hawkins, and Robert Downey Jr sit around Dinner For Five style, talking it up over acting, movies, performances and their lives. Runs about an hour. Great stuff.

I apologize if it's a repost.
Old 01-27-09, 03:54 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by TheySentYou
question: was 'Hunger' submitted for Oscar consideration??? the sound editing and mixing was heart-stopping at times... as well as being an inventive history lesson. plus, Bobby Sands' physical 'thinning' is even more gruesome than Christian Bale's in 'The Machinist', i'd say.
Hunger didn't have a release in the USA beyond film festivals, unfortunately.
Old 01-27-09, 07:31 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wouldn't call The Reader a joke, but it sure did feel like a Lifetime movie of the week... I mean seriously
Spoiler:
Someone would rather spend LIFE IN JAIL instead of admitting that THEY CAN'T READ. NO. FUCKING. WAY.... and then the kid doesn't speak up either. Bullshit... not to mention the exchange at the end with Lena Olin stretches the believability factor even further.... UGH.
Old 01-27-09, 09:46 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 290 Likes on 211 Posts

Originally Posted by mdc3000
I wouldn't call The Reader a joke, but it sure did feel like a Lifetime movie of the week... I mean seriously
Spoiler:
Someone would rather spend LIFE IN JAIL instead of admitting that THEY CAN'T READ. NO. FUCKING. WAY.... and then the kid doesn't speak up either. Bullshit... not to mention the exchange at the end with Lena Olin stretches the believability factor even further.... UGH.
This felt like no Lifetime movie I've ever had the misfortune of seeing. And hey, if you guys have a problem with the story, blame the author. It's based on a book. Also....

Spoiler:
I believe she was humilated enough by what she did to admit she couldn't read. And the kid was already angry with her the way she left him. And felt she should be punished in some way for being part of the crimes that were committed. That's why he stopped on the way in to see her.
Old 01-27-09, 09:47 AM
DVD Talk Legend

perhaps i'm the only one who was remotely moved by The Reader. i went into this film anticipating insane boredom.. a typical period piece of some sort... but i truly adored this film. to call it a joke of a film is a little far, i'd say.. even for anyone who didn't appreciate it.
I felt the same. I hated "The Hours". So I had no interest in seeing this. But was dragged to it and had the same reaction as you.
Old 01-27-09, 09:54 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Madison, WI ("77 square miles surrounded by reality")
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Daytripper
I felt the same. I hated "The Hours". So I had no interest in seeing this. But was dragged to it and had the same reaction as you.
I hated The Hours too but this was quite different. And yes,
Spoiler:
she was the only one of the defendants who actually had a conscience and felt guilt for what she had done. She felt she deserved the punishment. Also, committing suicide instead of being freed was part of the same guilt.
Old 01-27-09, 10:12 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Well I appreciated the court scenes (not enough) and Lena Olin (who should be in more movies, good actress and still hot).

The movie was all over the place - does it want to be a romance film? a movie about illiteracy? a movie about war crimes that shouldn't be considered crimes if that's how the laws were during Nazi Germany? I thought the movie was going to get interesting during the court scenes in which they would discuss the wrongs and rights of "just following orders", but unfortunately, it didn't roll that way.

Spoiler:
and the way Winslet's character learns to read is a laughable joke
Old 01-27-09, 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by toddly6666
Well I appreciated the court scenes (not enough) and Lena Olin (who should be in more movies, good actress and still hot).

The movie was all over the place - does it want to be a romance film? a movie about illiteracy? a movie about war crimes that shouldn't be considered crimes if that's how the laws were during Nazi Germany? I thought the movie was going to get interesting during the court scenes in which they would discuss the wrongs and rights of "just following orders", but unfortunately, it didn't roll that way.

Spoiler:
and the way Winslet's character learns to read is a laughable joke
what you considered a "laughable joke" felt like a triumph to my viewing... almost in the way the lead character in 'The Diving Bell and the Butterfly' overcame his obstacles, though on a smaller scale. In 'The Reader' it was a 'too little too late' instance which made me feel deeply for the character. and about it being all over the place - i don't think it tried to be anything aside from a story about regret and isolation. the illiteracy, the romance, the following of orders... they were all just key elements. 'Slumdog Millionaire' was certainly "all over the place", yet i most definitely considered it my favorite film of the year. Great stories usually cover a whole lotta ground, you know?
Old 01-27-09, 06:54 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Reader hate on display here is hilarious.
Old 01-27-09, 06:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

what you considered a "laughable joke" felt like a triumph to my viewing... almost in the way the lead character in 'The Diving Bell and the Butterfly' overcame his obstacles, though on a smaller scale. In 'The Reader' it was a 'too little too late' instance which made me feel deeply for the character. and about it being all over the place - i don't think it tried to be anything aside from a story about regret and isolation. the illiteracy, the romance, the following of orders... they were all just key elements. 'Slumdog Millionaire' was certainly "all over the place", yet i most definitely considered it my favorite film of the year. Great stories usually cover a whole lotta ground, you know?
I'm with you every step of the way TheySentYou. Like I said before, I didn't expect much from this film, and I found it incredibly moving. And that Kate turned in a riveting performance. I truly hope she wins Best Actress. But her competition is tough. I haven't seen "Frozen River" yet, and have it my Netflix queue. So I can't comment on Melissa Leo yet. But all are worthy. Even Angelina Jolie in "Kid Interrupted". A film that's just o.k., but she was terrific. Streep was right in her SAG acceptance speech, the "girls" have had a terrific year. They usually have a better year than the guys. But both have had a great year IMO. Acting AND films actually.
Old 01-27-09, 07:06 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by Gerry P.
The Reader hate on display here is hilarious.
Yes. Damn all you and your varying opinions.
Old 01-27-09, 07:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by LickTheABCs
Yes. Damn all you and your varying opinions.
Well, I'd bet a million dollars most haven't even seen it. Just pissed that it got a nomination and "TDK" didn't. Most like Sanjuro and Toddly6666 clearly have, and at least offer a mature take on it.
Old 01-27-09, 08:37 PM

I'm with you every step of the way TheySentYou. Like I said before, I didn't expect much from this film, and I found it incredibly moving. And that Kate turned in a riveting performance. I truly hope she wins Best Actress. But her competition is tough. I haven't seen "Frozen River" yet, and have it my Netflix queue. So I can't comment on Melissa Leo yet. But all are worthy. Even Angelina Jolie in "Kid Interrupted". A film that's just o.k., but she was terrific. Streep was right in her SAG acceptance speech, the "girls" have had a terrific year. They usually have a better year than the guys. But both have had a great year IMO. Acting AND films actually.
excellent! due to all the insane hype, i really do think Anne Hathaway might take home the gold in the Best Actress category, though i haven't yet seen 'Rachel Getting Married'. i'm personally rooting for Kate Winslet AND Melissa Leo. Melissa Leo's performance was nothing outrageously out-of-the-ordinary - just convincingly organic and devastatingly REAL. I highly recommend 'Frozen River' - it's one of those few gems that truly captures the struggle and honesty of middle-class, small-town America.
Old 01-27-09, 08:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

excellent! due to all the insane hype, i really do think Anne Hathaway might take home the gold in the Best Actress category, though i haven't yet seen 'Rachel Getting Married'. i'm personally rooting for Kate Winslet AND Melissa Leo. Melissa Leo's performance was nothing outrageously out-of-the-ordinary - just convincingly organic and devastatingly REAL. I highly recommend 'Frozen River' - it's one of those few gems that truly captures the struggle and honesty of middle-class, small-town America.
Oh, I'm all over "Frozen River". But like most indie movies, they don't stay around long so I didn't get a chance to see it. I'm sure no one remembers this, and I'm so embarrassed to say it, but Leo was on "All My Children" in the mid 80's. I only know this because I was in school then and I remember my sister watching the show with her every night that she taped . Wasn't sure it was her, but she looked familiar so I checked her name out on IMDB. Leo was also great in "21 Grams". About Hathaway, she was great. But if Winslet doesn't win, Streep will.
Old 01-27-09, 09:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I'm extremely disappointed that Michael Sheen didn't get a Best Supporting nod for Frost/Nixon. He was absolutely superb.
Old 01-27-09, 09:36 PM
Banned

^Wasn't he the lead actor in that one? Seemed like it to me.
Old 01-27-09, 10:02 PM

Leo was on
Great actress,Melissa Leo will forever be Det. Kay Howard from Homicide to me.
Old 01-27-09, 11:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by chris_sc77
^Wasn't he the lead actor in that one? Seemed like it to me.
He was, but Langella got the lead nod, despite having far less screen time. A higher profile role, I suppose.
Old 01-27-09, 11:53 PM

frost/nixon is the best of the nominees. the curious case is the worst.
Old 01-28-09, 12:43 AM

Well, I'd bet a million dollars most haven't even seen it. Just pissed that it got a nomination and "TDK" didn't. Most like Sanjuro and Toddly6666 clearly have, and at least offer a mature take on it.

I didn't offer a mature take on it? Oh, I guess I'm just pissed a movie I don't think deserves to get a nomination didn't get one.
Old 01-28-09, 01:34 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Picture
1. Slumdog Millionaire (PGA, SAG, NBR, WAFCA, AWFJ, NYFCO, BFCA, GG, SDFCS, PFCS, DFWFCA, FFCC, DFCA, OFCC, KCFCC, IFCA, NTFCA, BSFC**, ASC*, CAS*, DGA*, ADG*, ACE*, CDG*, AFCA**, SEFCA***, AAFC***, COFC***, CFCA*, BAFTA*, OFCS*, VFCC*)
2. The Curious Case of Benjamin Button (SLGFC, HFCA, AFI**, SAG*, PGA*, ASC*, DGA*, ADG*, ACE*, CDG*, IFMCA*, VES*, NBR*, BFCA*, GG*, CFCA*, BAFTA*, LFCC*, OFCS*)
3. Milk (NYFCC, SEFCA, SFFCC, VFCC, AFI**, SAG*, PGA*, DGA*, ADG*, ACE*, CDG*, DFWFCA***, NBR*, BFCA*, CFCA*, BAFTA*, LFCC*)
4. Frost/Nixon (LVFCS, AFI**, SAG*, DGA*, ADG*, ACE*, NBR*, BFCA*, GG*, BAFTA*, LFCC*)
5. The Reader (ASC*, BFCA*, GG*, BAFTA*)

Director
1. Danny Boyle, “Slumdog Millionaire” (LAFCA, CFCA, BFCA, GG, WAFCA, AWFJ, NYFCO, SLGFC, SEFCA, SDFCS, PFCS, HFCA, DFWFCA, FFCC, AAFC, DFCA, OFCC, COFC, IFCA, NTFCA, DGA*, BAFTA*, LFCC*, OFCS*, VFCC*)
2. Gus Van Sant, “Milk” (SFFCC, BSFC**, NSFC***, SEFCA***, DGA*, BFCA*, CFCA*, LFCC*, VFCC*)
3. David Fincher, “The Curious Case of Benjamin Button” (NBR, VFCC, DGA*, BFCA*, GG*, CFCA*, BAFTA*, LFCC*, OFCS*)
4. Ron Howard, “Frost/Nixon” (LVFCS, DGA*, BFCA*, GG*, BAFTA*)
5. Stephen Daldry, “The Reader” (GG*, BAFTA*)[/COLOR]

Actor
1. Sean Penn, “Milk” (SAG, LAFCA, NYFCC, NSFC, BFCA, AWFJ, NYFCO, SLGFC, SEFCA, PFCS, AFCA, HFCA, DFWFCA, VFCC, BSFC**, SFFCC**, COFC***, GG*, CFCA*, BAFTA*, ISA*, LFCC*, OFCS*)
2. Mickey Rourke, “The Wrestler” (CFCA, GG, WAFCA, WFCC, SDFCS, FFCC, UFCA, TFCA, DFCA, OFCC, KCFCC, COFC, IFCA, OFCS, BSFC**, LAFCA***, NSFC***, SAG*, SFFCC**, SEFCA***, BFCA*, BAFTA*, ISA*, LFCC*, VFCC*)
3. Frank Langella, “Frost/Nixon” (LVFCS, AAFC, NTFCA, SAG*, BFCA*, GG*, CFCA*, BAFTA*, LFCC*, OFCS*, VFCC*)
4. Brad Pitt, “The Curious Case of Benjamin Button” (SAG*, BFCA*, GG*, BAFTA*)
5. Richard Jenkins, “The Visitor” (SAG*, BFCA*, CFCA*, ISA*, OFCS*)

Actress
1. Meryl Streep, “Doubt” (SAG, WAFCA, PFCS, KCFCC, IFCA, NTFCA, BFCA**, GG*, CFCA*, BAFTA*, LFCC*, VFCC*)
2. Anne Hathaway, “Rachel Getting Married” (NBR, CFCA, SEFCA, AFCA, HFCA, DFWFCA, BFCA**, SAG*, UFCA***, COFC***, GG*, ISA*, LFCC*)
3. Melissa Leo, “Frozen River” (WFCC, FFCC, UFCA, COFC, LAFCA***, NSFC***, SAG*, BFCA*, CFCA*, ISA*)
4. Angelina Jolie, “Changeling” (AAFC, SAG*, BFCA*, GG*, CFCA*, BAFTA*, LFCC*)
5. Kate Winslet, “The Reader” (SDFCS, AWFJ**, LVFCS**, SEFCA***, VFCC**, BAFTA*)

Supporting Actor
1. Heath Ledger, “The Dark Knight” (SAG, LAFCA, BSFC, CFCA, BFCA, GG, WAFCA, AWFJ, SLGFC, SEFCA, SFFCC, SDFCS, PFCS, AFCA, HFCA, DFWFCA, LVFCS, FFCC, UFCA, TFCA, AAFC, DFCA, OFCC, KCFCC, COFC, VFCC, IFCA, NTFCA, OFCS, NSFC***, BAFTA*, LFCC*)
2. Josh Brolin, “Milk” (NBR, NYFCC, NYFCO, SAG*, BFCA*, CFCA*, VFCC*)
3. Philip Seymour Hoffman, “Doubt” (SAG*, COFC***, BFCA*, GG*, CFCA*, BAFTA*, OFCS*, VFCC*)
4. Robert Downey, Jr., “Tropic Thunder” (SAG*, SEFCA***, BFCA*, GG*, CFCA*, BAFTA*, OFCS*)
5. Michael Shannon, “Revolutionary Road” (CFCA*, OFCS*)

Supporting Actress
1. Penelope Cruz, “Vicky Cristina Barcelona” (NBR, NYFCC, BSFC, NYFCO, SEFCA, KCFCC, IFCA, LAFCA**, SAG*, BFCA*, GG*, CFCA*, BAFTA*, ISA*, LFCC*, OFCS*)
2. Marisa Tomei, “The Wrestler” (SFFCC, SDFCS, PFCS, LVFCS, FFCC, DFCA, OFCC, COFC, OFCS, BFCA*, GG*, BAFTA*, VFCC*)
3. Viola Davis, “Doubt” (SLGFC, HFCA, DFWFCA, AAFC, LAFCA***, NSFC***, SAG*, SEFCA***, BFCA*, GG*, CFCA*, OFCS*, VFCC*)
4. Amy Adams, “Doubt” (NTFCA, SAG*, GG*, CFCA*, BAFTA*, OFCS*)
5. Taraji P. Henson, “The Curious Case of Benjamin Button” (AFCA, SAG*, BFCA*)

Screenplay, Adapted
1. Simon Beaufoy, “Slumdog Millionaire” (CFCA, BFCA, GG, WAFCA, SEFCA, SDFCS, PFCS, HFCA, FFCC, OFCC, KCFCC, COFC, WGA*, NBR**, USC*, BAFTA*, LFCC*, OFCS*)
2. Peter Morgan, “Frost/Nixon” (AWFJ, SLGFC, SFFCC, LVFCS, WGA*, COFC***, BFCA*, GG*, CFCA*, BAFTA*, LFCC*, OFCS*)
3. Eric Roth, “The Curious Case of Benjamin Button” (NBR**, WGA*, SEFCA***, BFCA*, GG*, CFCA*, USC*, BAFTA*, LFCC*, OFCS*)
4. John Patrick Shanley, “Doubt” (WGA*, BFCA*, GG*, CFCA*)
5. David Hare, “The Reader” (GG*, USC*, BAFTA*, LFCC*)

Screenplay, Original
1. Dustin Lance Black, “Milk” (BSFC, SEFCA, SFFCC, DFWFCA, WGA*, BFCA*, CFCA*, BAFTA*, OFCS*)
2. Andrew Stanton, “Wall-E” (CFCA, AWFJ, COFC, OFCS)
3. Mike Leigh, “Happy-Go-Lucky” (LAFCA, NSFC)
4. Martin McDonagh, “In Bruges” (PFCS, CFCA*, BAFTA*, LFCC*, OFCS*)
5. Courtney Hunt, “Frozen River” (COFC***)

Animated
1. Wall-E (PGA, NBR, NYFCC, BSFC, BFCA, WAFCA, NYFCO, CFCA, GG, SLGFC, SEFCA, SDFCS, PFCS, AFCA, HFCA, DFWFCA, LVFCS, FFCC, UFCA, TFCA, OFCC, KCFCC, COFC, IFCA, NTFCA, OFCS, AA*, BAFTA*)
2. Kung-Fu Panda (AA*, PGA*, SEFCA***, UFCA***, COFC***, BFCA*, GG*, CFCA*, OFCS*)
3. Bolt (AA*, PGA*, BFCA*, GG*, CFCA*, OFCS*)

Documentary
1. Man On Wire (PGA, NBR, LAFCA, NYFCC, BSFC, CFCA, NSFC, BFCA, WAFCA, NYFCO, SLGFC, SEFCA, SDFCS, PFCS, AFCA, HFCA, DFWFCA, LVFCS, FFCC, UFCA, TFCA, OFCC, KCFCC, COFC, OFCS, AWFJ**, ISA*)
2. Trouble The Water (NSFC***, PGA*, AWFJ**)
3. Encounters at the End of the World (ISA*, OFCS*)
4. The Betrayal (ISA*)
5. The Garden

Foreign Film
1. Israel, “Waltz With Bashir” (BFCA, GG, UFCA***, BAFTA*, LFCC*, OFCS*)
2. France, “The Class” (LAFCA***, ISA*)
3. Germany, “The Baader Meinhof Complex” (GG*, BAFTA*)
4. Austria, “Revanche”
4. Japan, “Departures”

Music (Score)
1. A. R. Rahman, “Slumdog Millionaire” (LAFCA, NYFCO, BFCA, GG, SDFCS, COFC***, CFCA*, BAFTA*)
2. Alexandre Desplat, “The Curious Case of Benjamin Button” (PFCS, COFC, LAFCA***, IFMCA*, BFCA*, GG*, CFCA*, BAFTA*)
3. Thomas Newman, “Wall-E” (CFCA, IFMCA*, BAFTA*)
4. James Newton Howard, “Defiance” (LVFCS, GG*)
5. Danny Elfman, “Milk” (BFCA*, CFCA*)

Music (Song)
1. Wall-E, “Down to Earth” (HFCA, BFCA*, GG*)
2. Slumdog Millionaire, “Jai Ho” (BFCA*)
3. Slumdog Millionaire, “O Saya”

Editing
1. Slumdog Millionaire (BSFC, SDFCS, PFCS, OFCS, ACE*, BAFTA*)
2. Frost/Nixon (LVFCS, ACE*, BAFTA*)
3. The Curious Case of Benjamin Button (AWFJ, ACE*, BAFTA*)
4. The Dark Knight (ACE*, BAFTA*)
5. Milk (ACE*)

Sound Mixing
1. The Dark Knight (CAS*, BAFTA*)
1. Slumdog Millionaire (CAS*, BAFTA*)
1. Wall-E (CAS*, BAFTA*)
4. The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
4. Wanted

Sound Editing
1. The Dark Knight (MPSE*, BAFTA*)
2. Iron Man (MPSE*)
2. Wanted (MPSE*)
4. Slumdog Millionaire (BAFTA*)
4. Wall-E (BAFTA*)

Visual Effects
1. The Dark Knight (SLGFC, PFCS, BAFTA*)
2. Iron Man (LVFCS, VES*, BAFTA*)
3. The Curious Case of Benjamin Button (VES*, BAFTA*)

Cinematography
1. Anthony Dod Mantle, “Slumdog Millionaire” (NYFCC, NSFC, NYFCO, SDFCS, ASC*, LAFCA***, COFC***, CFCA*, BAFTA*)
2. Wally Pfister, “The Dark Knight” (CFCA, SFFCC, DFWFCA, FFCC, COFC, OFCS, ASC*, BAFTA*)
3. Claudio Miranda, “The Curious Case of Benjamin Button” (PFCS, HFCA, LVFCS, NTFCA, ASC*, CFCA*, BAFTA*)
5. Chris Menges & Roger Deakins, “The Reader” (ASC*, BAFTA*)
10. Tom Stern, “Changeling” (BAFTA*)

Art Direction
1. The Curious Case of Benjamin Button (ADG*, WAFCA, SDFCS, LVFCS, BAFTA*)
2. The Dark Knight (ADG*, PFCS, LAFCA***, BAFTA*)
3. Changeling (ADG*, BAFTA*)
4. The Duchess
4. Revolutionary Road

Costume Design
1. The Curious Case of Benjamin Button (LVFCS, CDG*, BAFTA*)
2. The Duchess (PFCS, CDG*, BAFTA*)
3. Revolutionary Road (CDG*, BAFTA*)
4. Milk (CDG*)
5. Australia

Makeup
1. The Curious Case of Benjamin Button (BAFTA*)
1. The Dark Knight (BAFTA*)
1. Hellboy II: The Golden Army

Seven Wins:
Slumdog Millionaire - Picture, Director, Adapted Screenplay, Editing, Sound Mixing, Cinematography, Score

Four Wins:
The Dark Knight - Supporting Actor, Sound Mixing, Sound Editing, Visual Effects

Three Wins:
The Curious Case of Benjamin Button - Art Direction, Costume Design, Makeup

Two Wins:
Milk - Actor, Original Screenplay
Wall-E - Animated Feature, Original Song

One Win:
Doubt - Actress
Man on Wire - Documentary Feature
Vicky Cristina Barcelona - Supporting Actress
Waltz With Bashir - Foreign Language Film
Old 01-28-09, 01:55 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

"If Heath Ledger wins the Best Supporting Actor award for The Dark Knight, he'll be only the second posthumous acting winner ever, after Network's Peter Finch in 1977. Like Ledger, Finch had earned one prior nomination, and like Ledger, it was for playing a gay man, in 1971's Sunday Bloody Sunday."

I find this bit of trivia quite interesting. I certainly hope Heath wins this time.
Old 01-28-09, 02:10 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Duality
"If Heath Ledger wins the Best Supporting Actor award for The Dark Knight, he'll be only the second posthumous acting winner ever, after Network's Peter Finch in 1977. Like Ledger, Finch had earned one prior nomination, and like Ledger, it was for playing a gay man, in 1971's Sunday Bloody Sunday."

I find this bit of trivia quite interesting. I certainly hope Heath wins this time.
Though he was good. I think they should give it to someone who is still alive.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.