DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Movie Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk-17/)
-   -   Street Fighter trailer (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk/546753-street-fighter-trailer.html)

raven56706 12-30-08 10:12 AM

Street Fighter trailer

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/DuHuN9wg_ss&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/DuHuN9wg_ss&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Tarantino 12-30-08 10:40 AM

That looks nothing like Street Fighter. I think I saw Vega's mask...that's about all I recognized.

Unless it's not supposed to be based on the video game. Then it just looks like a horrible action movie.

= J

Goldberg74 12-30-08 11:02 AM

Found it...

Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun-Li (2-27-09)

Kristin Kruek (Chun Li) + Chris Kline (Nash) + Neal McDonough (M. Bison) + Michael Clark Duncan (Balrog) = rotflrotflrotfl

Jam Master Jay 12-30-08 11:41 AM

:lol: Good to see Chris Klein is still getting work these days. hmmm from the director of Doom, Cradle 2 the Grave, Exit Wounds & Romeo Must Die

Zen Peckinpah 12-30-08 11:44 AM

I do not remember people with guns and rocket launchers in Street Fighter II.

I also remember when the characters had ridiculous costumes.

I'm pretty sure that with this coming out, a Street Fighter movie will never be made again, and I'm factoring in the time after the human race becomes extinct.

Superboy 12-30-08 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by Zen Peckinpah (Post 9163618)
I do not remember people with guns and rocket launchers in Street Fighter II.

I also remember when the characters had ridiculous costumes.

I'm pretty sure that with this coming out, a Street Fighter movie will never be made again, and I'm factoring in the time after the human race becomes extinct.

You could have sworn that would have happened the first time a Street Fighter movie was made.

stingermck 12-30-08 12:16 PM

Neal McDonough? Nice!

tofu 12-30-08 12:20 PM

Interesting. The guy playing Vega is from the Black Eyed Peas. At least, the acrobatic moves might look good.

Sonic 12-30-08 12:55 PM

Van Damme's flick is a more faithful adaption to the game. This looks like Street Fighter 3010

RocShemp 12-30-08 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by Sonic (Post 9163803)
Van Damme's flick is a more faithful adaption to the game. This looks like Street Fighter 3010

So true! :lol:

You know, I have no problem with them trying to re-imagine the franchise but it should still feel like Street Fighter. That doesn't. They should have used Street Fighter II V as a general model to follow if they were gonna update the whole thing. That series both changed a lot of the look and backstory of the game but still felt faithful to it at the same time.

BullGooseLoony 12-30-08 01:48 PM

My opinion is this: a movie is bad when you turn it off halfway through.

A movie is AWFUL when you turn off the trailer halfway though.

This is the latter.

E. Honda 12-30-08 02:12 PM

Am I in this movie? I didn't see myself!

:confused:

Wolf359 01-05-09 10:13 PM

Re: Street Fighter trailer

And here's the uninspiring poster....

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j1...hterposter.jpg

RocShemp 01-05-09 10:52 PM

Why does Neal McDonough look like he's David Hasslhoff's brother in that poster?

dx23 01-06-09 08:48 AM

No Ryu and Ken = No Sale!

They should have done a reboot and started with the original Street Fighter characters, including the Ninja guy that disappeared.

kilcher 01-06-09 02:16 PM

Looks like the trailer above has been removed. :-/

Rammsteinfan 01-06-09 06:18 PM

A version can be found here: http://streetfighter-movie.gyao.jp/

fumanstan 01-06-09 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by dx23 (Post 9177964)
No Ryu and Ken = No Sale!

They should have done a reboot and started with the original Street Fighter characters, including the Ninja guy that disappeared.

Yeah, it's still weird to me how the two times they've tried to make a Street Fighter movie they've decided to focus around Guile and then Chun-Li. And even judging by the trailer, they managed to screw up a hot chick running around doing martial arts.

Why they haven't built a story around the two most popular characters, Ken and Ryu, is odd.

mmconhea 01-21-09 10:05 AM

wait... they have a white woman playing Chun-Li?
And a blond guy playing M. Bison?

What an insult to fans.

fumanstan 01-21-09 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by mmconhea (Post 9213259)
wait... they have a white woman playing Chun-Li?
And a blond guy playing M. Bison?

What an insult to fans.

Nah, she's half Chinese I believe.

RocShemp 01-21-09 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by fumanstan (Post 9213352)
Nah, she's half Chinese I believe.

Correct. She's still miscast but at least they sorta got the ethnicity right. Besides, I don't recall much mention of Chun Li's mother. Who's to say she wasn't American (or in this case, Canadian)?

And, yes, Boomtown Bison is a bit of a question mark. I get trying to adapt the characters to the real world but... why hire a guy that looks better suited to portray Charlie?

And if Chun Li beats Bison at the end of this film (the fight clips all seemed one-sided in Chun Li's favor), is there any reason to even bring in Ryu? He's the guy to beat Bison. The only other contender being Akuma/Gouken. It diminshes such an iconic villain as Bison to be defeated by a supporting character (albeit an important supporting character).

DJariya 03-02-09 02:19 PM

Did anyone actually see this?

Just wondering if it's really that bad. The promotion for this movie has been downright terrible. I wonder why FOX didn't just release this DTV if they weren't going to bother promoting it. Also, the release of the new Street Fighter IV video game would have been another good avenue to promote this movie.

I'm still interested in this mainly for Kristin Kreuk, but should I just save my money and wait for the DVD release?

The O 03-02-09 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by DJariya (Post 9300473)
Just wondering if it's really that bad.

Yes.

Solid Snake 03-02-09 11:11 PM

Originally Posted by DJariya (Post 9300473)
Did anyone actually see this?

Just wondering if it's really that bad. The promotion for this movie has been downright terrible. I wonder why FOX didn't just release this DTV if they weren't going to bother promoting it. Also, the release of the new Street Fighter IV video game would have been another good avenue to promote this movie.

I'm still interested in this mainly for Kristin Kreuk, but should I just save my money and wait for the DVD release?

How about you just don't give a damn about the film cuz we all know it sucks.

DJariya 03-02-09 11:32 PM

Originally Posted by Solid Snake PAC (Post 9301645)
How about you just don't give a damn about the film cuz we all know it sucks.

Okay thanks for not answering my question.

I guess the consensus among all of you is to ignore it and let it go away.