Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Sex and The City Movie Question

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Sex and The City Movie Question

Old 12-12-08, 07:40 PM
  #1  
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Briarwood Sanatarium
Posts: 4,293
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sex and The City Movie Question

I have a quick q about SATS theatrical vs Extended, is there any additional nudity in the EE or just character stuff?
Old 12-12-08, 07:59 PM
  #2  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
kstublen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Florida
Posts: 7,631
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lol
Old 12-12-08, 08:53 PM
  #3  
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Briarwood Sanatarium
Posts: 4,293
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My wife wants it for christmas and that means I will have to sit down and watch it and if I get to see extra Tots or Pie then I will get her the EE, if not I will just get the theatrical
Old 12-12-08, 10:04 PM
  #4  
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY
 
OldBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Are any of us really anywhere?
Posts: 49,410
Received 904 Likes on 765 Posts
your married and still need to see extra tots or pie? i don't think extending a bad movie will help
Old 12-12-08, 10:59 PM
  #5  
Member
 
Brack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: near Cincinnati
Posts: 10,007
Received 61 Likes on 39 Posts
^^^ Ha, as if being married sucks the need for extra tots and pie. Wait, we are talking about food, right?
Old 12-12-08, 10:59 PM
  #6  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
kstublen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Florida
Posts: 7,631
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Yet again...lol

And scott1598, it was not a bad movie.
Old 12-13-08, 07:35 AM
  #7  
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd
 
Trevor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 1999
Location: spiritually, Minnesota
Posts: 36,886
Received 676 Likes on 452 Posts
Originally Posted by kstublen
And scott1598, it was not a bad movie.
More negative reviews than positive. Most would say that could be termed "bad".

Personally, I thought it was a bit below average, not horrible, but quite watchable and a nice close for the series.
Old 12-13-08, 08:18 AM
  #8  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Pontiac,Mi
Posts: 260
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by JJE-187
My wife wants it for christmas and that means I will have to sit down and watch it and if I get to see extra Tots or Pie then I will get her the EE, if not I will just get the theatrical
Yes but you also have to see more Sarah Jessica Parker-homeliest leading lady in the business.
Old 12-13-08, 08:40 AM
  #9  
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd
 
Trevor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 1999
Location: spiritually, Minnesota
Posts: 36,886
Received 676 Likes on 452 Posts
Originally Posted by Lastyear
Yes but you also have to see more Sarah Jessica Parker-homeliest leading lady in the business.
I think everyone that posts something like that needs to post pictures of their wife or girlfriend.
Old 12-13-08, 01:25 PM
  #10  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Travis McClain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Western Hemisphere
Posts: 7,758
Received 176 Likes on 116 Posts
I didn't see it in the theater, but I did watch the extended cut with my wife on DVD. According to her, the only real extra stuff is a trick-or-treating scene and a few other character bits. You're not going to sit through a longer cut and get any extra "tots or pies" for your trouble.

As far as I was concerned, it felt less like an actual film and more like an abbreviated season edited together. About every half hour had its own subplot and resolution, while the overarching plot ran the course of the film, and it was not dissimilar from watching a season in marathon form. I think this has more to do with disappointment for fans than anything, because it never really felt like it needed to be a film.
Old 12-13-08, 02:33 PM
  #11  
DVD Talk Godfather
 
The Bus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: New York
Posts: 54,916
Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by MinLShaw
I didn't see it in the theater, but I did watch the extended cut with my wife on DVD. According to her, the only real extra stuff is a trick-or-treating scene and a few other character bits. You're not going to sit through a longer cut and get any extra "tots or pies" for your trouble.

As far as I was concerned, it felt less like an actual film and more like an abbreviated season edited together. About every half hour had its own subplot and resolution, while the overarching plot ran the course of the film, and it was not dissimilar from watching a season in marathon form. I think this has more to do with disappointment for fans than anything, because it never really felt like it needed to be a film.
I've been a fan of the series forever. I liked the film and didn't think it was unnecessary. Maybe a bit late, but worthwhile.
Old 12-14-08, 12:19 PM
  #12  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Travis McClain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Western Hemisphere
Posts: 7,758
Received 176 Likes on 116 Posts
Originally Posted by The Bus
I've been a fan of the series forever. I liked the film and didn't think it was unnecessary. Maybe a bit late, but worthwhile.
Allow me to clarify. I thought the plot lines worked just fine for the characters and their universe. I just thought that it would have been as effective as a five-episode season, or even a mini-series. There was nothing about the story they told that I felt made it special enough to warrant being a film instead of being televised. A lot of Trekkies feel the same way about most of the Next Generation movies.

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.