Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Scott Walker: 30 Century Man (Kijak, 2008)

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-08, 05:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Synopsis:
The first-ever documentary film about Scott Walker's career and music, tracing his evolution from jobbing bass player on LA's Sunset Strip to his meteoric rise to fame during London's Swinging '60s as lead singer of The Walker Brothers (remember, The Sun Ain't Gonna Shine Anymore?) and as a brooding, crooning solo artist, through to his current status, at 64, as one of the most astonishing and important sound-makers of the last 30 years. This film charts the artistic journey (and the transcendent voice) of one of the most uncompromising and respected figures in music today and presents a rare look inside the most bizarre recording session (the recent "The Drift" album) ever captured on film. SW30 is a visually & structurally inventive film that subverts the typical rock-doc narrative to deliver not just the journey of a songwriter but a meditation on the creative process itself.
Trailer

I'm a big Scott Walker fan, so I'm looking forward to this.
Old 12-10-08, 06:02 PM
Banned by request

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Me too! This sounds fantastic.
Old 12-10-08, 06:24 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'd like to see it. There's a R2 DVD of this out. Here's a review from DVD Times:

http://www.dvdtimes.co.uk/content.php?contentid=66706
Old 12-10-08, 09:20 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 165 Likes on 118 Posts
Wow, I saw this quite some time ago down here, didn't know it wasn't out in the US. FANTASTIC movie, I was only vaguely aware of who Scott Walker was and after watching this went on a major buying jag of his discs. One of the more interesting music docs I've seen.