DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Movie Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk-17/)
-   -   Frank Castle Vs. Dexter Morgan (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk/545141-frank-castle-vs-dexter-morgan.html)

Ronnie Dobbs 12-05-08 02:32 PM

Frank Castle Vs. Dexter Morgan

Essentially similar characters.

devilshalo 12-05-08 02:37 PM

How are they similar? Dexter is a serial killer. Punisher is a vigilante.

mdc3000 12-05-08 02:54 PM

^They both kill only bad people (in principle). I think they both kick ass but for widely different reasons. Dexter is more terrifying to me, as he's just the average guy next door, you never see him coming... whereas Frank Castle is a no holds barred rogue who uses extreme violence to punish the corrupt and doesn't mind getting all up in their face - and usually it's the more obvious criminals... kind of tough to compare though... apples and oranges.

devilshalo 12-05-08 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by mdc3000 (Post 9114166)
^They both kill only bad people (in principle).

However, had Dexter not been given that piece of morality (Harry's code), he's still have a penchant and fascination to kill and it wouldn't matter if they were bad people or not.

Brack 12-05-08 02:58 PM

I'm so hoping someday there'll be a Dexter movie.

starseed1981 12-05-08 02:59 PM

This is a joke right? Dexter by any way he wants.

Boba Fett 12-05-08 03:20 PM

The Punisher (of the comics) by a mile. He'd destroy Dexter as well.

Supermallet 12-05-08 04:55 PM

Are you kidding? The Punisher of the comics would never see Dexter coming. The only thing the Punisher has going for him is that he kills more people at a time.

PopcornTreeCt 12-05-08 05:09 PM

Dexter by far.

Even if Dexter couldn't get to him, he would plant evidence to have Castle go to jail for a very long time.

TomOpus 12-05-08 06:00 PM

Not only would Dexter get away with it, he'd be able to pin it on another bad guy. 2 for the price of one.

CaptainMarvel 12-05-08 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by PopcornTreeCt (Post 9114496)
Dexter by far.

Even if Dexter couldn't get to him, he would plant evidence to have Castle go to jail for a very long time.

So he'd completely waste his time? The police are more than aware that Castle has committed hundreds of murders. They have enough evidence to convict him for a hundred lifetimes, but that depends on 1) catching him, and 2) finding enough police who want to catch him (they mostly love him).

PopcornTreeCt 12-05-08 07:40 PM

Originally Posted by CaptainMarvel (Post 9114738)
So he'd completely waste his time? The police are more than aware that Castle has committed hundreds of murders. They have enough evidence to convict him for a hundred lifetimes, but that depends on 1) catching him, and 2) finding enough police who want to catch him (they mostly love him).

Hmm... good point.

How about The Dark Defender versus The Punisher?

McHawkson 12-05-08 07:41 PM

I have no idea who's Dexter....

Well, Frank Castle survived Wolverine fight....

Solid Snake 12-05-08 09:53 PM

I love the Deadpool vs. Punisher fight....Punisher literally has to face a version of himself, except that this guy has a fucked up sense of humor and is slightly insane with healing factor. Ah..good times.

majorjoe23 12-05-08 10:39 PM

Originally Posted by devilshalo (Post 9114104)
How are they similar? Dexter is a serial killer. Punisher is a vigilante.

Garth Ennis said the key to the Punisher character is that he's a serial killer who kills bad guys.

stingermck 12-05-08 11:01 PM

Frank. He doesnt pretend to be someone he isnt. Though Dex is cool :)

mdc3000 12-06-08 09:12 AM

Originally Posted by devilshalo (Post 9114178)
However, had Dexter not been given that piece of morality (Harry's code), he's still have a penchant and fascination to kill and it wouldn't matter if they were bad people or not.

True, but it's a moot point because HE HAS BEEN GIVEN THAT CODE. That kind of speculation works both ways, who's to say Frank Castle wouldn't eventually have to kill anyone out of necessity either... I was going by the information we KNOW to be true.

Torchur317 12-06-08 02:46 PM

Dexter Morgan