DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Movie Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk-17/)
-   -   Please help me identify this movie! (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk/544911-please-help-me-identify-movie.html)

timten 12-02-08 08:04 PM

please delete this thread

please delete this thread. thanks.

Kurtie Dee is an asshole thread hi-jacker.

animatedude 12-02-08 09:02 PM

pretty woman?

LickTheABCs 12-02-08 10:16 PM

Ask Jeeves.

Kurt D 12-02-08 11:26 PM

I'm sure there are a million of these threads, but I'll jump in on this one.

Question: probably a '70s or late '60s movie, perhaps an anthology? One sequence has some Amish-type farmers during the late 1800s (I think) who discover a weird bottomless pit in a field. Smoke and odd lights and horrible sounds come from the pit, which the farmers surmise is an entryway to hell. I think people who look into it go crazy or have weird visions with lots of cheesy 'solarization-type' effects. It might be a 'true events' or 'unexplained mysteries' movie ...

Sorry, no help for the OP though. Some giallo probably, or the original Batman series? That had a cool phone in it ...

gmanca 12-02-08 11:30 PM

That's a Rod Serling compilation like Mysteries of the Unknown or something like that. It was on ABC in the late 70's or early 80's; I have it on tape I think.

Here is the thing I'm thinking of: Encounter with the Unknown It's from '73.

timten 12-03-08 12:37 AM

Mod Note: We don't allow personal attacks. Your stay here will be brief if you continue in this manner.

Dr Mabuse 12-03-08 02:06 AM

Well this guy's not gonna last long is he?

Anyone have a pacifier or some Thorazine for the new guy?

:lol:

filmerp 12-03-08 02:22 AM

Originally Posted by timten (Post 9107722)
yeah it was Batman.

nice signature... fucktard

guess you've accomplished your purpose in your sad, pathetic life.

some people have girlfriends... others are "Thread Stoppa's"

:wave:

Trevor 12-03-08 07:49 AM

Does anybody read the rules before joining/posting here?

DeputyDave 12-03-08 08:12 AM

Not to hyjack the thread but I was wondering if someone remembers that really cool picture of Joaquin Phoenix in armor giving the thumbs down? It said something across the bottom but I can't remember what.

Charlie Goose 12-03-08 08:23 AM

http://www.charliegoose.homestead.com/files/bye.gif

wendersfan 12-03-08 02:54 PM

<i>Mod note: personal attacks are not allowed here. If you want to continue with this style of posting your time here will be short.</i>

Kicker_of_Elves 12-03-08 03:03 PM

:lol:

Goat3001 12-03-08 03:05 PM

In his defense, his thread was hijacked. :shrug:

Kurtie Dee, this should be your new signature: 'some people have girlfriends... others are "Thread Stoppa's"'

Rypro 525 12-03-08 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by DeputyDave (Post 9108022)
Not to hyjack the thread but I was wondering if someone remembers that really cool picture of Joaquin Phoenix in armor giving the thumbs down? It said something across the bottom but I can't remember what.

this one?
http://www.forumspile.com/Ban-Roman.jpg

Larry C. 12-03-08 03:14 PM

Originally Posted by Goat3001 (Post 9109151)
In his defense, his thread was hijacked. :shrug:

Kurtie Dee, this should be your new signature: 'some people have girlfriends... others are "Thread Stoppa's"'

Yes but legally he is the "Thread Stoppa" its a disclaimer so he cannot be prosecuted.

Kurt D 12-03-08 03:48 PM

yeah it was Batman.

guess you've accomplished your purpose in your sad, pathetic life.

some people have girlfriends... others are "Thread Stoppa's"

Spoiler:
:blush:

Trevor 12-03-08 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by wendersfan (Post 9109108)
<i>Mod note: personal attacks are not allowed here. If you want to continue with this style of posting your time here will be short.</i>

Wow. The Christmas spirit got you wendersfan? I've seen people immediately banned for much much less.

You got a free down timten, go long!

rabbit77 02-03-10 07:57 PM

Re: Please help me identify this movie!

With all due respect to the OP (don't want to incur his wrath) I have another one.

Early 80's, some guy I think has supernatural powers, and with his power at the end of the movie which takes place at a prom, everyone's clothes gets ripped off unwillingly and they're all running around confused to this guy's satisfaction. I think a firehose gets involved with the shenanigans.

It's my earilest recollection of seeing naked people in a movie - I was maybe 6 or 7 at the time.

riotinmyskull 02-03-10 08:06 PM

Originally Posted by rabbit77 (Post 9980166)
With all due respect to the OP (don't want to incur his wrath) I have another one.

Early 80's, some guy I think has supernatural powers, and with his power at the end of the movie which takes place at a prom, everyone's clothes gets ripped off unwillingly and they're all running around confused to this guy's satisfaction. I think a firehose gets involved with the shenanigans.

It's my earilest recollection of seeing naked people in a movie - I was maybe 6 or 7 at the time.

zapped?

Drexl 02-03-10 08:29 PM

If it also happened to feature a stoned Scatman Crothers, talking to Einstein, riding a bike and being chased by his wife (who is decked out in a viking outfit) shooting sausages at him, it's definitely Zapped!.

Count Dooku 02-03-10 10:16 PM

http://vulcanstev.files.wordpress.co...520stewart.jpg

So in my film, I play a man who controls the world with his mind. For instance, I'm walking along, and I see this beautiful girl, and I think I'd like to see her naked, and so all her clothes fall off. And she's scrabbling around to get them back on again, but even before she can get her knickers on, I've seen everything. Yeah. I've seen it all.

Numanoid 02-03-10 11:20 PM

Originally Posted by Kurtie Dee (Post 9107644)
Question: probably a '70s or late '60s movie, perhaps an anthology? One sequence has some Amish-type farmers during the late 1800s (I think) who discover a weird bottomless pit in a field. Smoke and odd lights and horrible sounds come from the pit, which the farmers surmise is an entryway to hell. I think people who look into it go crazy or have weird visions with lots of cheesy 'solarization-type' effects. It might be a 'true events' or 'unexplained mysteries' movie ...

That haunted me for years as a kid! I used to lie in bed at night trying to imagine what they might have seen to drive them immediately crazy. Nice.

Cardsfan111 02-03-10 11:27 PM

One nice thing about this thread bump...I now know where Kurtie Dee got his signature.

whotony 02-04-10 01:51 AM

yes but what was the previous sig that the tim guy called a "nice sig"?

rabbit77 02-04-10 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by riotinmyskull (Post 9980178)
zapped?

Originally Posted by Drexl (Post 9980218)
If it also happened to feature a stoned Scatman Crothers, talking to Einstein, riding a bike and being chased by his wife (who is decked out in a viking outfit) shooting sausages at him, it's definitely Zapped!.

A million thanks - this has been ingrained within my psyche for probably 25 years now. I must see this now.