DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Movie Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk-17/)
-   -   Is The Missing from Ron Howard any good? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk/543774-missing-ron-howard-any-good.html)

Ram 11-15-08 04:00 PM

Is The Missing from Ron Howard any good?

5$ Dollars at WalMart

Dr Mabuse 11-15-08 04:22 PM

One of my 'regrets' of DVDs that I have bought. I payed $9 I think, I will never watch that movie again.

Almost amazing a movie with so much going for it the way of plot, cast, and budget could fail so miserably. Howard gets the credit for screwing this one up totally, he is very hit and miss.

By the end of the movie I couldn't have cared less what happened to any of the characters in the film. I was completely disengaged in every way and was just 'white knuckling' it to finish a DVD I payed money for.

Again it had so much going for it... hard to believe it sucked so badly.

For $5 bucks? Who knows that's what it would cost to rent it. Your call.

I wouldn't buy it.

iamiam 11-15-08 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by Dr Mabuse (Post 9074431)
One of my 'regrets' of DVDs that I have bought. I payed $9 I think, I will never watch that movie again.

Almost amazing a movie with so much going for it the way of plot, cast, and budget could fail so miserably. Howard gets the credit for screwing this one up totally, he is very hit and miss.

By the end of the movie I couldn't have cared less what happened to any of the characters in the film. I was completely disengaged in every way and was just 'white knuckling' it to finish a DVD I payed money for.

Again it had so much going for it... hard to believe it sucked so badly.

For $5 bucks? Who knows that's what it would cost to rent it. Your call.

I wouldn't buy it.

I saw this but can't recall too many specifics. You made me want to see it again now.

Rammsteinfan 11-15-08 05:56 PM

It was okay, i didnt hate it but when i bought it i found it hard to sit through again. I saw the Extended cut recently and thats really long and tough to sit through.

Larry C. 11-15-08 08:25 PM

No don't do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

riotinmyskull 11-15-08 08:48 PM

Originally Posted by Ram (Post 9074410)
5$ Dollars at WalMart

you should really consider a netflix account instead of asking us our opinion on every dvd in wal-mart's $5 bin

FinkPish 11-15-08 11:20 PM

Originally Posted by riotinmyskull (Post 9074711)
you should really consider a netflix account instead of asking us our opinion on every dvd in wal-mart's $5 bin

Seriously. These "Is ... any good?" threads are getting tiresome. Either check Rottentomatoes or any other review site if you want to get a mix of opinions quickly.

iamiam 11-15-08 11:31 PM

Originally Posted by riotinmyskull (Post 9074711)

Originally Posted by FinkPish (Post 9074932)
Seriously. These "Is ... any good?" threads are getting tiresome. Either check Rottentomatoes or any other review site if you want to get a mix of opinions quickly.

And yet, both of you clicked on the thread and bothered to post an answer that does not address the OP.:shrug::goodbye:

NoirFan 11-17-08 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by iamiam (Post 9074947)
And yet, both of you clicked on the thread and bothered to post an answer that does not address the OP.:shrug::goodbye:

They were just doing their part to discourage any further threads from the OP.

iamiam 11-17-08 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by NoirFan (Post 9078283)
They were just doing their part to discourage any further threads from the OP.

I think ignoring the thread is more effective as witnessed on many different boards.

d2cheer 11-17-08 08:45 PM

No it is not worth the $5 you would spend. Very slow and incoherent.

Not the best way to spend two hours....