Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

November 15 is Petula Clark's birthday!

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

November 15 is Petula Clark's birthday!

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-08, 05:01 AM
Suspended

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
She was in Toronto three years back and gave a 2 hour retrospective of her whole career. Halfway through, an old hippie came down from the rafters. He was Don Francks, her partner in Finian's Rainbow in 1968. I can't believe it hadn't been planned of course, but they sang their duets from that film just like they'd been doing that all their life. I don't even think the audience realized how historical that was, since they had mostly come to hear "Downtown" and the other hits.

Last edited by baracine; 11-08-08 at 06:55 PM.
Old 11-11-08, 12:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 696 Likes on 430 Posts
The other day I was peeing and while I was peeing I saw Petula Clark in my pee and then I stopped peeing and now mom says I got a kidney infection so I kicked her in the face, Petula Clark style.
Old 11-12-08, 09:58 AM
Suspended

Unfortunately, the following news item on The Spoof (http://www.thespoof.com/news/spoof.c...dline=s4i43438) is entirely fictitious:

Amy Winehouse "I'm A Fraud" sensation!

At a packed media conference this morning, Amy Winehouse, demure in a Laura Ashley print, admitted to a stunned press that she had "just pretended" to be the bad girl of rock.

"I can't take it anymore",the one time girlscout and head prefect whispered with tear filled eyes. "The whole thing was a put up job, I was schooled by Ossie Osborne at a secret location in Smethwick, it's been hard, but I just can't do it anymore".

After a short interval for green tea and gluten-free butterfly cakes the singer returned to mix amicably with the still stunned press pack.

In a quiet chat with our reporter Amy confessed to listening to Petula Clark records at home, and said her chief pleasure was playing with her Pussy, aptly named perhaps, Pussy.

Amy confirmed that she is in talks with Andrew LLoyd Webber regarding the Eurovision song contest 2009.

When asked to comment, her manager, a glassy eyed Edmund Scrote muttered,"Fuck me sideways, that's the new Ferrari down the crapper".
Old 01-13-09, 04:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Re: November 15 is Petula Clark's birthday!

I missed the birthday celebration, how did it go?
Old 01-13-11, 08:56 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 372 Likes on 266 Posts

I didn't mean to bump this exactly two years after the last post, but I stopped by Baracine's Youtube page figuring he would be all fired up over the Tucson shootings and instead saw this comment:

"Dear Baracine Youtube friends, I am sorry to announce Benoit suddenly died the 12th of november 2010 from a ruptured aneurysm.
A ceremony took place in december near Montreal, with his family members.
My loved uncle, rest in peace"

Figured I would pass along news about a (former) poster. Weird that he died just a few days before Petula's Clark's 78th birthday.
Old 01-13-11, 09:19 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Whoa... baracine
Old 01-13-11, 09:33 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I hope he was able to watch The Mummy Returns one last time...
Old 01-13-11, 09:41 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

That sucks. I remember this thread was it was yesterday. Now I'm depressed for both his death and the passage of time. RIP.

Last edited by BJacks; 01-13-11 at 01:29 PM.
Old 01-13-11, 11:59 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3,197 Likes on 2,064 Posts

Too bad. Baracine was one of only 2 members I've ever considered ignoring but it's still a shame that he died.

Too bad he passed before the 3rd Batman movie was released. I know he really enjoyed The Dark Knight.
Old 01-13-11, 12:48 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 146 Likes on 93 Posts

He must have passed rather late in the day, as a quick Google search for "baracine" yielded this result:

http://forum.bodybuildingpro.com/member.php?u=10387

Last Activity: 11-12-2010 10:35 PM
I can only hope that, when it's my time to go, my last posts are not in a gay bodybuilder nude photo thread of my own creation.
Old 01-13-11, 02:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 372 Likes on 266 Posts

Originally Posted by printerati
He must have passed rather late in the day, as a quick Google search for "baracine" yielded this result:

http://forum.bodybuildingpro.com/member.php?u=10387

I can only hope that, when it's my time to go, my last posts are not in a gay bodybuilder nude photo thread of my own creation.
Hope in one hand and hold nude bodybuilders in the other and see which one fills up first.