DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Movie Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk-17/)
-   -   How do you rank all the Star Wars movies/cartoons/shows? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk/542555-how-do-you-rank-all-star-wars-movies-cartoons-shows.html)

toddly6666 10-29-08 12:01 AM

How do you rank all the Star Wars movies/cartoons/shows?

So now that there are quite a bunch of Star Wars movies/shows, how do you rank them from best to worst?

1. Return of the Jedi
2. Empire Strikes Back
3. A New Hope
4. Clone Wars Series 2003
5. Clone Wars Movie 2008
6. Clone Wars Series 2008
7. Attack of the Clones
8. Revenge of the Sith
9. The Phantom Menace
10. Droids
11. Ewoks

hasslein 10-29-08 12:25 AM

1. A New Hope, Original Version
2. Sith
3. Empire
4. Phantom
5. Jedi
6. Star Wars Holiday Special
7. Droids
8. AOTC * unless its the IMAX edit, then it moves up ahead of Jedi
9. Clone Wars Movie
10. Clone Wars Series 2008
11. Battle Endor
12. Clone Wars Series 2003
13. Ewoks
14. Ewok Adventure

Rockmjd23 10-29-08 12:36 AM

1. Empire
2. Star Wars
3. Jedi
4. Sith
5. Clones
6. Phantom Menace
7. Everything else.

Boba Fett 10-29-08 12:43 AM

1.) ESB
2.) ANH
3.) ROTJ
4.) ROTS
5.) AOTC
6.) TPM
7.) CLONE WARS (original series)
8.) DROIDS
9.) EWOKS
10.) HOLIDAY SPECIAL
11.) BATTLE FOR ENDOR
12.) EWOK ADVENUTRE

Haven't bothered to see Clone Wars movie or the new series.

hasslein 10-29-08 01:14 AM

Originally Posted by Rockmjd23 (Post 9035514)
7. Everything else.

I almost put that my #2.

Moonstone 10-29-08 02:49 AM

The Star Wars Trilogy (you know which ones it represents).

Everything else.

MaxMFP 10-29-08 06:22 AM

1.) The Empire Strikes Back, Original Version
2.) Star Wars, Original Version
3.) Return of the Jedi, Original Version

The rest can burn in hell.

Anubis2005X 10-29-08 06:48 AM

1. Empire
2. Star Wars
3. Jedi
4. Sith
5. Clones
6. Phantom Menace
7. Everything else.

:up:

Trevor 10-29-08 07:28 AM

Originally Posted by MaxMFP (Post 9035648)

The rest can burn in hell.

This is the answer of course.

Those three I'd rate from A- down to B-. The rest are no better than D+.

MaxMFP 10-29-08 07:28 AM

I can't believe some are actually rating Attack of the Clones ahead of TPM. Menace was a monstrous disappointment, but Clones is the worst fucking Star Wars film ever made. Hardly anything in that half-assed, ILM circle jerk, piece of shit movie works. The acting sucks. The writing is an abomination of human endeavor:

"From the moment I met you, all those years ago, a day has not gone by when I haven't thought of you. And now that I am close to you again, I am in agony. The closer I get to you, the worse it gets. The thought of not being with you makes my stomach turn over - my mouth goes dry. I feel dizzy. I cannot breathe. I am haunted by the kiss you should never have given me. My heart is beating, hoping that kiss will not become a scar. You are in my very soul. Tormenting me. What can I do? I will do anything you ask... "

I've passed kidney stones that were less painful than having to suffer through dialogue this wretched and Godawful. If this is Lucas' idea of romantic pleading it's no wonder his wife divorced his ass and left him to play with his toys for the rest of his life.

toddly6666 10-29-08 08:48 AM

Originally Posted by MaxMFP (Post 9035711)
I can't believe some are actually rating Attack of the Clones ahead of TPM. Menace was a monstrous disappointment, but Clones is the worst fucking Star Wars film ever made. Hardly anything in that half-assed, ILM circle jerk, piece of shit movie works. The acting sucks. The writing is an abomination of human endeavor:

"From the moment I met you, all those years ago, a day has not gone by when I haven't thought of you. And now that I am close to you again, I am in agony. The closer I get to you, the worse it gets. The thought of not being with you makes my stomach turn over - my mouth goes dry. I feel dizzy. I cannot breathe. I am haunted by the kiss you should never have given me. My heart is beating, hoping that kiss will not become a scar. You are in my very soul. Tormenting me. What can I do? I will do anything you ask... "

I've passed kidney stones that were less painful than having to suffer through dialogue this wretched and Godawful. If this is Lucas' idea of romantic pleading it's no wonder his wife divorced his ass and left him to play with his toys for the rest of his life.

I understand your pain, but I'll take awkward romance writing in AOTC over Jar Jar, the endless video game racing scene, and the awful acting of Jake Lloyd. As much as I love Darth Maul, I though that Attack of the Clones has slightly a bit more to offer - Jango vs. Obi in the rain, yoda fighting, Dooku vs. Anakin. And AOTC has the most balanced pace of the prequels - Menace was a bore (except for Darth Maul scenes) and Revenge of the Sith was just too sudden with Anakin's change to evil.

Either way, all the prequels are pretty bad - I just thought that Attack of the Clones is the least video gamey...

Charlie Goose 10-29-08 08:51 AM

Originally Posted by MaxMFP (Post 9035648)

This is the way I rank these three. Never saw any of the others.

Trevor 10-29-08 09:36 AM

Originally Posted by Charlie Goose (Post 9035907)
Never saw any of the others.

I envy you. Don't change. Seeing any of them will just suck most of the joy of the original trilogy from you.

Snowmaker 10-29-08 09:51 AM

Originally Posted by Boba Fett (Post 9035522)
1.) ESB
2.) ANH
3.) ROTJ
4.) ROTS
5.) AOTC
6.) TPM
7.) CLONE WARS (original series)
8.) DROIDS
9.) EWOKS
10.) HOLIDAY SPECIAL
11.) BATTLE FOR ENDOR
12.) EWOK ADVENUTRE

Haven't bothered to see Clone Wars movie or the new series.

I pretty much agree with this list, unless you add the Rifftrax commentary to the Holiday Special, then I'd move it up to # 5 or 6. :D

cactusoly 10-29-08 10:42 AM

1) Empire Strikes Back
2) Revenge of The Sith
3) A New Hope
4) Attack of the Clones
5) Return of The Jedi
6) Clone Wars (Original)
7) Phantom Menace
8) Clone Wars (new)
9) Boba Fett Short from Holiday Special
10) Droids
11) Ewoks
12) Ewok Adventure
13) Ewoks Battle for Endor
14) rest of The Holiday Special

chris_sc77 10-29-08 11:00 AM

1. Empire
2. Star Wars
3. Jedi
4. Sith
5. Clones
6. Phantom Menace
7. Everything else.

Same here. Although I might give The Holiday Special 7th lace and 8th place would be everything else. The Holiday Special really is SO BAD its good. Or at least SO BAD it is something one cannot divert their eyes from.

Supermallet 10-29-08 12:14 PM

Empire Strikes Back
A New Hope
Everything Else

superdeluxe 10-29-08 01:24 PM

I liked battle of endor.

Nothing beats furry teddy bears beating up on scary monsters lol

coli 10-29-08 01:53 PM

1. Star Wars (original version) I don't know anyone who ever called it A New Hope.

2. Empire (original version) The version where Vader says, "Bring my shuttle!"

3. Jedi (original version) The version with Sebastian Shaw, not that prick Hayden Christensen standing next to an icon like Alec Guiness

I have yet to meet anyone outside the internet who actually thinks Jedi is better then Star Wars or Empire, as everyone I know now and grew up with always ranked it as #3 from the Original Trilogy. As for the Prequels & Special Editions, they are like Fredo Corleone....dead to me.

Double_Oh_7 10-29-08 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by MaxMFP (Post 9035711)

What's lamer: the bad writing, or someone who knows the bad writing by heart.

Mountain Biker 10-29-08 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by coli (Post 9036676)
1. Star Wars (original version) I don't know anyone who ever called it A New Hope.

Yeah I find it rather annyoing when people refer to it as "A New Hope". It will always be just "Star Wars" to me...

1. The Empire Strikes Back (1980)
2. Star Wars (1977)
3. Return of the Jedi (1983)

GuessWho 10-29-08 02:50 PM

I find it rather annoying when people put a year next to each film... as if we don't know.

MaxMFP 10-29-08 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by Double_Oh_7 (Post 9036727)
What's lamer: the bad writing, or someone who knows the bad writing by heart.

I don't know the bad writing by heart. I copy and pasted the monologue.

http://yogan.meinungsverstaerker.de/..._Epic_Fail.jpg

pinata242 10-29-08 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by MaxMFP (Post 9036963)
I don't know the bad writing by heart. I copy and pasted the monologue.

Was that actually said in AotC? I can't remember that at all.

I don't hate the movie, but haven't seen it in a few years.

Edit:
http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p...nandanakin.jpg

Wow, I guess it was. I've obviously blocked that out :lol: AND I saw the movie 3 times opening day.

Darth Maher 10-29-08 03:56 PM

1. Empire
2. Star Wars
3. Jedi
4. Sith
5. Clones
6. Phantom Menace
7. Everything else.

^ Yeah, what he said.