Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Yogi Bear: the Movie

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Yogi Bear: the Movie

Old 12-05-10, 12:50 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: Yogi Bear: the Movie

Maybe I'm insane but I did chuckle at one of the trailers. The Ranger tells Yogi he isn't to steal picnic baskets. Yogi says his flying machine isn't for that purpose. The Ranger points to a sign on the back that says something like "Basket Nabber 2000". Still won't go see it in the theaters but that part seemed funny.
Old 12-05-10, 12:52 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This looks very terrible...yeah I'll rent it.
Old 12-05-10, 01:12 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

This looks nothing like the cartoon. It's insulting. This doesn't even look like a decent family film on it's own merits either; it just looks like a horrible film all around.
Old 12-05-10, 03:52 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 141 Likes on 106 Posts

There's not even a bad guy in this movie is there? Not that it makes these cartoon movies any better, but isn't that the general formula? Cartoon character is introduced to us and to the "main human", bad guy who was never seen in the show arrives, etc.

Or is it literally just about stealing picnic baskets, and the ranger finding a love interest? Also I noticed that they called it "Jellystone Park" instead of "Jellystone National Park"...I wonder why that is. I also wonder why I want to know.

And just how far off are we from a Rocky & Bullwinkle reboot? That movie was ahead of its time...in a bad way.
Old 12-05-10, 04:24 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by resinrats View Post
The Ranger tells Yogi he isn't to steal picnic baskets. Yogi says his flying machine isn't for that purpose. The Ranger points to a sign on the back that says something like "Basket Nabber 2000".
lol classic Yogi. Love it.
Old 12-05-10, 10:32 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by resinrats View Post
Maybe I'm insane but I did chuckle at one of the trailers. The Ranger tells Yogi he isn't to steal picnic baskets. Yogi says his flying machine isn't for that purpose. The Ranger points to a sign on the back that says something like "Basket Nabber 2000". Still won't go see it in the theaters but that part seemed funny.
Yeah, I actually thought that was pretty funny. But, that was the only time I laughed during the trailer.

Originally Posted by bluetoast View Post
Or is it literally just about stealing picnic baskets, and the ranger finding a love interest? Also I noticed that they called it "Jellystone Park" instead of "Jellystone National Park"...I wonder why that is. I also wonder why I want to know.
Old 12-05-10, 10:45 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by bluetoast View Post
There's not even a bad guy in this movie is there? Not that it makes these cartoon movies any better, but isn't that the general formula? Cartoon character is introduced to us and to the "main human", bad guy who was never seen in the show arrives, etc.
Andy Daly is the bad guy, but I only know that because T.J. Miller was a guest on Doug Benson's podcast, "Doug Love Movies," and they were both making fun of the movie. Daly probably plays a land developer, or something.
Old 12-05-10, 11:04 AM
DVD Talk Legend

It can't be any worse than Garfield or Marmaduke. Can it?
Old 12-07-10, 01:29 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

maybe I might to see this one too.
Old 12-07-10, 03:00 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by GenPion View Post
This looks nothing like the cartoon. It's insulting. This doesn't even look like a decent family film on it's own merits either; it just looks like a horrible film all around.
hahahahhhahahahahahaha...

even a shit family film is a great family film. As long as it entertains the kids..it's a masterpiece.
Old 12-07-10, 10:09 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 190 Likes on 136 Posts

Originally Posted by Solid Snake PAC View Post

even a shit family film is a great family film. As long as it entertains the kids..it's a masterpiece.
^^^

Agree. Everyone I see trailers for shit movies like this, I have to keep telling myself "It's not for me....it's not for me." But MAN does this look abysmal. It's this year's "Alvin and the Chipmunks". I can't wait for a "Woody Woodpecker" film one day.
Old 12-08-10, 11:49 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

This honestly looks like the worst film of the decade, easily. The trailers almost look lke they're trying to be as insultingly bad as possible. I weep for anyone who takes their kids to see this. If I had a memory of my parents taking me to see this, I'd punch them later in life.
Old 12-09-10, 04:59 PM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by MrSmearkase View Post
Andy Daly is the bad guy, but I only know that because T.J. Miller was a guest on Doug Benson's podcast, "Doug Love Movies," and they were both making fun of the movie. Daly probably plays a land developer, or something.
What, did David Cross finally pay off his cottage?
Old 12-09-10, 05:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 131 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by Solid Snake PAC View Post

Sadly, that's the only thing that matters to the audience members who are actually paying to see this one. They're off on Christmas Break, they have no idea what to do with the kids, so if they have to shell out $50+ to keep them quiet for an hour and a half with a crap movie, so be it.
Old 12-09-10, 05:44 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

There's a bit in the new Yogi Bear tv spot that's classic Yogi, when they're "flying" the Basket Nabber 3000.

If there's more funny stuff that they aren't showing, it looks to be at least a decent movie.
Old 12-09-10, 07:09 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by DRG View Post
What, did David Cross finally pay off his cottage?
Well played, sir. Well played.
Old 12-11-10, 09:18 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

While this movie definitely isn't anything amazing, its no where near as bad as the trailer makes you believe (or at least I didn't think so, I had super low expectations going in).
Old 12-12-10, 01:27 AM

Originally Posted by HyperWeather View Post
While this movie definitely isn't anything amazing, its no where near as bad as the trailer makes you believe (or at least I didn't think so, I had super low expectations going in).
I also thought it wasn't as bad as the trailers make it look. Sure it had some pretty bad jokes, and the human acting was awful for the most part, but it wasn't anywhere near awful. For what it was I give it a C.
Old 12-12-10, 03:46 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

If you thought the trailers looked bad, why did you even bother to see it.
Old 12-12-10, 04:35 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Eric D. View Post
If you thought the trailers looked bad, why did you even bother to see it.
Mainly because I had free screening tickets... but had some family that was visiting over the weekend with little kids.
Old 12-13-10, 08:42 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Dr. DVD View Post
Sadly, that's the only thing that matters to the audience members who are actually paying to see this one. They're off on Christmas Break, they have no idea what to do with the kids, so if they have to shell out $50+ to keep them quiet for an hour and a half with a crap movie, so be it.
Seems to me a couple of horse tranquilizers would be a lot cheaper. And parents wouldn't have to sit through a shitty movie.

Originally Posted by HyperWeather View Post
NOTHING could be as bad as the trailer made me believe.
Old 12-13-10, 03:18 PM
DVD Talk Hero

not mine, a few people on twitter pointed it out, but i would see the movie if it had this
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/m6w0r-ScEG4?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/m6w0r-ScEG4?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>
Old 12-13-10, 04:01 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Man, that was awesome. Could have done with a little blood splatter though. Loved the reflection of the cartoon in his eyes.
Old 12-13-10, 07:35 PM

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Rypro 525 View Post
not mine, a few people on twitter pointed it out, but i would see the movie if it had this
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/m6w0r-ScEG4?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/m6w0r-ScEG4?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Brilliant!!!! I only wish that everyone who sees this understands what it spoofing
Old 12-13-10, 08:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 162 Likes on 124 Posts

Originally Posted by Rypro 525 View Post
Fuck. That is amazing.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2022 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.