Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Help me name these 2 horror/sci-fi movies!!!

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Old 09-25-08, 03:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wasn't sure if this topic could be placed here but if anyone comes up with the names of these 2 movies it could mean 2 Halloween recomendations for DVD purchases. I saw these 2 movies on sat. afternoon tv back in the 80's and would love to figure out what they are. I have a pretty good working knowledge of movies of all types but I'm just going on bits and pieces of memory. Here's what I got......

1. Sci-fi alien movie. No real aliens per-se but it is a movie from maybe the 60's-early 80's. Located in the dusty desert mountain area. There is maybe an audio tower and something that makes high pitched noises at night and flashing lights. Some craft maybe visits this site. Might be capturing people. Might be something that has to do with something flashing and blinking on the mountain. Really moody atmospheric movie, not much happening but def suspense.

2. Santanic cult movie--grainy 60's-early 80's. Small town maybe. Grabbed a young girl or boy out of a window of their house, either killed them or took them back to their hive. Taking over the town. Not the movie with Ernest Borgnine. Ummmm this one I don't have much to go on. Could be an episode of a tv show, but I'm 99.9% sure it's a movie. I might remember more about this one as time goes on
Old 09-25-08, 03:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Soon to be moved to Movie Talk.
Old 09-25-08, 04:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Second one sounds like Brotherhood of Satan (1971).
Old 09-25-08, 04:42 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

1. sounds just like CEot3K, but I'm sure that's not it.
Old 09-26-08, 02:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Is #1 This Island Earth?
Old 09-26-08, 05:09 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

The Thing