DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Movie Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk-17/)
-   -   Point Break (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk/540144-point-break.html)

Ram 09-21-08 06:53 PM

Point Break

What do you guys think of this movie?

Rival11 09-21-08 07:05 PM

Point Break huh? There's this amazing moment in Point Break where Keanu is about to shoot Patrick Sawyze but he loves him sooo much that he can't and ends up pointing his gun in the air, fires it and goes ahhhhh!!! You ever point a gun in the air, fire it and go ahhhhh?

visitor Q 09-21-08 07:31 PM

"Surfing's the source man... swear to God."

"Listen you snot-nose little shit, I was takin' shrapnel in Khe Sanh when you were crappin' in your hands and rubbin' it on your face.

FRwL 09-21-08 07:35 PM

Hahahah!!! this calvin and hobbes is funny!

DVDtotalfreal 09-21-08 09:06 PM

Point Break is one of my favorite Patrick Swayze movies!! Love it !!

JOE29 09-21-08 09:55 PM

Point Break is a great movie. One of Swayze's best.
On the special features they said Swayze was in the best shape of his life while doing this movie. It's sad to see him come down with cancer now.

Michael T Hudson 09-21-08 10:03 PM

:lol: Loved it.

McHawkson 09-21-08 10:57 PM

17 years too late.

Cardsfan111 09-21-08 10:58 PM

^ The first thing I checked was to see if a thread had been bumped. :lol:

NoirFan 09-21-08 11:05 PM

Originally Posted by Rival11 (Post 8953651)
Point Break huh? There's this amazing moment in Point Break where Keanu is about to shoot Patrick Sawyze but he loves him sooo much that he can't and ends up pointing his gun in the air, fires it and goes ahhhhh!!! You ever point a gun in the air, fire it and go ahhhhh?

Watching Point Break, I felt like pointing a gun at the screen, firing it and going ahhhhh!!!

fumanstan 09-21-08 11:45 PM

Point Break is great :up:

Mountain Biker 09-21-08 11:52 PM

Point Break never gets old - very entertaining & an all-time favorite.

"Utah! Get me two!"

Busey owns.

jiffy97 09-21-08 11:54 PM

"I am an F B I Agent!"

nickdawgy 09-22-08 02:44 AM

Originally Posted by jiffy97 (Post 8954168)
"I am an F B I Agent!"

No, no, no.

"I AM AN EFF BEE EYE AGENT!!!"

MScottM 09-22-08 08:36 AM

THe ending made me laugh. He has him on the beach and is about to arrest him when Swayze says something like "you owe me man" to let him surf the big waves. How does he owe him? Swayze shot his partner, kidnapped his girl and made him jump out of a plane with no parachute and he thinks he owe him? I would have kneecapped Swayze and laughed at him while they were taking him to jail. And I would have taken his board and surfed the waves.

bunkaroo 09-22-08 08:46 AM

Still a great 80's-style action flick, even if it came out in the early 90's. Terrible line deliveries aside, I still found this pretty entertaining when I watched the Blu-Ray last month.

But for the record, Road House is the superior Swayze film. :)

Charlie Goose 09-22-08 09:00 AM

A terrific action flick with lots of laughs, many unintentional due to the negative talent of Keanu Reeves.

Much ass is kicked by this movie.

Hiro11 09-22-08 11:20 AM

Utah... get me two!

Reasons I like Point Break:

- It's a macho male fantasy that's completely ridiculous from almost all aspects
- Gary Busey completely hamming it up
- Lori Petty pretending to be straight and completely failing
- Anthony Kiedis shooting himself in the foot
- The tense scene in the airplane just before Bohdi jumps out is actually pretty damned good.
- The fact that we're supposed to take some guy with David St Hubbins' hair and the name of "Bodhi" seriously
- Best foot chase ever?

bunkaroo 09-22-08 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by Hiro11 (Post 8954804)
Utah... get me two!

Reasons I like Point Break:

- It's a macho male fantasy that's completely ridiculous from almost all aspects
- Gary Busey completely hamming it up
- Lori Petty pretending to be straight and completely failing
- Anthony Kiedis shooting himself in the foot
- The tense scene in the airplane just before Bohdi jumps out is actually pretty damned good.
- The fact that we're supposed to take some guy with David St Hubbins' hair and the name of "Bodhi" seriously
- Best foot chase ever?

And directed by a woman no less! :)

EdTheRipper 09-22-08 05:08 PM

One of my favorites.

Dr Mabuse 09-22-08 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by Rival11 (Post 8953651)

Originally Posted by NoirFan (Post 8954111)
Watching Point Break, I felt like pointing a gun at the screen, firing it and going ahhhhh!!!

:lol:

The difference between someone saying "I think you're stupid" and someone making a film like 'Point Break' is: coming right out and saying "I think you're stupid" is more direct and it saves a lot of time and money.

GoldenJCJ 09-22-08 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by MScottM (Post 8954440)
THe ending made me laugh. He has him on the beach and is about to arrest him when Swayze says something like "you owe me man" to let him surf the big waves. How does he owe him? Swayze shot his partner, kidnapped his girl and made him jump out of a plane with no parachute and he thinks he owe him? I would have kneecapped Swayze and laughed at him while they were taking him to jail. And I would have taken his board and surfed the waves.

But Bodhi taught Utah to live life to the extreme, man!

Cornelius1047 09-22-08 10:38 PM

If they could remake this and replace "surfing" with, I don't know, "street racing", I might have enjoyed this more. Or, you know, still rather have jumped out of a plane sans parachute. But that's just me.

K

thegame370 09-22-08 10:39 PM

One of my fav films ever! Just a great film, from the dead president bank robbers, the awesome foot chase, crazy Garey Busey, awesome Swayze, cool Keanu to just some good ol fun this movie provides. It's almost impossible now and days to make movies as simple as this one and yet have it be so entertaining, quotable and unforgetable.