DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Movie Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk-17/)
-   -   Most Overrated Pixar Movie (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk/540056-most-overrated-pixar-movie.html)

abe55 09-19-08 11:56 PM

Most Overrated Pixar Movie

Is there a Pixar Film that you feel gets too much praise? Or do you think all of them deserve the praise they get? (And yes, Cars did get good reviews)

Sonny Corinthos 09-19-08 11:59 PM

Cars gets my vote. My wife and I stopped watching after about 30 minutes into it. We have enjoyed every Pixar movie but that one.

abe55 09-20-08 12:00 AM

crap. I forgot to click "show who votes".

Cardsfan111 09-20-08 12:01 AM

I'm tempted to say none of them are overrated, but I'll go with Ratatouille. I've enjoyed all the movies listed, including that one. But it may be my least favorite and it's ranked in imdb's top 250.

Arthur Dent 09-20-08 12:06 AM

Hard choice between A Bug's Life and Finding Nemo. I'll go Bug's Life.

ETA: Actually, Nemo gets more respect than A Bug's Life, and it's disproportionate to their respective qualities. So I vote Nemo.

McHawkson 09-20-08 12:09 AM

I think Finding Nemo is grossly overrated - it bored me to death. I picked Finding Nemo because it's really overrated - however, they're somewhat better than Cars. My bottom rank of Pixar movies (I haven't seen Wall-E, yet):

7. A Bugs Life
8. Finding Nemo
9. Cars

calhoun07 09-20-08 12:16 AM

Wall-E. Beautiful animation, but it dropped the ball on compelling story telling and there's only so much I can take of the two robots constantly going "WALLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE" and "EVAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA" for 90 minutes.

Christ, the movie sucked. The most disappointing overrated movie I've seen since Juno.

emachine 09-20-08 12:40 AM

Toy Story 2. It was a boring rehash of the original, and the jokes were way too cheesy. Oh, and I couldn't stand that cowgirl.

hardercore 09-20-08 01:39 AM

Relative to how well it's regarded, I'd probably say the original Toy Story. The sequel worked better in almost every way for me. Cars is the most underrated.

fumanstan 09-20-08 01:43 AM

Considering people seem to frequently voice their displeasure for Cars, I can't see how that's overrated.

I voted for Nemo. I just didn't care as much for the relationships in it.

RobCA 09-20-08 02:42 AM

I had to go with The Incredibles, since I thought it was boring as hell. It did get pretty good toward the end, but overall, it's extremely overrated, IMO.

BTW, I haven't seen the last three films listed in the poll.

Rob

poster mayhem 09-20-08 02:58 AM

I went with Nemo, never have cared for it.

Am I the only one that thinks it's weird that people aren't just posting comments, but they're posting that they haven't seen many of the films in the list?

How can they give a fair polling without seeing the others?

bdshort 09-20-08 04:37 AM

I voted that none of them were overrated, as I've generally agreed with the popular consensus, i.e. A Bug's Life and Cars are some of the weaker ones and Nemo, Ratatoullie, etc are some of the best. If I had been forced to make a choice, I'd say The Incredibles, only because it's not my #1 most favorite Pixar movie like it seems to be for a LOT of people think it's the best one. My favorite is Ratatoullie.

Trevor 09-20-08 05:59 AM

I haven't seen all of Cars yet, but love every other Pixar movie except for one.

Wall-E was absolute crud.

And I really loved every other film, I mean completely adored them. Was completely shocked at how awful Wall-E was in comparison to their other films. I know I'm in a minority, but it really was crappy.

TomOpus 09-20-08 08:13 AM

I love 'em all and will continue to support Pixar's efforts. :up:

argh923 09-20-08 08:16 AM

Definitely The Incredibles...bored me to tears.

chris_sc77 09-20-08 08:57 AM

EVERY Pixar movie is overrated. At least the four I have seen I found to be incredibly overrated. A bug's life sucks the most though so I have to go for that one being the most overrated.

JohnSlider 09-20-08 08:58 AM

None of them are overrated.

tofu 09-20-08 10:06 AM

Originally Posted by abrg923 (Post 8951129)

I couldn't agree more. Additionally, that was probably the first Pixar movie that actually disappointed me after I expected so much from the trailer.

tommyp007 09-20-08 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by emachine (Post 8950936)
Toy Story 2. It was a boring rehash of the original, and the jokes were way too cheesy. Oh, and I couldn't stand that cowgirl.

this

RyoHazuki 09-20-08 01:48 PM

Nemo or Wall-E although people seemed to catch Wall-E's bullshit more than Nemo.

I vote Nemo.

movielib 09-20-08 02:16 PM

I would have said none of them are overrated... until Wall-E.

PopcornTreeCt 09-20-08 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by abrg923 (Post 8951129)

:up:

I know on this forum it was voted the favorite, but wow.

Doughboy 09-20-08 04:07 PM

A Bug's Life. I hated that movie, yet somehow it got great reviews from critics and audiences alike.

FantasticVSDoom 09-20-08 04:29 PM

I voted none, but Im not as big on Wall-E as most are, even though I did enjoy it, hence the reason I voted for none... I actually preferred Kung-Fu Panda to it.