Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Tooth Fairy, a.k.a. Let's Further Undermine Dwayne Johnson's Street Cred (2009)

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Tooth Fairy, a.k.a. Let's Further Undermine Dwayne Johnson's Street Cred (2009)

Old 10-02-09, 08:18 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer/Moderator

Location: Formerly known as L. Ron zyzzle - On a cloud of Judgement
Received 1,821 Likes on 1,222 Posts
Re: Tooth Fairy, a.k.a. Let's Further Undermine Dwayne Johnson's Street Cred (2009)

Johnson's had his eyes wide open this whole time, and his career is very self-directed (if iI can trust an interview with him from EW a couple years ago).

He seems pretty cool to me, just wants to make a bunch of money and be seen as a good guy. I thought he was the best part of Be Cool (I know, not saying much) and have nothing but respect for him, even if the movies stink sometimes.

It's not like he's Steve Martin, throwing away a fantastic comedy career to make complete crap on a yearly basis. Or Eddie Murphy. Or ...
Old 10-04-09, 10:56 AM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
Re: Tooth Fairy, a.k.a. Let's Further Undermine Dwayne Johnson's Street Cred (2009)

saw the traier for this before 'Invention of Lying' didn't impress me in the slightest - it looks insanely dumb.
Old 10-04-09, 12:02 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like Dwayne Johnson, he seems like a cool dude, and I like the Rundown, Scorpion King and he was the best part in Be Cool. Though his Family movies aren't that good, though there were some funny parts in The Gameplan, mainly what was shown in the trailer. This movie though looks pretty bad and the visual effects look awful.
Old 10-04-09, 12:16 PM
Banned by request

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I can't believe no one mentioned that this film co-stars Stephen Merchant, co-creator of The Office and Extras. Apparently the studio liked the pairing of Merchant and Johnson so much that immediately after seeing a cut of this film, they began putting together ideas for more movies for the pair to act in together.
Old 10-04-09, 12:57 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 189 Likes on 127 Posts

He followed directly in Hogan's shoes....Pink tutu and all.
Old 10-04-09, 01:15 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It's funny I watched that trailer and could see substituting Vince Vaughn and it would be the same thing.
Old 10-04-09, 07:02 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the kind of stuff that makes the world hate the U.S. more and more.
They should, this is just beyond pathetic.

I actually just seen the trailer at the theatre yesterday and at first thought (hoped) it was a joke trailer. My wife and I were just amazed at this.

We had many questions.

This was actually a script?
Someone thought they should try to have this made??
Someone Thought it COULD actually be a movie???
Someone AGREED with this bozo????
Who sold their Soul for THIS to be made?

I hope anyone who sees it has their eyes burned out. Kids, parents, dogs, goldfish, I dont care who it is, they deserve to be maimed for giving these bastards money!!
Old 10-04-09, 07:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 220 Likes on 176 Posts

I didn't watch the trailer, so I don't know how this movie is turning out. However, I do like Johnson, and hope that he starts taking on less kiddie roles. If that's his choice, though, he doesn't do a bad job.
Old 10-04-09, 07:43 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am actually one of the few that loved him in Southland Tales

Also didn't he make a shit load of money in WWE too?
Old 10-04-09, 07:47 PM
Needs to Contact Admin about multiple accounts

Whilst I agree that his choice in movies isn't exactly the best, to me he somehow still has some screen charisma that usually makes his movies bearable. I mean I thought that 'Gridiron Gang' and 'Race....' were both watchable.

I guess sometimes I just take the movies for what they are and don't expect too much then I'm not let down at the end.

So, yes this will admittedly probably end up on my Netflix queue somewhere down the line.
Old 10-04-09, 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by DVDMagic
Whilst I agree that his choice in movies isn't exactly the best, to me he somehow still has some screen charisma that usually makes his movies bearable. I mean I thought that 'Gridiron Gang' and 'Race....' were both watchable.

I guess sometimes I just take the movies for what they are and don't expect too much then I'm not let down at the end.

So, yes this will admittedly probably end up on my Netflix queue somewhere down the line.
i forgot about race to witch mountain, I did like that movie.
Old 10-05-09, 12:43 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 622 Likes on 480 Posts

I also like Race To Witch Mountain. So not all his family films are bad.

I just want him to make another movie like The Rundown. And, yes, he was the best part of Be Cool.
Old 10-05-09, 10:38 PM
g
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 85 Likes on 43 Posts

I saw this trailer in front of invention of lying too. This really was the worst trailer that I have seen in as long as I could remember. The only redeeming part of it was Billy Crystal. The Rock really likes a payday or why else would he be caught in this awful tripe.
Old 10-05-09, 10:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 220 Likes on 176 Posts

Originally Posted by g
I saw this trailer in front of invention of lying too. This really was the worst trailer that I have seen in as long as I could remember. The only redeeming part of it was Billy Crystal. The Rock really likes a payday or why else would he be caught in this awful tripe.
He's having fun? I'm guessing that my job is far less enjoyable than what he's doing.