Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Solitary Man (Koppelman/Levien,2009):Michael Douglas as sex addict w/Sarandon, DeVito

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Solitary Man (Koppelman/Levien,2009):Michael Douglas as sex addict w/Sarandon, DeVito

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-08, 10:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

From Variety:
Millennium Films has set Michael Douglas to play a car magnate with a runaway libido in "Solitary Man." Susan Sarandon, Danny DeVito and Jenna Fischer are in talks to co-star. Brian Koppelman and David Levien are directing a script written by Koppelman. Production begins in November in New York. Douglas plays a former owner of a car dealership chain whose career and marriage were destroyed by his business and romantic indiscretions. Paul Schiff and Steven Soderbergh are producing. Avi Lerner, Danny Dimbort, Trevor Short, Moshe Diamant and Joe Gatta are exec producers.
Didn't Michael Douglas have a real life battle with sex addiction at one point?
Old 09-17-08, 10:21 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The thought of seeing Michael Douglas bang Jenna Fischer is well...disgusting.
Old 09-17-08, 10:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by PopcornTreeCt
The thought of seeing Michael Douglas bang Jenna Fischer is well...disgusting.
Just imagine he's banging Catherine Zeta-Jones instead.
Old 09-17-08, 11:41 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Hopefully we'll get some more Sarandon nudity before she falls off the milf map.
Old 09-11-10, 06:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 290 Likes on 211 Posts
Re: Solitary Man (Koppelman/Levien,2009):Michael Douglas as sex addict w/Sarandon, De

Just saw this via Netflix and I loved it. The acting was terrific all around. Douglas turns in an award worthy performance. Too bad no one saw it and this film will long be forgotten come awards season.
Old 09-11-10, 07:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Re: Solitary Man (Koppelman/Levien,2009):Michael Douglas as sex addict w/Sarandon, De

I had forgotten I had even made a thread for it!
Old 09-16-10, 11:28 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Got this from Netflix today and just finished watching it. Really liked it. Micheal Douglas was excellent, but the whole cast really gave great performances. Love Jenna Fischer
Old 01-13-11, 03:16 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

I just watched this on Netflix Instant Streaming, great movie. Michael Douglas pulls off a role that could've been a disaster in most other elderly actors hands. He's able to use his natural charisma in talking to these women where you actually believe he could've gotten them. I also liked all these scenes with MD and Danny DeVito, they should do more movies together.

This movie needs to be seen more.
Old 10-05-11, 11:37 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just caught this one yesterday, really liked it. I thought it had a really solid cast and that acting was definitely some of the best performances I've seen by those actors. As mentioned above, just sad that such a great movie doesn't get any love.

Still undecided, but I don't think I like ambiguous ending. Which path do you think he takes?

I think
Spoiler:
based on the little smirk he gives, is that he probably takes the path back to the fast life, he started to realize how lonely that path is, but I think he's just one of those live fast, die early types that you can't change.