DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Movie Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk-17/)
-   -   Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2014) (D: Liebesman; S: Fox, Arnett, Fichtner) (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk/539016-teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-2014-d-liebesman%3B-s-fox-arnett-fichtner.html)

My Other Self 11-07-09 02:05 AM

Re: New LIVE ACTION Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles film in the works...

Originally Posted by Solid Snake PAC (Post 9821777)
I remember seeing TMNT in theaters...was probably at the most 7 yrs. old and I felt robbed. It was ok...just...eh. TMNT 1 kicked sooo much ass. 2 was fun, but not great. 3 was just a wtf kind of thing for me back in the day...and I assume now.

You were 7 when the new TMNT came out in 2007? I thought you were studying film in college?

NiCK Crush 11-07-09 02:07 AM

Originally Posted by Solid Snake PAC (Post 9821777)
I remember seeing TMNT in theaters...was probably at the most 7 yrs. old and I felt robbed. It was ok...just...eh. TMNT 1 kicked sooo much ass. 2 was fun, but not great. 3 was just a wtf kind of thing for me back in the day...and I assume now.

that would make you like... 9 or 10 years old? Isn't it past your bed time?

Troy Stiffler 11-07-09 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by Solid Snake PAC (Post 9821758)
I love this scene. The guys in those suits really could move in them too. I miss a gritty TMNT...

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Nz5rx6o6Vt8&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Nz5rx6o6Vt8&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

The part where Spliter shows up is why movies are good. I hadn't watched this in five-or-so years. But I remember being blown away by that part ... what I was like 20. Funny, I didn't notice how downplayed it is when Casey hits the trash compactor. I never got that before. Different times, different times.

And, you guys, TMNT came out in the 1990-or-so. Unless you're nitpicking about grammar or the way he spelled it or something. I think you're thinking of the animated movie. That makes Snake twenty-something. Am I missing something?

The third was definately 'weird', even way back when. It'd compare it to Die Hard 4. It's alright. And most-everyone's there. But it's just a little off and akward.

pinata242 11-07-09 08:56 PM

They're just being dicks because the abbreviation of the first movie matches the actual name of a different movie. It's the DVD Talk way.

Solid Snake 11-08-09 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by mcfly (Post 9821846)
You were 7 when the new TMNT came out in 2007? I thought you were studying film in college?

ah fuck me. I meant TMNT 3. It's 3 that made me like TMNT a little bit less. I'm 23...haha. So yeah..TMNT 3 is what I meant...and yes, I'm going for film in college. The University of North Texas btw....

My Other Self 11-08-09 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by troystiffler (Post 9822602)
And, you guys, TMNT came out in the 1990-or-so. Unless you're nitpicking about grammar or the way he spelled it or something. I think you're thinking of the animated movie. That makes Snake twenty-something. Am I missing something?

Yes, you are missing something. The 4th film is called TMNT. That's its name.

He corrected himself in the post above this.

NiCK Crush 11-10-09 01:55 AM

:lol:

JCWBobC 11-10-09 07:48 AM

I didn't see this posted yet:

Turtles Forever is an animated movie in which the Ninja Turtles from the 2003 series meet up with the Turtles from the 1980s series. It's going to air 11/21/09 on 4Kids TV at 10 am which will apparently be its one and only airing.

Here's a link with a little more info: http://www.4kids.tv/buzz/view/catch-...urtles-forever

Jedi Master 33 11-10-09 08:54 AM

Originally Posted by JCWBobC (Post 9826871)
I didn't see this posted yet:

Turtles Forever is an animated movie in which the Ninja Turtles from the 2003 series meet up with the Turtles from the 1980s series. It's going to air 11/21/09 on 4Kids TV at 10 am which will apparently be its one and only airing.

Here's a link with a little more info: http://www.4kids.tv/buzz/view/catch-...urtles-forever

Indeed. I heard there was gonna be a trailer online somethime this week.

edit: here it is.

http://www.4kidstv.com/tmnt/tmnt-25th-montage/0025

zero 11-11-09 02:53 AM

I don't have cable so I guess i'll have to wait for the DVD. Shame really because that looks pretty awesome.

Jedi Master 33 11-21-09 12:00 AM

Turtles Forever airs tommorow morning{Saturday} at 10AM on the CW. There's a good chance this won't make it to DVD, so if you want to watch it, you might wanna set your DVRs.

NiCK Crush 11-21-09 12:02 AM

Originally Posted by Jedi Master 33 (Post 9847679)
Turtles Forever airs tommorow morning{Saturday} at 10AM on the CW. There's a good chance this won't make it to DVD, so if you want to watch it, you might wanna set your DVRs.

Wow, thanks for the heads up! I would have for sure missed it.

zero 11-21-09 05:19 AM

Originally Posted by Jedi Master 33 (Post 9847679)

I also don't have DVR :(

Jedi Master 33 11-23-09 04:36 AM

TF was awasome. If you are/were a TMNT fan, you owe yourself to watch it. My one problem with it is that they really overdid the 80's turtles. They were not THAT corny. Plus the VAs they got for them sucked{Leo doesn't even sound like Leo}.

No word on the DVD as of yet. This will be airing again on the CW4KIDS over the next three weeks as three seperate episodes, and apperently it will be the 4KIDS website in December.

islandclaws 05-28-10 10:35 AM

From DHD:

Paramount Pictures and Nickelodeon have brought Michael Bay and his Platinum Dunes partners Brad Fuller and Andrew Form on to produce Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, the live-action film that reboots the film series launched by New Line in 1990. Bay, Fuller and Form will produce with Galen Walker and Scott Mednick.

The producers will begin meetings with writers in the next few weeks. The deal puts Bay in the center of two Paramount franchises, as he started production May 17 on Transformers 3, and is zeroing in on Rosie Huntington-Whitely to replace Megan Fox as love interest for Shia LaBeouf. TNMT, a co-production between Paramount and Nickelodeon, is an outgrowth of the $60 million acquisition made by Nick last October for global rights to the entire Turtles franchise. Right around the same time, Paramount made a first look deal with the Platinum Dunes partners, who will generate genre projects but also want to expand their scope. While they've already set up several projects including a Rob Cohen-remake of Fright Night, the Turtles film puts them into new territory.

Fuck.

sauce07 05-28-10 10:46 AM

Vomit

Yavin 05-28-10 11:02 AM

I guess Bay being involved means that Krang's giant mechanical suit is going to come with a pair of swinging balls.

fumanstan 05-28-10 11:05 AM

I'd rather Bay direct himself then just Platinum Dunes being involved.

RocShemp 05-28-10 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by KillerCannibal (Post 10183204)
From DHD:

Paramount Pictures and Nickelodeon have brought Michael Bay and his Platinum Dunes partners Brad Fuller and Andrew Form on to produce Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, the live-action film that reboots the film series launched by New Line in 1990. Bay, Fuller and Form will produce with Galen Walker and Scott Mednick.

The producers will begin meetings with writers in the next few weeks. The deal puts Bay in the center of two Paramount franchises, as he started production May 17 on Transformers 3, and is zeroing in on Rosie Huntington-Whitely to replace Megan Fox as love interest for Shia LaBeouf. TNMT, a co-production between Paramount and Nickelodeon, is an outgrowth of the $60 million acquisition made by Nick last October for global rights to the entire Turtles franchise. Right around the same time, Paramount made a first look deal with the Platinum Dunes partners, who will generate genre projects but also want to expand their scope. While they've already set up several projects including a Rob Cohen-remake of Fright Night, the Turtles film puts them into new territory.

Fuck.

I met Rich Magallanes, the frontrunner of the new Nickelodeon TMNT animated series. He's a great guy and I look forward to see what he creates. :up: But a Platinum Dunes live action remake...? :yack:

Originally Posted by fumanstan (Post 10183272)
I'd rather Bay direct himself then just Platinum Dunes being involved.

I'd hate to see martial arts in Bay-Vision. :sad:

ManClub 05-28-10 11:18 AM

oh lord...

fumanstan 05-28-10 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by RocShemp (Post 10183274)
I'd hate to see martial arts in Bay-Vision. :sad:

I'd love a big budget martial arts action flick, but then again I've enjoyed most of what Bay has done, sans Transformers.

RocShemp 05-28-10 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by fumanstan (Post 10183309)
I'd love a big budget martial arts action flick, but then again I've enjoyed most of what Bay has done, sans Transformers.

I too love big budjet martial arts flicks and, except for Transformers 2 and Bad Boys 2, I enjoy Michael Bay's movies. However, his hectic and over-edited style would ruin a martial arts movie.

I miss the days when John Woo was to produce this movie. After Red Cliff, I wish he'd direct this. Yip Wai-Shun would be another good choice. If kept under control, Tsui Hark would be an inspired choice.

MartinBlank 05-28-10 01:45 PM

http://www.filmschoolrejects.com/ima...-southpark.jpg

RagingBull80 08-20-10 11:53 AM

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles moving forward with Iron Man writers

Originally Posted by A.V. Club

by Sean O'Neal August 20, 2010

As anyone familiar with the fast-paced, no-time-for-spell-check inner workings of Paramount knows by now, the studio has been making every effort to relaunch Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles for the second or third time, because it is “a huge Viacom priority.” Also, art or something. Unfortunately, the first draft from writer John Fusco—best known, perhaps, for the Young Guns franchise—was deemed “not great,” despite Fusco’s extensive meetings with original Turtles co-creator Peter Laird about capturing the darker tone of the original comics. Fortunately for Viacom (and the rest of you, we guess), Paramount has now hired Art Marcum and Matt Holloway, who have both done second draft work on Iron Man and Punisher: War Zone, and whose upcoming projects include reboots of Highlander and Buck Rogers—so clearly they’re comfortable with taking established properties and giving them the kind of modern-day zing that would make Paramount excited again. The new, live-action Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles could now begin shooting as early as next year, which means Corey Feldman should start campaigning for a part sometime next week.

And now, here's an obligatory video of Vanilla Ice doing "Ninja Rap (Go Ninja Go)."

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/GFLGRidfFo4?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/GFLGRidfFo4?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

RocShemp 08-20-10 11:59 AM

I hated Punisher: War Zone but really liked their script for the remake of Highlander. So if this script is in the spirit of the latter, I'm all for it.

islandclaws 08-20-10 12:08 PM

Iron Man and Punisher: WZ were both totally different, yet completely entertaining films. I now have some level of hope this could be good.

RocShemp 06-09-11 06:39 AM

http://movies.ign.com/articles/117/1174311p1.html

The new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles film has got the Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol writers onboard.

Paramount must have been pleased with their work on MI:4, as Josh Appelbaum and André Nemec have been asked to resurrect another franchise, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

The film has been in development for a while. IGN reported last year that the writing team behind Iron Man, Art Marcum and Matt Holloway, had been asked to turn in a draft, but things have been quiet since then.

The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles reboot is being produced by Platinum Dunes, of which Michael Bay is a partner.
Platinum Dunes? It's already DOA. :down:

kstublen 06-09-11 06:53 AM

I'm more disappointed that it's a reboot and that they're not continuing the franchise from where TMNT left off.

islandclaws 06-09-11 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by RocShemp (Post 10810027)
http://movies.ign.com/articles/117/1174311p1.html

Platinum Dunes? It's already DOA. :down:

Sigh. Another slick piece of shit; it's their M.O.

RocShemp 06-10-11 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by kstublen (Post 10810035)
I'm more disappointed that it's a reboot and that they're not continuing the franchise from where TMNT left off.

I loved TMNT but looking at some other forums (like over at Blu-ray.com) there are fans that were upset that it wasn't another Shredder storyline and even complain that it was just a cheap Saturday morning cartoon put on the big screen. I guess there's no accounting for taste. :shrug:

Spoiler:
Our different threads that derail into who Deftones would or wouldn't bang are proof of that. :lol:

Originally Posted by tilallr1 (Post 4823997)
I just heard some amazing news regarding the comics. They are coming back, via IDW, and now Eastman at the helm. Based on the Mirage Comics as well. Amazing!!! :rock::rock::rock::rock: Miss the Mirage Eastman/Laird comics.

http://www.idwpublishing.com/news/article/1780/

http://media.ideaanddesignworks.com/..._cvrSpread.jpg

http://media.ideaanddesignworks.com/...es_01_cvrD.jpg

Well, I guess this is the silver lining in all this.

kgrogers1979 03-18-12 05:16 PM

The turtles are now.... aliens???

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=37648

While it's not news that the Hollywood heavyweight's Platinum Dunes production company is tackling Paramount Pictures' "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" film reboot for a December 2013 release, specific details -- outside of "Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol" screenwriters Josh Applebaum and Andrew Nemec writing the project -- have been slim. According to StuffWeLike.com, at this past week's Nickelodeon Upfront Michael Bay revealed the basic premise of the live-action film, which will likely ruffle the feathers of the Turtles' fanbase.

"Kids are going to believe, one day, that these turtles do exist, when we are done with this movie," said Bay. "These Turtles are from an alien race, and they are going to be tough, edgy, funny and completely lovable."

As those who grew up with the TMNT in their various incarnations know, "tough, edgy, funny and completely lovable" isn't far from the mark, but transforming the origin of Leonardo, Raphael, Michelangelo and Donatello from "pet store amphibians dipped in radioactive goo" to "members of an alien race" is not only likely to upset longtime Turtles fans, but also seems to leave the appropriateness of the descriptive "Mutant" somewhat up in the air.
So are they now the TANT? Teenage Alien Ninja Turtles?

Hopefully he didn't actually mean that the turtles themselves are aliens but rather that the radioactive goo is alien. That actually is true to the Eastman and Laird source material. The radioactive goo was created by an alien race called Utroms, which was the basis of Krang in the cartoon series.

My Other Self 03-18-12 05:24 PM

Yeah, totally pass on anything involving Nickelodeon and the Turtles. Nothing I've seen or read about the new movie or new animated series sounds the least bit appealing to me, and this is coming form a life-long TMNT fan.

To me the whole franchise died when Eastman sold everything to Nick. I'll just stick to the old video games and animated series DVDs and comics when I want a TMNT fix.

kgrogers1979 03-18-12 05:37 PM

Originally Posted by mcfly (Post 11157102)
Yeah, totally pass on anything involving Nickelodeon and the Turtles. Nothing I've seen or read about the new movie or new animated series sounds the least bit appealing to me, and this is coming form a life-long TMNT fan.

To me the whole franchise died when Eastman sold everything to Nick. I'll just stick to the old video games and animated series DVDs and comics when I want a TMNT fix.

The new IDW TMNT comic book has been pretty good.

RocShemp 03-18-12 05:50 PM

What the hell? Aliens?!

Shannon Nutt 03-18-12 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by RocShemp (Post 11157128)
What the hell? Aliens?!

Read the quote carefully...the TMNT are "from an alien race" as opposed to "are an alien race".

milo bloom 03-18-12 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by Shannon Nutt (Post 11157154)
Read the quote carefully...the TMNT are "from an alien race" as opposed to "are an alien race".

Still seems like an unnecessary complication. There's got to be a million other ways to tackle this kind of project, what kind of brain defect do movie producers have in common that they always want to bring in aliens?

My Other Self 03-18-12 07:28 PM

Originally Posted by milo bloom (Post 11157223)
Still seems like an unnecessary complication. There's got to be a million other ways to tackle this kind of project, what kind of brain defect do movie producers have in common that they always want to bring in aliens?

It's been going for years. Studios don't want fan involvement and rarely get people that are able to comprehend the source material. Instead we have re-imaginings and pissed off internet fanboys. I've been there.

It seems like they're going for a new audience instead of those that may or may not have been in to the Turtles as long as most of us have.

My Other Self 03-18-12 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by kgrogers1979 (Post 11157115)
The new IDW TMNT comic book has been pretty good.

I haven't read it, but I honestly didn't know they would be able to publish it without Nickelodeon's okay. I thought Eastman sold everything about the franchise to them.

Sonic 03-18-12 07:38 PM

It's probably a tactic to get more hype out of this movie.

fumanstan 03-18-12 07:43 PM

It's not like Krang was so bad :shrug: