Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Ghost Rider 2: My skull STILL feels like it's on fire!

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Ghost Rider 2: My skull STILL feels like it's on fire!

Old 12-16-11, 04:57 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 78 Likes on 63 Posts
Re: Ghost Rider 2

I think it's because Vengeance hasn't aged well since the 90s. He was cool but looking back, he's an 'extreme' version of a character who already wears chains, spikes, and has a flaming skull.
Old 12-17-11, 07:37 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Count me among the few who enjoyed the first and is greatly looking forward to Spirit of Vengeance.
Old 12-19-11, 03:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 360 Likes on 303 Posts

Originally Posted by brayzie
I think it's because Vengeance hasn't aged well since the 90s. He was cool but looking back, he's an 'extreme' version of a character who already wears chains, spikes, and has a flaming skull.
True, but I feel like this series could really use an over-the-top looking villain, like many of the other Marvel films.
Old 02-18-12, 04:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

"IF" you liked the movies "CRANK" (Directors) & "BLADE"(Writer/Producer), then you might like new "Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance" as if you could image "Chev Chelios" (Jason Statham) as the Ghost Rider in Europe but played by a totally 'CRAZY {FROM TRYING TO CONTROL 'THE CURSE'} / Unemotional 'Nicolas Cage' '''Then edited down to be only PG-13''' you get an very good idea of the movies look and style! I liked the movie as I liked both "CRANK" and "BLADE" (Which both were "R" rated).. I have a feeling that when the disc is released it will be a directors un-rated cut that might bring the adult version of the movie which seemed to of been on the cutting room floor.
Old 02-18-12, 05:48 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

alright..cuz I loved the shit out of C2. GREAT BD.
Old 02-18-12, 06:47 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I absolutely could not have hated this movie any more. Ok, scratch that... The Ghost Rider design looked badass, but that's it.

Spoiler:
Ghost Rider is only featured in what... 3 scenes. In his very first scene, the bad guys defeat Ghost Rider by simply shooting him? But a missile doesn't hurt him later on.
Old 02-18-12, 07:08 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,177 Likes on 906 Posts

Saw this early today. It's total style over substance and nothing more. The Blu-ray should look and sound phenomenal. I saw it in non-3D, too. Loved his heavy metal theme. I can still hear the guitar.
Old 02-18-12, 07:16 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

So it's better than GR1?
Old 02-18-12, 07:41 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 598 Likes on 462 Posts

As long as there are actual action sequences this time around, I'll go see this.

How was Christopher Lambert in this? I read they made him take 3 months of sword training for his role.

Last edited by RocShemp; 02-18-12 at 07:47 PM.
Old 02-18-12, 07:49 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by RocShemp
As long as there are actual action sequences this time around, I'll go see this.

How was Christopher Lambert in this? I read they made him take 3 months of sword training for his role.
Spoiler:
Then they massively wasted his time and their money. He pulled a sword and was about cut a kid's head off execution-style, then he got killed. That was it.
Old 02-18-12, 07:50 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by CaptainMarvel
Spoiler:
Then they massively wasted his time and their money. He pulled a sword and was about cut a kid's head off execution-style, then he got killed. That was it.
Really?
Old 02-18-12, 07:54 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Solid Snake PAC
So it's better than GR1?
In all honesty, they both suck. Different reasons, for sure, but neither is better.
Old 02-18-12, 08:44 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Well that is a shame. I was hoping for some good trashy fun outta this flick.
Old 02-18-12, 09:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DEC29111
"IF" you liked the movies "CRANK" (Directors) & "BLADE"(Writer/Producer), then you might like new "Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance" as if you could image "Chev Chelios" (Jason Statham) as the Ghost Rider in Europe but played by a totally 'CRAZY {FROM TRYING TO CONTROL 'THE CURSE'} / Unemotional 'Nicolas Cage' '''Then edited down to be only PG-13''' you get an very good idea of the movies look and style! I liked the movie as I liked both "CRANK" and "BLADE" (Which both were "R" rated).. I have a feeling that when the disc is released it will be a directors un-rated cut that might bring the adult version of the movie which seemed to of been on the cutting room floor.
"Okay". "I" will take "that" into "consideration".
Old 02-18-12, 09:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 419 Likes on 286 Posts

I liked it, it was trashy and gritty. Much better than the original. The peeing scene got a good reaction from the audience. Lambert was good to see, but wasted. Buffy fans will spot Giles in the beginning.
Old 02-18-12, 10:00 PM

Movie was shit! First was only ok, but still better. Don't waist your time with this movie. Not ever the same continuity from the first.
Old 02-18-12, 10:20 PM

Originally Posted by CaptainMarvel
I absolutely could not have hated this movie any more. Ok, scratch that... The Ghost Rider design looked badass, but that's it.

Spoiler:
Ghost Rider is only featured in what... 3 scenes. In his very first scene, the bad guys defeat Ghost Rider by simply shooting him? But a missile doesn't hurt him later on.
Reply to spoiler:
Spoiler:
The rider was hit by a grenade launcher, which knocked him into one of the SUV's so hard it folded side ways.. it was not bullets!! And the rider was in more than three scenes.. but I can only guess you were on a restroom run when he was on the screen?
Old 02-18-12, 10:45 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by DEC29111
Reply to spoiler:
Spoiler:
The rider was hit by a grenade launcher, which knocked him into one of the SUV's so hard it folded side ways.. it was not bullets!! And the rider was in more than three scenes.. but I can only guess you were on a restroom run when he was on the screen?
Spoiler:
Great. So a grenade launcher knocks the Rider out, but a missile doesn't. Makes sense.

Which scenes does the Rider appear in?
1) First rescue scene where he's knocked out.
2) Scene where he transforms the giant crane.
3) The climax of the film (cult interruption, leading to the final car chase)

I just saw it last night... I can't remember any other scenes with him. Unless you mean the exorcism, which is just him spitting out some chains.
Old 02-19-12, 11:16 PM

I thought it was fun. The only thing I wasn't a fan of was the occasional odd camera choices
With one character in particular.
Old 02-20-12, 09:44 AM

Spoiler:
What I do not really understand is, why was he trying to get the Rider out of him? At the end of the 1st movie, the Devil said you fullide your contract. Johnny said he would keep it.
Old 02-20-12, 03:36 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I liked it well enough as a B movie diversion. I love when Cage plays that crazy, unhinged insanity that he does so well and in a few scenes they let him just go for it...but the script gives everyone else nothing to work with. I thought the Rider was cooler this time and I liked his mannerisms more, felt like a cooler character. The 3D was terrible though, hardly any depth and a lot of the film was shot with a lot of softness intentionally. The action is fun but there isn't nearly enough of it and these guys (Neveldine/Taylor) still don't quite know when to stop winking at the audience and just let things play out.
Old 02-20-12, 11:35 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,177 Likes on 906 Posts

Originally Posted by drq2
Spoiler:
What I do not really understand is, why was he trying to get the Rider out of him? At the end of the 1st movie, the Devil said you fullide your contract. Johnny said he would keep it.

Spoiler:
It's five years later, so he probably got over it.
Old 02-21-12, 12:25 AM

Originally Posted by drq2
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Trying to control "The Rider" was getting harder, driving Johnny crazy and so Johnny had taken to hiding from people as "The Rider" was taking the souls of basically good people and not just the evil/bad.

After years of trying to control "The Rider" Johnny was getting tired.

By the end of the movie we find out what "The Rider" really was and the good side was being released for the good.

Old 02-22-12, 01:27 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 708 Likes on 516 Posts

Goyer wrote this and they don't have the kid turn out to be Daimon Hellstrom? Oh, the missed opportunies.

It's not a bad film, but it's not really a good film either. Still better than the MSJ one.
Old 04-28-12, 06:21 PM
Suspended

So this movie really bombed. How long was it in the theaters?

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.