Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Towering Inferno - Who dies and why?

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Old 08-27-08, 09:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This was on TV the other day and yes, I watched it from start to finish, for probably the 50th time. I love the part where the fire cheif (Steve McQueen) tells the architect (Paul Newman)

"The fire`s out of control and its heading your way"

I`ve never felt such a sense of impending doom, it was fantastic......However, I`m fairly sure some pimple nosed, lard ass, insensitive, buzzword vomiting executive, from some rotting film studio has already stood up and said "Hey, why dont we remake it"

So before we see Bruce Wills, pissing on the flames shouting yippee-kayeeh-muthafka, or jive talking Will Smith running around warning everyone but being ignored till its too late, or Jodie Foster trying to do it all herself, but insisting that there`s no time to save the men, lets try and set them in the right direction and telll them who WE want to see burn.

So, Towering Inferno 2008 is 100 storeys high, the fire is out of control and heading their way, so who dies and why?

100 - Paris Hilton, while filming the (Daddy financed) Hottie and the Nottie part II - Probably the only time she`ll ever be hot!

99 - M Night Shalamanyananan - He is busy writting his next masterpiece but ignores the smoke and flames as nothing "happens" till he says it will.

98 - Hayden Christensen - He actually caught fire on the FIRST floor, ran all the way up to 98 warning everyone he met, funny thing is no one believed him.
Old 08-27-08, 09:53 AM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
97 - Heath Ledger, who rose on the 3rd day only to be engulfed in flame near the minibar
Old 08-27-08, 06:13 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

96 and 95 - Jason Friedberg and Aaron Seltzer: killed while too hung up on trying to establish a horrendous joke about the fire.

94 - Brian Austin Green: finally realizing her fiance is a tool who was never even famous, is knocked through a skylight and into a fireball by Megan Fox. Talk about heartburn!

93 - Zac Efron: burned to death when the fire spreads to the set of Community College Musical.
Old 08-27-08, 07:32 PM
DVD Talk Hero

This thread is cruel.
Old 08-27-08, 08:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
When Will Smith sees the raging fire for the first time, can he say, "Aw, hell no!"?
Old 08-27-08, 10:43 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I suppose there's no harm in a little black humor...

92 - Who needs Grauman's Chinese Theatre…BABYLON A.D. director Mathieu Kassovitz left a lasting impression on the sidewalk below by calmly accepting his fate and leaping to his demise through a shattered window…the engulfed building was owned by Fox Studios…he wouldn't be caught dead in that place.
Old 08-28-08, 06:40 AM

This thread is cruel.
Its just a film
Old 08-28-08, 03:19 PM

91 Michael Bay incinerated by his own giant explosion, as he attempts to shoot the sequel: The Towering Inferno II - Toast My Nuts!
Old 08-28-08, 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by Jason View Post
When Will Smith sees the raging fire for the first time, can he say, "Aw, hell no!"?
he and Josh Lucas can save the day.
Old 08-29-08, 10:37 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Adam Sandler, who is the token drunk in the movie, makes a stupid joke and proceeds to stumble and then fall down an elevator shaft.
Old 08-30-08, 11:11 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I thought this was going to be a discussion about Jennifer Jones. Oh well.
Old 08-31-08, 05:51 AM

They need to also do an "Earthquake '08" and show them together. SHAKE 'N BAKE